Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 09:18 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

These people marching here they do so in hopes there will be a better tomorrow, who wants to be the one to tell 'em they are wasting their time and energy? Wait, we don't have to. That's why Trump was elected. The great harasser and evictor ... he serves a great purpose in times such as these.
'Harasser"? Really? Illegal aliens deserve to be constantly harassed. After all, they have no business being here. Just as you would have no business being in another country illegally.

And, yes, illegals need to be evicted.

As for lower birth rates---how is that a bad thing? Do you think we have unlimited potable water and buildable land? How many people will be too many for you? 1 billion? 2 billion? India has over 1 billion people and Bangalore doesn't have enough potable water. I don't want that happening in the US, do you?

Old 04-02-2018, 09:30 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
'Harasser"? Really? Illegal aliens deserve to be constantly harassed. After all, they have no business being here. Just as you would have no business being in another country illegally.

As for lower birth rates---how is that a bad thing? Do you think we have unlimited potable water and buildable land? How many people will be too many for you? 1 billion? 2 billion? India has over 1 billion people and Bangalore doesn't have enough potable water. I don't want that happening in the US, do you?
Illegals should have been deported. Particularly after the late 80s amnesty. They were not. It is not now doable. Too many, cost too much, too many US kids, too integrated into US society, no support from the citizenry to make the massive effort it would take to remove them.

Actually there is no reasonable argument that there are too many. The unemployment rate is about at the optimum level. So no they should not have been the ones chosen...but they were and there is nothing reasonable to be done about it.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:52 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I'm thinking you are one that appreciates the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the vision of the Founding Fathers. Except their vision of a country where people from all over the world could join together and live under one government. They were not looking at the wealthiest of those folks, but rather the poorest.

The later part of that is what always gets left out from the Conservative principles. Thus the reason the great American experiment has gone a bust.
Quote:
I don't want that happening in the US, do you?
People all around the world have learned to do more with less. I think they are really, really smart.

As for as lower birth rates, imagine what our lives would be like if people like these had never been born:
https://www.biographyonline.net/scie...inventors.html

or Einstein? That is how that, is a bad thing.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:33 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
A Comparison Of Food Assistance Programs In Mexico And The United States

"Food assistance programs have little effect on the extent of poverty in Mexico, while the opposite is true in the United States, primarily because the level of benefits as a percentage of income is much lower in Mexico and a much higher percentage of eligible households receive benefits from food assistance programs in the United States."

Retirees are not the only ones that make up the million of American "citizens", living in Mexico. But you knew that right? As logic dictates ... Also, I thought most people knew that it is cheaper to live in Mexico, than it is to live in America. Shoot, it's cheaper to live in almost any other country than it is to live in the U.S. More people living abroad in 2017 gave up their American Citizenship than in any other time in history, because they were having to pay U.S. taxes on earnings (double taxed) when working in their country of residence.

Migration works both ways. Interesting enough politicians only want to worry about the people coming into the U.S.; not the ones leaving and taking that tax money with them when they go. I'm sure Mexico welcomes the U.S. retirees and any other American willing to work and spend money in their country as it does what? Helps the Mexico economy. Funny, the U.S. citizens or its government doesn't see any value in those things.

Lots has changed in sentiment since Lady Liberty made her debut. However, back then the idea was to grow America not stunt it.

Today though, since all American government knows how to accomplish is raise the price on goods and services and lower the wages of the average worker, I'm impressed any one would want to move to the U.S. The more people worldwide that figure this out and spreads the word the less America will need to worry about immigrants.

Jobs, security and family, if one can not get that in America, why bother risking anything in a move.
Where are the statistics on on American illegal aliens in Mexico receiving food assistance from the Mexican government? The article you linked doesn't include that, and that's what I was asking. I also asked for information on cash welfare, housing assistance, and translation services that Mexico provides for people who need it regardless of immigration status. Throw free public education in there as well.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:04 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Press release of migrant caravan...what nerve. The msm is downplaying this and Politifact actually claimed this coming invasion as "half true" because of Trump's claim this was a "caravan". No way we need more illegals demanding anything from US citizens.

https://i2.wp.com/fromthetrencheswor...18/04/3035.jpg

Old 04-03-2018, 06:13 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,432,923 times
This is a sad situation and a major problem for the U.S. right now. We must find a solution for all the women and children entering the country illegally. It is a major problem on the interior of the United States with welfare, ebt food stamps, and free public education. All of this you and I are paying for with our taxes for the illegal aliens. I see this first hand in my city.

Israel has the same problem, and they brought the military to the border and began shooting people, and turning them back. We can't really do this, although we need to do something more aggressive than what we are currently doing. Currently, the illegals can come across the Border , they are stopped by Border Patrol, and detained and given a court hearing to see a Federal Immigration Judge. This can take up to a year or more. They then are released to a family member (another illegal alien) residing in the United States.

I believe we must turn the women & children back to Mexico at the Border. We must not allow them to enter the United States. How we do it needs to be determined, but we must do this and soon!

Last edited by Serenity2019; 04-03-2018 at 06:25 AM..

Old 04-03-2018, 06:24 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I never called them ants. What I said is if this army of mothers and kids make it into our country we will have to support them. Deter them at the border in the first place and no plane will be required.
Why do we have to support them just because they are here? Last I heard, it's possible to send planes and boats and buses south.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:26 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Just divert them all to California, they want and need more.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:30 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Just divert them all to California, they want and need more.
I'd rather divert them to Baja California.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:36 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Illegals should have been deported. Particularly after the late 80s amnesty. They were not. It is not now doable. Too many, cost too much, too many US kids, too integrated into US society, no support from the citizenry to make the massive effort it would take to remove them.

Actually there is no reasonable argument that there are too many. The unemployment rate is about at the optimum level. So no they should not have been the ones chosen...but they were and there is nothing reasonable to be done about it.
That last paragraph makes a good point. The question of whether the unemployment rate is at an optimum level or not is a good one to consider. The unemployment rate doesn't accurately account for all those who are unemployed, if I understand it correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration