U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2018, 08:15 AM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That's the problem so many of you have: inconsistency. You want X number of people to get tossed like yesterday's salad but it would be perfectly alright to draft them if there were a sizeable conflict that "needed" to be addressed. That's hypocritical bsh and you know it.

You're wrong about me. I don't want illegal aliens serving in our military ever. I can't help what the military rules are for drafting them into the military in times of war. I didn't make the rules so no, I'm not a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2018, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Minnysoda
8,053 posts, read 8,119,616 times
Reputation: 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, of course. These "illegals" are sub human in the eyes of the right. They are not living, breathing humans, they are simply an inconvenience and a pain in the butt.

Just wait until the price of food goes through the roof or the shelves are empty at the grocery stores because fruit and vegetables are rotting in the fields. Even then, Trumpees will blame it on someone else.
SO are you supporting the quasi-slave state California Farmers keep illegal workers in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2018, 09:25 AM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518
It's not true that conservatives view illegal aliens as sub-human! We merely object to their presence here because for one it's against our laws and they cost us over $100 billion a year. Yeah, but no big deal, right? Again, law abiding Americans are painted as the bad guys.


The growers pass little to nothing on to the consumer in the way of lower prices using illegal alien labor. In fact only 2-4% of illegals are picking crops anyway. The rest are here on the unlimited H-2A visas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2018, 10:04 AM
 
2,432 posts, read 799,757 times
Reputation: 3148
The folks who keep saying we need the illegals to do work others won't remind me of the slaveholders before the Civil War who insisted slaves were necessary too.

Farms can bring as many legal temporary workers as are needed. Those workers do not bring their families with them and they go home at the end of the contract. The farms get the labor they need and at their own expense without burdening society as a whole with all of the social costs of supporting the families of the illegals working on farms.

I have a Chinese sister-in-law, a college graduate in China and daughter of university professors, who as my brother's wife waited two years to be able to enter the country legally. There was never a risk she'd be a burden to society and yet it took 2 years to come in legally. Tell me again why it is OK for illiterate unskilled impoverished Central Americans to just walk across the border and be afforded free healthcare, earned income credits (if they steal someone's social security number and file a tax return), and other benefits of legal residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2018, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Minnysoda
8,053 posts, read 8,119,616 times
Reputation: 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
The folks who keep saying we need the illegals to do work others won't remind me of the slaveholders before the Civil War who insisted slaves were necessary too.

Farms can bring as many legal temporary workers as are needed. Those workers do not bring their families with them and they go home at the end of the contract. The farms get the labor they need and at their own expense without burdening society as a whole with all of the social costs of supporting the families of the illegals working on farms.

I have a Chinese sister-in-law, a college graduate in China and daughter of university professors, who as my brother's wife waited two years to be able to enter the country legally. There was never a risk she'd be a burden to society and yet it took 2 years to come in legally. Tell me again why it is OK for illiterate unskilled impoverished Central Americans to just walk across the border and be afforded free healthcare, earned income credits (if they steal someone's social security number and file a tax return), and other benefits of legal residents.
Happens all the time. I worked at a tomato cannery in Santa Clara as equipment maintenance and this is what they did. Brought workers in for the season and they went home when it was done. Lots of women sorting tomatoes...........Not only Hispanic workers but they imported a bunch of machine operators from Missouri.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2018, 12:14 PM
 
5,638 posts, read 2,466,462 times
Reputation: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, of course. These "illegals" are sub human in the eyes of the right. They are not living, breathing humans, they are simply an inconvenience and a pain in the butt.

Just wait until the price of food goes through the roof or the shelves are empty at the grocery stores because fruit and vegetables are rotting in the fields. Even then, Trumpees will blame it on someone else.
^This is somebody who gets it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2018, 12:34 PM
 
1,144 posts, read 398,489 times
Reputation: 1195
As a legal immigrant (who has always been in the US legally with a work permit, always bought her own medical insurance, always paid her taxes in full, always fully supported herself by legal employment), who earned her US citizenship the hard way, and never took anything from anyone, I have the following ideas:


1. The US criminal system is incredibly overloaded and inefficient. I read somewhere that it costs the taxpayers $100,000 a year to support one incarcerated felon (btw, I am not a felon, but my cost of living is about half of that). Why not export the criminals to countries willing to take them? Why not strip serious felons of their US citizenship, and pay any country willing to take them $100,000 apiece? It would be a far more efficient use of taxpayers money, I am sure some small developing countries would be interested in the deal, and am sure they would know what to do with the felons (including shooting them on arrival to the airport, but that is no longer the US concern, as the guys are no longer US citizens).


2. Serious offenders (murderers, rapists) AND law-breaking illegal aliens would have a priority of being treated under the rule described in #1. That would somewhat discourage illegal immigration.


3. If a non-US citizen seeks medical treatment or welfare services in the US, send the quadruple bill for these services to their country of origin. If the said non-US citizen is in the US without US immigration papers, offer them an opportunity to go back to their country of origin (or other country of choice) without legal charges and per their own arrangements, or enroll them into the program described in the rule #1.


4. Implement all the measures proposed by the OP in the first mail, with the provision that the immigrants seeking US citizenship under these measures can import at total of 2 (two) children per one adult couple, and anybody seeking US citizenship under these measures is also obliged to obtain tubal ligation or vasectomy.


Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2018, 12:51 PM
 
1,144 posts, read 398,489 times
Reputation: 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
The folks who keep saying we need the illegals to do work others won't remind me of the slaveholders before the Civil War who insisted slaves were necessary too.

Farms can bring as many legal temporary workers as are needed. Those workers do not bring their families with them and they go home at the end of the contract. The farms get the labor they need and at their own expense without burdening society as a whole with all of the social costs of supporting the families of the illegals working on farms.

I have a Chinese sister-in-law, a college graduate in China and daughter of university professors, who as my brother's wife waited two years to be able to enter the country legally. There was never a risk she'd be a burden to society and yet it took 2 years to come in legally. Tell me again why it is OK for illiterate unskilled impoverished Central Americans to just walk across the border and be afforded free healthcare, earned income credits (if they steal someone's social security number and file a tax return), and other benefits of legal residents.
Your sister-in-law's legal immigration story is very mild. I came to the US for postgraduate training, stayed on various professional visa provisions, and from the moment I came here as a student to the moment I become a US citizen, my legal pathway took 29 (twenty nine) years. Granted, I was allowed to be in the US all that time, but my only US rights were the right to work and pay taxes (certainly no right to any subsidies such as housing/healthcare/food, not even the right to accumulate social security credits for work during my first 12 years in the US).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2018, 01:15 PM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
As a legal immigrant (who has always been in the US legally with a work permit, always bought her own medical insurance, always paid her taxes in full, always fully supported herself by legal employment), who earned her US citizenship the hard way, and never took anything from anyone, I have the following ideas:


1. The US criminal system is incredibly overloaded and inefficient. I read somewhere that it costs the taxpayers $100,000 a year to support one incarcerated felon (btw, I am not a felon, but my cost of living is about half of that). Why not export the criminals to countries willing to take them? Why not strip serious felons of their US citizenship, and pay any country willing to take them $100,000 apiece? It would be a far more efficient use of taxpayers money, I am sure some small developing countries would be interested in the deal, and am sure they would know what to do with the felons (including shooting them on arrival to the airport, but that is no longer the US concern, as the guys are no longer US citizens).


2. Serious offenders (murderers, rapists) AND law-breaking illegal aliens would have a priority of being treated under the rule described in #1. That would somewhat discourage illegal immigration.


3. If a non-US citizen seeks medical treatment or welfare services in the US, send the quadruple bill for these services to their country of origin. If the said non-US citizen is in the US without US immigration papers, offer them an opportunity to go back to their country of origin (or other country of choice) without legal charges and per their own arrangements, or enroll them into the program described in the rule #1.


4. Implement all the measures proposed by the OP in the first mail, with the provision that the immigrants seeking US citizenship under these measures can import at total of 2 (two) children per one adult couple, and anybody seeking US citizenship under these measures is also obliged to obtain tubal ligation or vasectomy.


Comments?

We're not speaking of immigrants though the topic is illegal aliens. IMO, they should have to go back to their homelands and apply to come back legally while they wait their turn in line. Applying for citizenship happens after they are accepted to come back.


I'm on the fence as to how many they should be able to sponsor after attaining citizenship except it should be only immediate family members though and I disagree that they should be forced to be sterilized. We should set limits on the number of dependents that a citizen household can claim to gain welfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2018, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,656 posts, read 1,370,107 times
Reputation: 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If there was no support for the wall Trump wouldn't have been elected. There is still much support for the wall.
60 million US citizens voted for Trump and his promise of building a wall. So when liberals say 'no' support they are only spouting talking points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top