U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 10:09 PM

6,150 posts, read 3,280,701 times

Advertisements

If you believe in personal liberty it’s hard to square that with restricting freedom of movement. Why is it illegal to begin with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 10:13 PM

15,533 posts, read 29,257,812 times
I don't.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:52 AM

822 posts, read 276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
If you believe in personal liberty it’s hard to square that with restricting freedom of movement. Why is it illegal to begin with?
This makes no common sense.
No one, anywhere, has total, unfettered 'liberty'.. and 'rights' can and DO often collide.

The freedom to go anywhere you choose, say, like my HOUSE, does not exist.
In many ways, one's own country is the 'house' of it's citizens, who control who comes and who goes... like it or not.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:25 PM

1,018 posts, read 387,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
I cannot, nor do I wish to, hate someone that I do not know.

But I am offended mightily by cheats and sneaks that cut the line and disrespect our laws and our customs.

And I have nothing but contempt for Democrats who tolerate them to increase their voting base and Republicans who tolerate employers who hire them to increase their profits.

A POX ON BOTH THEIR HOUSES!
Exactly!

When are both parties going to take care of the lifelong, law abiding, legal citizens raised by the laws of ethics in the U.S.A..

Old 04-17-2018, 02:11 PM

3,815 posts, read 1,470,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
You should be hating all the republican business owners who hire them. These people just want a better life. You take out he jobs and they won’t come.
For conservatives its poor people bad rich people good. There is no middle ground if a wealthy person does something they are given the benefit of the doubt.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:36 PM

11,515 posts, read 5,521,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
For conservatives its poor people bad rich people good. There is no middle ground if a wealthy person does something they are given the benefit of the doubt.
Not so at all^^^^

Not all illegal aliens are poor people. I feel the same about all illegals---no matter how much money they have, no matter how much education, no matter what race, religion or ethnicity and no matter how they got here (overstaying a visa or sneaking across the border)---they all have one thing in common and that is this: They have no business being here and need to leave. Period.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:33 PM

32,817 posts, read 30,068,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Poor Americans are being forced to compete directly with those that aren't supposed to be here. We cannot have a social service safety net that acts like a bird feeder attracting people.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:38 PM
miu

16,471 posts, read 33,443,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
You should be hating all the republican business owners who hire them. These people just want a better life. You take out he jobs and they won’t come.
No. And why are you putting the blame on Republicans? Do you think that all restaurants are owned by Republicans? The Dems hire the illegals also. AIn fact, I would think that more Dems hire illegals because they feel sorry for them and want them to be able to stay in the US.

And even without jobs, they will still sneak into our country and live with any family or friend that is already here.

Why do I hate them? They are parasites that don't belong here. And they do cost us when they use our ER's for healthcare and can't pay the bills. And for some insane reason, their children get free (to them) public education for their numerous children (they seem to all be catholics who refuse to use birth control).

Illegals have to go back home to fix their own d*mn countries.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:03 PM

1,672 posts, read 694,004 times
I don't hate illegials. That's a really strong statement for this thread.

My sister-in-law became a Citizen of the United States in a long expensive process. Talking to her about foreigners that get this 'free ride' without going through the normal channels and do their citizenship lawfully. . . She is so upset and mad. She is for legal immigration and not this skirt in, hide, back door way of getting in. Talk to anyone that has come into the US lawfully. You do it right or you don't belong here. We're a country of laws.

And every country has their own illegal alien laws. Restriction. Mexico has extremely strict ones. I don't know why everyone is jumping on this like we 'hate' illegials. I don't know them. All I know is they broke the law coming into the US illegally and that says it all.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:13 PM
miu

16,471 posts, read 33,443,403 times
Well... "hate" is a strong word, a strong emotion. I would say that I do hate illegals in general, and how much they cost the US taxpayer. And I do hate the liberals who want these illegals and their American born children to stay living in our country.

But individually, I don't hate each illegal alien, but I do hate the way they have taken advantage of our porous borders and take advantage of any legal loophole to stay and get freebies they don't deserve. But on a one-to-one basis, I don't hate illegals, but they do need to be deported, along with their anchor/DACA children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or