Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 10:35 AM

766 posts, read 1,254,230 times

Advertisements

You should be hating all the republican business owners who hire them. These people just want a better life. You take out he jobs and they won’t come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 12:26 PM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
You should be hating all the republican business owners who hire them. These people just want a better life. You take out he jobs and they won’t come.

It's not only Republican business owners that hire them the Democrat owners do also. No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. Jobs are only one of the incentives that bring them here. Birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits do also. The solution has to be e-verify, ending the two things above and a wall that will help deter them at the border in the first place. It has to be a total package.

This issue has nothing to do with hate and I for one am sick of hearing it. It's about our laws and the damage that illegal immigration does to our own citizens.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:25 PM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Better life...do like we did in America 220 years ago...fight for it, but moving to the US is the coward's way out.

Wow...so democratic leaning businesses like Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon doesn't hire illegals? You do know that some of largest employers in the US are liberal leaning don't you? Most, if not all, of the high tech businesses in California Silicon Valley heavily support democratic causes? Even the state of California just hired an illegal alien to head the commission to increase college access for minority communities and illegal residents.

Agree... removing access to jobs by implementing e-verify would stop illegal aliens from coming.
At least you got the last part correct.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:15 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Better life...do like we did in America 220 years ago...fight for it, but moving to the US is the coward's way out.
"The coward's way out"? Is that anything like a white guy gifting a smallpox-laden quilt to a tribe of Native Americans?

"Fight for it," huh? Nice try. The people who came here centuries ago weren't looking for a better life so much as they were running away from England.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
All the limousine lefties have illegal gardener and housekeeper here
Time to go home friend he is not your president
It’s time for the lazy son and daughter of that limousine lefty to push that lawnmower and wash those dishes
Ps. I Speak fluent Spanish and went to school in Mexico
If I go back to Mexico City and try to argue with them about my right to work and live in Mexico -
You know what happens next

Old 04-08-2018, 02:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
All the limousine lefties have illegal gardener and housekeeper here
Time to go home friend he is not your president
It’s time for the lazy son and daughter of that limousine lefty to push that lawnmower and wash those dishes
Ps. I Speak fluent Spanish and went to school in Mexico
If I go back to Mexico City and try to argue with them about my right to work and live in Mexico -
You know what happens next
Stop talking sense.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:47 PM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Who hates illegal aliens ? I don't like that they are allowed to sneak into America and are protected by the Democrats and given benefits.
It is a real slap in the face to anyone that followed the rules and immigrated legally.

What bothers me the most are those that defend these trespassers. They think we should have open borders for anyone to come and go but I wonder if the people that believe this lock their doors at night?
How would they feel if they woke up one morning to find a guy sitting on their couch? Would they call the Police to have that person removed or would they make him breakfast and let him stay in the house?
Isn't it the same thing when illegal aliens are allowed to stay in our home that is America?

Who doesn't feel for these people that are trying to escape a war, a natural calamity, drug cartels, economic problems and move to a better place but we have rules and laws for a reason and that is to protect the people that are already here.

There will come a time in this country when the overall quality of life will be reduced because of illegal aliens that carry with them the very problems that they are fleeing from. When we experience such a crash they can go back home but where are we to go?

Old 04-08-2018, 03:02 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
I like Mexicans -- in Mexico -- and if they are here LEGALLY like my Mexican in-laws. They don't like illegals either because they fear illegals will turn the United States into another Mexico -- the reason they left in the first place.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:36 AM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I like Mexicans -- in Mexico -- and if they are here LEGALLY like my Mexican in-laws. They don't like illegals either because they fear illegals will turn the United States into another Mexico -- the reason they left in the first place.

If someone immigrated legally no problem but illegally that is a problem we should all be concerned about.

I used to work in an area that had a large amount of Brazilians, most were legally in the country but some were not. I knew one guy that came to America, worked hard, had his own business, bought a house, became a US citizen and he was constantly being outbid by his fellow Brazilians to the point he lost his house, business and moved back to Brazil. The illegal aliens that had hardly any overhead cost him his love for America.
In that same community my wife and I had a rental house that we rented to Brazilians without much issues until one of them talked us into letting his "cousin" rent out the basement apartment. It turned out this guy was illegal and he was short on rent, damaged the place and disappeared without paying up. The last we heard he was in jail in Florida caught up trying to smuggle people into the country.

There are of course illegal aliens that keep their heads down and work hard to make a better life for themselves but the ones we hear about on the news in the Boston area are the gang banging drug dealing plague on society losers. I say ship them out. We don't need them. They give a bad name to their legal countrymen.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:44 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Why should someone profit off of an illegal act? Many who come here legally have to wait and they don't cost the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration