U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-13-2018, 11:16 AM
 
11,538 posts, read 5,527,796 times
Reputation: 9888

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
No I dont, and this is relevant how? Nobody is being given a “fat check” as part of the DACA deal.



Really, that is what you equate this to? This is why this topic cannot be reasonably debated. When you treat immigration to the US as some kind of sacred privilege. Get over yourself. These kids have been living here and have assimilated into American life and culture. They are young and productive members of society...the US is better off by legitimizing them, by all objective measures. Quit being such a baby about this, like you came to the realization that you have to share your toys with others. My four year old is more mature than you.
You missed the point entirely. The point is that no one gets rewarded due to what their parents did or didn't do to or for us when we were growing up. People who grew up poor aren't given a fat check to compensate for that. Nor are the kids of parents who are criminals get to keep what their parents stole. Why should the DACAs be rewarded for what their parents did?

Yes, immigration to the US is a privilege. That's why we have immigration laws. Those who apply to come here legally don't always get in. Rewarding those who thumb their noses at our immigration laws is a slap in the face to those who obeyed the law and patiently awaited their turn to come here.

Not all DACAs are young and productive members of society.

BTW, your personal attacks are duly noted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2018, 11:28 AM
 
2,784 posts, read 2,573,607 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
There is no use in making an effort to presenting a thoughtful debate when logic and reason are thrown out the window. You aren’t presenting the full issue, just laser focus on any information that supports your dark and nativist viewpoint. That’s called confirmation bias.
So you consider our immigration laws "laser focus"?
So you consider $113 billion dollars a year "laser" focus"?
So you consider stealing American Citizens jobs "laser focus"?
So you consider identify theft and fraud "laser focus"?

Yeah, right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,893 posts, read 12,261,866 times
Reputation: 2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
So you consider our immigration laws "laser focus"?
So you consider $113 billion dollars a year "laser" focus"?
So you consider stealing American Citizens jobs "laser focus"?
So you consider identify theft and fraud "laser focus"?

Yeah, right.
Yes I do, because with every hot button issue there are pros and cons...you conveniently leave 50% of the facts out of your argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 01:49 PM
 
2,784 posts, read 2,573,607 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Yes I do, because with every hot button issue there are pros and cons...you conveniently leave 50% of the facts out of your argument.
1/2 truths you call facts, do not trump our federal immigration laws.

If an illegal alien is paying federal taxes, they are guilty of fraud and identity theft. Their net contribution in tax, PAILS in comparison to the welfare they use. Or can you explain how they cover the 113 billion dollars they cost America annually?

If they don't pay federal tax, then they are guilty of tax evasion.

Anyway you slice it they are criminals. It's not a matter of opinion, it a simple mater of fact.

Last edited by Colorado^; 04-13-2018 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,893 posts, read 12,261,866 times
Reputation: 2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
1/2 truths you call facts, do not trump our federal immigration laws.

If an illegal alien is paying federal taxes, they are guilty of fraud and identity theft. Their net contribution in tax, PAILS in comparison to the welfare they use. Or can you explain how they cover the 113 billion dollars they cost America annually?

If they don't pay federal tax, then they are guilty of tax evasion.

Anyway you slice it they are criminals. It's not a matter of opinion, it a simple mater of fact.
What welfare program are you referring to? Because every program I’m familiar with requires legal status as an eligibility requirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 02:57 PM
 
2,784 posts, read 2,573,607 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
What welfare program are you referring to? Because every program I’m familiar with requires legal status as an eligibility requirement.
Here's just one example:

Quote:
Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies.Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisanWashington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S.
https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...llect-welfare/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Ohio
18,053 posts, read 13,262,843 times
Reputation: 13868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
What could be more reasonable a compromise?
A more reasonable compromise would be to require them to apply for visas at the nearest US diplomatic mission in their birth country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2018, 02:54 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,893 posts, read 12,261,866 times
Reputation: 2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
A more reasonable compromise would be to require them to apply for visas at the nearest US diplomatic mission in their birth country.
And which visa specifically should they be applying for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2018, 08:43 AM
 
9,110 posts, read 3,718,308 times
Reputation: 13423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
And which visa specifically should they be applying for?
the one that doesnt get them deported
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2018, 11:34 AM
 
11,538 posts, read 5,527,796 times
Reputation: 9888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
And which visa specifically should they be applying for?
If DACAs want to attend college here, they need to get foreign student visas. Doing so means that they have to apply to go to college as a foreign student, which is what they are. There is a process to get this visa but DACAs lack a moral compass and instead they whine and make demands of us. The most galling demand is this---demanding in-state tuition at state colleges. DACAs have no business being in this country once they turn 18 1/2. Meanwhile Americans who live in other states have to pay full rate to go to an out-of-state state college. Also, foreign students who obey the law, have to pay those out-of-state rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top