U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 02:20 PM

31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No one has a problem with anyone wanting a better life. There are LEGAL ways to immigrate to the U.S., if that's what one wishes. That's what should be done. Anyone who deliberately violates federal law for their own selfish reasons deserves to be called a criminal. Just like bank robbers (also a violation of federal law) are called criminals. Bank robbers don't get to keep the stolen money. Illegal aliens don't get to keep the stolen residency in the U.S. That's fair for all.

What these people don't seem to understand is that we have annual quotas for legal immigration based on our ability to provide jobs and resources to immigrants without it negatively impacting our own citizens. They seem to think we should be the flophouse and employment agency to whole world's poor and needy's desire to come here. That would be committing national suicide. Our own citizen's needs and rights should come first. We already send billions back to countries who have high rates of poverty. Importing more poverty into our country would kill the goose that laid the golden egg, so to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 02:40 PM

5,589 posts, read 2,427,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is not just "limousine lefties" who employ illegals. I live in a development in a city in a state that are all red. Every one of my rightie neighbors has an illegal landscaper, housekeeper and often a poolman. Every builder subs to crews of illegals. Get anything done to your house and its all illegal workers who do the actual labor. The ag fields are plowed, planted and harvested by illegal labor. I think if illegals were taken out of the sun belt it would be too costly to be the magnet it now is for retirees who rail about illegals at the same time as handing them the cash.

I might add that we have e-verify laws in Arizona. But independent workers and contractors who hire and pay under the table don't get caught up in them. They have been quite effective in the restaurant business though FWIW.
I wouldn't be surprised if you got added to a number of users' Ignore lists because they're too busy discussing how "blue state California" is responsible for this "mess."

Old 04-09-2018, 03:14 PM

11,473 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
I am not really so much against the illegals who come here to work and pretty much have good values and behavior as I am against their children both citizen and non-citizen, half of whom never finish high school and end up thugs and drunks and criminals.
Per the bolded --- The terms law-abiding illegal alien and honest illegal alien are oxymorons. If illegals had "good values", then they never would have broken our immigration laws. In other words, if they wanted to come here, they would apply to come here legally. If their applications to come here got rejected, they would accept that instead of thumbing their noses at our immigration laws.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:16 PM

15,385 posts, read 8,679,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
You should be hating all the republican business owners who hire them. These people just want a better life. You take out he jobs and they won’t come.
I'm pretty sure it's not all republicans hiring illegals.

And yes, I hate all business owners who knowingly hire illegals. And I'm a republican.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:47 PM

31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you got added to a number of users' Ignore lists because they're too busy discussing how "blue state California" is responsible for this "mess."

They certainly are aiding and abetting illegal aliens there is no denying it. No one is saying that California is responsible for this total mess. There certainly is enough blame to go around.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:25 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
Quote:
It is not just "limousine lefties" who employ illegals. I live in a development in a city in a state that are all red. Every one of my rightie neighbors has an illegal landscaper, housekeeper and often a poolman. Every builder subs to crews of illegals. Get anything done to your house and its all illegal workers who do the actual labor. The ag fields are plowed, planted and harvested by illegal labor. I think if illegals were taken out of the sun belt it would be too costly to be the magnet it now is for retirees who rail about illegals at the same time as handing them the cash.

I might add that we have e-verify laws in Arizona. But independent workers and contractors who hire and pay under the table don't get caught up in them. They have been quite effective in the restaurant business though FWIW.
You are right you don’t have to be a limousine lefty to be an exploiter of illegal immigrant labor
Plenty of blame to share all around

Old 04-09-2018, 08:30 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,091,937 times
Jobs are one of the reason they come .... they also come to have babies that are American citizens and thus qualify for benefits. They come to get medical care (for free.)

Old 04-09-2018, 08:56 PM

2,321 posts, read 1,055,312 times
I think that Trump and his cronies are sponging off the Taxpayers dime (his sons $73,000 trip to Saudi wedding- funded by your tax dollars, Ivanka's exemptions to keep producing her stuff in China without tariffs, his tax evasion!) well more than a few hundred "illegals" who are at least hard working and PAYING into our tax economy!

Old 04-09-2018, 08:58 PM

2,321 posts, read 1,055,312 times
The double standard is pretty revolting actually-- white american idiots ok to sponge off my taxes but working immigrants - NOT (and lets not forget our president comes from an illegal immigrant-- and he can afford reparations to the taxpayers...)

Old 04-09-2018, 09:02 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,234,893 times
Lets face it, illegals for the most part come to have citizen babies, so they can get free money and benefits, take either part away and most would stop coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or