Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 09:23 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
You should be hating all the republican business owners who hire them. These people just want a better life. You take out he jobs and they won’t come.
They're invaders and thieves and mooches.....reason enough.

They steal, they lie, they cheat, they take up space, they balkanize our culture, they attack our citizens, literally in every measure they diminish the standards of living for American citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 09:56 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
The double standard is pretty revolting actually-- white american idiots ok to sponge off my taxes but working immigrants - NOT (and lets not forget our president comes from an illegal immigrant-- and he can afford reparations to the taxpayers...)
We're talking about illegal aliens here. It's not alright for illegals "to sponge off" the taxpayers. In fact, illegals have no business being here. Period. Before you say that illegals aren't eligible to collect welfare---if they birth an anchor baby, said baby is eligible for all sorts of welfare programs. In fact, the whole family is eligible for Section 8 housing.

"White american[sic] idiots"? Put away your race card. It doesn't work anymore. I don't know anyone (no matter what their race, religion or ethnicity is) who thinks it's okay for lazy Americans to work the system.

Explain how you got the idea that "our president comes from an illegal immigrant".

Old 04-09-2018, 11:13 PM

589 posts, read 300,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
They're invaders and thieves and mooches.....reason enough.

They steal, they lie, they cheat, they take up space, they balkanize our culture, they attack our citizens, literally in every measure they diminish the standards of living for American citizens.
^^^^^
This right here.

Not do I just hate the Illegal Aliens but I hate the sympathizers and supporters just as much. The REAL question is, why is this even a question at all? Why WOULDN'T you hate Illegals? We Americans, absolutely get no benefits for having them here, while, the Illegal Aliens steal, cheat, mooch, lie, and lower our standard of living and get all the benefits. Get rid of them, like yesterday.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:51 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
You should be hating all the republican business owners who hire them. These people just want a better life. You take out he jobs and they won’t come.
Just the republican business owners? No democrat business owners? No democrats trolling home depot ? Only republicans?
I agree remove the bait.
I also believe seize the assets of the illegals.
I also believe make E-verify the law of the land for all employers, landlords, federal agencies that do social services.

Old 04-10-2018, 04:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Bam! Spot on! And you may be sure that many agree with you on this, though many won't speak up. President Trump spoke up as Candidate Trump. He was ridiculed and called a "racist." Ann Coulter speaks up and also wrote a book about it ("Adios America"). She is hated for it. Others speak up, and are called "xenophobic."

America has always welcomed immigrants. But we have the right as a sovereign nation to prefer only those immigrants who have something to offer ...who can add to the American economy, and are willing to become Americans, not just transfer their former culture here to our soil, isolating themselves from American culture, and becoming a culture within a culture, as many are doing. Those people don't come here to become Americans. They don't come here to contribute. They come to plunder, to sell drugs, and engage in other illegal activities. Others sell their labor cheap, undercutting their American competitors, dominating certain businesses and making it difficult if not impossible for Americans to stay in business (drywall, painting, roofing - I know ...I have worked in construction), and much of their earnings are sent back to their families at home, taking those dollars out of the U.S. economy.

People here illegally do nothing good for America. That is a myth promoted by the Democrat Party, which supports them. it's time to change that. That is why I supported Donald Trump, and continue to support him.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:18 AM

1,110 posts, read 896,439 times
Quote:
My ancestors wanted a better life as well, so I can sympathize. However, they entered the country legally. What is really broken is our immigration system. We should institute something like Canada has, which describes the skill sets needed. e do need their labor in many cases, immigration and potential "guest workers" are just not well regulated.

Also, the Citizenship Clause to 14th Amendment to the Constitution needs to be repealed or stricken from the amendment, the original need no longer applies. Plus, it perpetuates a way to circumvent the system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor_baby

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizenship_Clause

Old 04-10-2018, 05:54 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
Also, the Citizenship Clause to 14th Amendment to the Constitution needs to be repealed or stricken from the amendment, the original need no longer applies.
Actually, it doesn't. It just needs to be applied as written and intended. How do we know for a fact what that was? I could go into a lot more detail on this, but for the sake of brevity, this is all you really need to know:

Look at CURRENT US Nationality Law. I'm specifically referring to subsections (a) and (b) in the following linked CURRENT Federal Law. If "everyone" born in the US were actually automatically US citizens via the 14th Amendment, subsection (b) would be redundant and would be neither included nor necessary:

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

(a) a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;

(b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe: Provided, That the granting of citizenship under this subsection shall not in any manner impair or otherwise affect the right of such person to tribal or other property

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1401

You need to understand WHY that specific legal exception had to be made for US-born Indians (Native Americans), Eskimos, Aleutians, and other US aboriginals to understand WHY not all those born in the US are automatically US Citizens.

(Hint: It's because they are born subject to a foreign sovereign entity. So are illegal aliens' children, but no legal exception has ever been made for them as was made for US-born aboriginals in the Indian Citizenship Act of 1924 - LONG after the ratification of the 14th Amendment.)

"Anchor babies" are political policy citizens only, not actual legal citizens.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:34 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Every tax paying American has $113 BILLION reasons each and every year to hate Illegal Aliens.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:18 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
^^^^^
This right here.

Not do I just hate the Illegal Aliens but I hate the sympathizers and supporters just as much. The REAL question is, why is this even a question at all? Why WOULDN'T you hate Illegals? We Americans, absolutely get no benefits for having them here, while, the Illegal Aliens steal, cheat, mooch, lie, and lower our standard of living and get all the benefits. Get rid of them, like yesterday.
I think I hate the sympathizers and supporters even more. I can understand why the illegals do what they do, but I cannot fathom why some people in this country support it.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:29 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
The double standard is pretty revolting actually-- white american idiots ok to sponge off my taxes but working immigrants - NOT (and lets not forget our president comes from an illegal immigrant-- and he can afford reparations to the taxpayers...)

In reply to your prior post you are deflecting and getting off topic attacking Trump. He's not the product of illegal alien parents either.

White American idiots? Wow! Actually, white Americans aren't the group receiving the largest amount of welfare benefits percentage wise to their population numbers but that's off topic to. I don't mind helping our own truly needy citizens regardless of their race.

Illegal aliens send billions out of our country not spent in our economy and they cost us over $100 billion a year above the taxes they may pay into our system. They commit felony ID theft or evade income taxes by working here illegally. They overcrowd our schools, jails, hospitals, neighborhoods and roads and steal jobs from Americans and reduce their wages. I don't see how anyone can be ok with all of this. I guess our own citizens and the rule of law means nothing to some people. It truly makes me sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration