U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-03-2018, 09:01 PM
 
31,902 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Reputation: 8507

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Likewise the parent that brought them illegaly also came from a different language and culture. But it's OK when they do it, that's a double standard right there.

I agree. Adults came here illegally to a foreign country not knowing the culture and language of this country and they adapted but somehow it would be traumatizing for the DACAs to return to their nation of origin because they supposedly don't know the culture and language of it? Hmm, double standard indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-03-2018, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Florida & Cebu, Philippines
2,808 posts, read 2,251,759 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree. Adults came here illegally to a foreign country not knowing the culture and language of this country and they adapted but somehow it would be traumatizing for the DACAs to return to their nation of origin because they supposedly don't know the culture and language of it? Hmm, double standard indeed.
A ridiculous double standard...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2018, 03:12 PM
 
292 posts, read 102,197 times
Reputation: 387
Well then, we will just have to repost without my personal information RE: Why I know and feel the way that I do regarding illegal immigration.

First off, let's get to the guist of the problem: Regardless of the fact that Mama and Papasita came to the US, not knowing the " lay of the land, so to speak " they actually have a lot more knowledge of the US, than most other immigrants. why? Because most of these illegals are not coming here blindly, they already know someone in the USA.

Just think of how many immigrants come from countries around the world who have little to no true knowledge of the western ways of the world...and they often do much better than these people. Why? Because they planned, financially and Intellectually. Via studying for a career that would gain them entrance into western economic sector and pursuing resources which aid in their migration.

These illegal immigrants and their DACA offspring oftentimes do nothing regarding their pursuit of US citizenship. They do not even pursue a permanent resident visa

Why? There are a couple of reasons: Not wanted to pay taxes. Not wanting to end the train of free goods and services provided via taxpayer dollars. The same taxpayers that they disrespect when they commit crimes, and hold their in your face rallies suggesting that you are only here to service and finance their personal needs. They are not even quiet about their disdain for US taxpayers anymore. And who can blame them ? When the Mexican government provides brochures and other resources on how to enter the USA illegally and how to pursue the benifits available here. BTW, many of the same benifits ARE NOT available to out of work US citizens.

Another reason is the criminal rap sheet many illegals have. Pot possession and drug dealing, theft crimes, etc.

Now, if Mama and Papa chose not to pursue citizenship, those DACA offspring sure could, especially after the age of 18. No financials, you say? There are plenty of free or extremely low cost services available to this group of people, services that they seem uninterested in pursuing. Free legal services are in the offering to these individuals, do not kid yourself.

They have made it relatively easy to pursue citizenship, so really ask yourself why they chose not to go this route?

BTW, I am a dual-citizen ( multi-racial, multi-ethnicity) who was invited here to work. My mother was a US citizen via marriage, but I still had to apply and jump through all known hoops, as they say. I have an expensive genetic condition that is non-contiguous. I had to proven financial proof and other documents that I would be able to manage said condition if I at anytime lost employment in the US. I have the ability to provide for myself and henceforth passed that barrier. I AM OK with this, but it was still rather stressful, especially since my Husbands career was located in the US, at that time. I did not want to place undue stress on him.

But the illegals just waltz into the USA, and there is never any testing for TB, or any other contiguous disease. When Europeans presented at Ellis Island and other entrances to the USA, they were tested for contiguous diseases, such as TB. And denied entrance until they were treated...many times the US gov. services provided this treatment, and once cleared of said disease, allowed entry into the country.

It is discerning that there is more concern for these illegal immigrants than law abiding US citizens...and you must ask yourself, why is this so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 10:26 AM
 
9,846 posts, read 7,698,555 times
Reputation: 6193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Never reward criminal behavior. Deport everyone here who is illegally in this country.

What's the point of laws if we don't enforce them?
You best check the law. Cato said in a case in Florida that entering was under the criminal statute, staying is civil. All the government can do is a fine and pay your way back to where you came from.

If anybody wants to stop illegals from crossing into the USA and getting a job, the Congress can and should change the law. Jail employers, jail illegals for being here.

But then who would process the cheap chicken and bacon we all want to buy on sale? Who would wash the dishes and prep all the food when we go out to eat? Who would roof our houses? Clean hotel rooms? Mow our lawns. And all for 7 dollars an hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 11:14 AM
 
31,902 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Reputation: 8507
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You best check the law. Cato said in a case in Florida that entering was under the criminal statute, staying is civil. All the government can do is a fine and pay your way back to where you came from.

If anybody wants to stop illegals from crossing into the USA and getting a job, the Congress can and should change the law. Jail employers, jail illegals for being here.

But then who would process the cheap chicken and bacon we all want to buy on sale? Who would wash the dishes and prep all the food when we go out to eat? Who would roof our houses? Clean hotel rooms? Mow our lawns. And all for 7 dollars an hour.

