U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 08:13 AM

1,225 posts, read 361,254 times

Advertisements

The whole turning in in the parents thing is not going to work. Many people have DACA have parents that are already American citizens or residence due to US citizen children being in the country sponsoring them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 08:49 AM

2,784 posts, read 2,568,566 times
Never reward criminal behavior. Deport everyone here who is illegally in this country.

What's the point of laws if we don't enforce them?

Old 04-03-2018, 09:55 AM

3,925 posts, read 957,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
The whole turning in in the parents thing is not going to work. Many people have DACA have parents that are already American citizens or residence due to US citizen children being in the country sponsoring them
Do you have any evidence to support this assertion?

Old 04-03-2018, 10:03 AM

6,905 posts, read 11,692,577 times
Why can't these people go back to Mexico and make that country great again? Why can't they take what they have learned here and go use it there? How will Mexico ever become anything other then a sh*thole country if we don't send the smart ones back?

Old 04-03-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Just personal experience from working with those applying for DACA and other immigration applications

Old 04-03-2018, 10:27 AM

3,925 posts, read 957,585 times
Quote:
Quote:
Just personal experience from working with those applying for DACA and other immigration applications
So, no evidence that many DACA people have parents that are already American citizens or residents, as I thought.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:12 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:

I guess I'm not following you. How would the parents of the DACAs be citizens of this country already when they came here illegally with their kids (the DACAs)? I understand that they may have U.S. born kids though.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess I'm not following you. How would the parents of the DACAs be citizens of this country already when they came here illegally with their kids (the DACAs)? I understand that they may have U.S. born kids though.
Many have children here to wait it out until they turn 21. The children petition for the parents and they become legalized. Some have US citizen brothers or sisters as well

Old 04-03-2018, 02:10 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Many have children here to wait it out until they turn 21. The children petition for the parents and they become legalized. Some have US citizen brothers or sisters as well
These kids that are DACAs wait it out till they are 21? They aren't citizens of this country so how can they sponsor their parents for legalization? Or did you mean that their U.S. born kids sponsor them? I'm confused how the DACAs fit into this scenario.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:43 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Some people are saying that DACA recipients broke the law when they came over the border, and should be given the usual punishment for anyone who breaks those laws. Even those who were maybe 6 months old when they were carried across he border in their mothers' arms.

I say we should not be so harsh. How can you punish someone who was a little baby when he "committed his crime"? Or even someone who was 5 years old?
Because they didn't commit a crime at 6 months or 5 years. There are no consequences for a minor being here illegally in terms of a ban or criminal charges. At all.

Time spent illegally in the US does not count until 180 days after your 18th birthday.

THAT'S when they became criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration