U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 10:54 AM

1,225 posts, read 365,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nope, illegal aliens are not allowed to join our military. Only the DACAs under Obama's EO were they allowed to and there is only about 900 of them that did. Obama defied military standards for enlistment.
Oh so you donít count them as illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 10:55 AM

15,809 posts, read 9,762,375 times
Quote:
I personally wouldn't want anyone in our country illegally to serve in our military or to gain our citizenship.

There you go, someone finally admitted the truth ! That is the major difference between the left and the right. We see these people as humans, humans with families, hopes, dreams, and who simply were born in a bad situation. Your side sees them as scum, not human, and the enemy. You could care less about another human suffering, all you want is them gone. You got yours, the Hell with them.

Thank you for showing your true colors. We always knew this was how your side felt, now you have confirmed it.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:58 AM

31,886 posts, read 14,678,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Oh so you donít count them as illegals?

Of course the DACAs are illegal aliens where did I say otherwise? They only had a stay of deportation under Obama so it was against military standards to allow them to join the military.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Of course the DACAs are illegal aliens where did I say otherwise? They only had a stay of deportation under Obama so it was against military standards to allow them to join the military.
Right so it proves my point that there already are those who are illegal in the military and obtain citizenship

Old 04-07-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Our annual immigration already donít include people who adjust in country

Our annual quotas for new, legal entrants is around 1 million a year. Those are the ones I am speaking of. I oppose anyone being able to adjust their status in our country while being in our country illegally at any time. They need to go back home and start the legal process there.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Our annual quotas for new, legal entrants is around 1 million a year. Those are the ones I am speaking of. I oppose anyone being able to adjust their status in our country while being in our country illegally at any time. They need to go back home and start the legal process there.
You may oppose it, but itís unlikely that theyíll get rid of it. Itís uscisí current bread and butter

Old 04-07-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Right so it proves my point that there already are those who are illegal in the military and obtain citizenship

You're not getting the point. As I said, military standards do not allow illegal aliens to join our military. Obama decided to override that which he had no right to do.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:39 AM

192 posts, read 108,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There you go, someone finally admitted the truth ! That is the major difference between the left and the right. We see these people as humans, humans with families, hopes, dreams, and who simply were born in a bad situation. Your side sees them as scum, not human, and the enemy. You could care less about another human suffering, all you want is them gone. You got yours, the Hell with them.

Thank you for showing your true colors. We always knew this was how your side felt, now you have confirmed it.
Quite the contrary. All the immigrants who entered this country LEGALLY want exactly the same things that you described and are "humans" with all the same hopes, dreams and who were born in bad situation. We show more compassion and morals by doing things the RIGHT way to those who came here legally, not ILLEGALLY.

This false narrative that we want to get rid of Illegals as inhumane is just another garbage and ridiculous. It's those who want them here and speak out for them who don't have compassion and are inhumane to the Americans and legal residents since we are talking about USA not some foreign country where they belong.

It's HOW they got into this country and taking up resources that they have no right to that we want to get rid of. Had they chose to come here through legal channels, I doubt you will hear anyone saying to deport them.

As far as your proposal, ridiculous and I don't think so, no amnesty for anyone who enters illegally or for their offsprings period.

The only working solution is to build that wall, e-verify, deport as we catch them, take away misleading birthright citizenship, no government services and handouts of ANY kind, and get rid of due process for the Illegals. You are here illegally, can't show proof, deport. We must implement all these to make sure we get rid of them.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Quite the contrary. All the immigrants who entered this country LEGALLY want exactly the same things that you described and are "humans" with all the same hopes, dreams and who were born in bad situation. We show more compassion and morals by doing things the RIGHT way to those who came here legally, not ILLEGALLY.

This false narrative that we want to get rid of Illegals as inhumane is just another garbage and ridiculous. It's those who want them here and speak out for them who don't have compassion and are inhumane to the Americans and legal residents since we are talking about USA not some foreign country where they belong.

It's HOW they got into this country and taking up resources that they have no right to that we want to get rid of. Had they chose to come here through legal channels, I doubt you will hear anyone saying to deport them.

As far as your proposal, ridiculous and I don't think so, no amnesty for anyone who enters illegally or for their offsprings period.

The only working solution is to build that wall, e-verify, deport as we catch them, take away misleading birthright citizenship, no government services and handouts of ANY kind, and get rid of due process for the Illegals. You are here illegally, can't show proof, deport. We must implement all these to make sure we get rid of them.

I couldn't agree more with you. These pro-illegals have no compassion for our own citizens or respect for our immigration laws and yet we are the bad guys? Just how compassionate to our own people were these illegals by stealing our jobs, taxes and resources? They sneak in here and steal ID's from Americans which can put them in a world of hurt. It's also a felony. They live a life of lies day in and day out. Newsflash, Americans want a better a life also and need to support their families but illegal aliens take what doesn't belong to them from them so therefore they are unable to do it.

Like you, I have no problem with legal immigration in reasonable numbers for immigrants who will assimilate into our society and be benefit to our country not steal our jobs, taxes and resources and take from us rather than give.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:01 PM

11,574 posts, read 5,552,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

What you propose is nothing but a slap in the face to those who come here legally. Legal immigrants strongly dislike illegal immigration---and rightly so.

There are literally billions of people in this world who were "born in a bad situation". Do you want to allow all of them to just come here? If so, you do realize that by doing so it will drag us down to third world status.

We have many suffering American citizens. Charity starts at home. That means we take care of our own first and foremost. If there is anything left over, then help others.

You liberals want open borders. Yet I don't see you stepping up and offering to move several illegals into your home and supporting them. Would you like it if the house next door to you became a flophouse with 15-20 illegals living there? Talk is cheap. Put your money where your mouth is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or