I agree to fining and jailing the employers who hire them but they aren't all here for jobs either. There is no law in congress where employers are allowed to hire illegals so not sure what you mean. Employers are already being fined and jailed when it has been proven that they have "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Without e-verify in every work place it's hard to prove that they did it.


Again, there are unlimited visas for farm workers. Who do you think were doing all those other jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border? The reason that Americans lost those jobs were what you mentioned, illegal aliens work for less. How is that fair when they shouldn't even be in our country much less working here? All they do is make the rich, richer while Americans struggle to feed their own families. Surely you're not ok with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 11:22 AM
 
1,225 posts, read 365,525 times
Reputation: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
These kids that are DACAs wait it out till they are 21? They aren't citizens of this country so how can they sponsor their parents for legalization? Or did you mean that their U.S. born kids sponsor them? I'm confused how the DACAs fit into this scenario.
Im saying that recipients have US citizen brothers and sisters. Or perhaps they have a sibling who married and adjusted in country and petition for the parents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 12:00 PM
 
9,846 posts, read 7,698,555 times
Reputation: 6193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree to fining and jailing the employers who hire them but they aren't all here for jobs either. There is no law in congress where employers are allowed to hire illegals so not sure what you mean. Employers are already being fined and jailed when it has been proven that they have "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Without e-verify in every work place it's hard to prove that they did it.


Again, there are unlimited visas for farm workers. Who do you think were doing all those other jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border? The reason that Americans lost those jobs were what you mentioned, illegal aliens work for less. How is that fair when they shouldn't even be in our country much less working here? All they do is make the rich, richer while Americans struggle to feed their own families. Surely you're not ok with that?
Of course I am not ok with any illegal entry. I am very frustrated with the lack of anything coming from the Congress for the last 40 years. They have done nothing. Their lack of attention to this and obeying their donors has made the problem much worse.

I know that farm workers have special dispensation.

A senator from my state was once the state AG. While in that position he ruled that people could use their Matricula Consular cards for legal ID in Texas. That enabled illegals to open bank accounts, buy houses and all manner of transactions. The banks wanted a cut of the money being sent out of here every Friday evening.

If the congress is serious, they can fund the agencies who check out businesses. One very large restaurant chain was fined over a million dollars for transporting illegals from one town to another to avoid having them onsite for a pending inspection. Wonder how the manager knew when ICE was coming long enough ahead of time to charter a bus?

IMO, no matter what party is in control of Congress they do want to stop illegals from entering the USA. No matter what it cost states, counties, school districts and their taxpayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 12:56 PM
 
31,902 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Reputation: 8507
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Of course I am not ok with any illegal entry. I am very frustrated with the lack of anything coming from the Congress for the last 40 years. They have done nothing. Their lack of attention to this and obeying their donors has made the problem much worse.

I know that farm workers have special dispensation.

A senator from my state was once the state AG. While in that position he ruled that people could use their Matricula Consular cards for legal ID in Texas. That enabled illegals to open bank accounts, buy houses and all manner of transactions. The banks wanted a cut of the money being sent out of here every Friday evening.

If the congress is serious, they can fund the agencies who check out businesses. One very large restaurant chain was fined over a million dollars for transporting illegals from one town to another to avoid having them onsite for a pending inspection. Wonder how the manager knew when ICE was coming long enough ahead of time to charter a bus?

IMO, no matter what party is in control of Congress they do want to stop illegals from entering the USA. No matter what it cost states, counties, school districts and their taxpayers.

Agreed about congress but now we have a president who is trying to do something. We should all be happy about that.


These remarks by you below is what prompted my response as you made it appear that we wouldn't have American workers to do these jobs so I asked" who were doing them for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border"?


"But then who would process the cheap chicken and bacon we all want to buy on sale? Who would wash the dishes and prep all the food when we go out to eat? Who would roof our houses? Clean hotel rooms? Mow our lawns. And all for 7 dollars an hour".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,893 posts, read 12,280,039 times
Reputation: 2531
A more reasonable compromise for DACA is offering a pathway to citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 01:44 PM
 
9,153 posts, read 3,765,626 times
Reputation: 13483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
A more reasonable compromise for DACA is offering a pathway to citizenship.
there is a pathway, they choose not to follow it...

why make an exception for people who could have left then got in line like everyone else and choose not to?

all these Daca people... why do people keep treating them like they are children? By now, most if not all of them are 18+, they are adults... their decision to not get a proper visa is why they are unwanted.

if they left at 18, many of them would be done with the 10 year wait period by now... they could have gone to college and gotten jobs then come back to the US as skilled immigrants

Last edited by MLSFan; 04-07-2018 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top