Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 04:52 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
You should be hating all the republican business owners who hire them. These people just want a better life. You take out he jobs and they won’t come.
So you're saying democrats don't own businesses that hire illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 06:10 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
So you're saying democrats don't own businesses that hire illegals?
Facts are pesky things.
Estimated illegal immigrant population, by state, 2014 | Pew Research Center
Blue states seem to have the most illegals. The exceptions being Texas a border state and Florida.
Those blue states must have a lot of Republicans that don't vote.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:03 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
In the early 00's it was brutal finding a SW engineering job in the U.S. I finished my CS course work in December of 2000. I spent January of 2001 reviewing everything I learned in college about computers, and by February I was ready to work.

I looked EVERYWHERE I could think of within reason for work, and could not find any employment. I responded to ads online and in the L.A. Times, and received no response. I beat my feet building to building, cold calling on potential employers, to no avail. Employers at job fairs only wanted senior level programmers, with the exception of the aerospace industry. However, at aerospace job fairs where they'd at least take my resume, it went into a 4-5" stack and there were only 5-10 job openings for programmers.

It was a virtual nightmare -- people were coming out of college furious that they'd spent years of their life studying CS only to find their career aspirations had been torpedoed by globalization. In early 2005 I finally gave up and tried entering real estate to my chagrin.

And to this day, I'm still angry about having been cheated out of a career by the lying corporations who falsify information so they can hire H-1B's and who hire visa overstayers. And the U.S. government entities who allowed it all to happen and who simply did not care how emotionally devastated were legal citizens such as myself.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:02 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
The double standard is pretty revolting actually-- white american idiots ok to sponge off my taxes but working immigrants - NOT (and lets not forget our president comes from an illegal immigrant-- and he can afford reparations to the taxpayers...)
What in the world are you talking about?

Old 05-02-2018, 06:29 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
This is why I hate illegals

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/us/ac...r-arraignment/

I can give you their address in New Jersey

Old 05-02-2018, 06:38 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post

They look like a group of misunderstood kids...true dreamers there.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:16 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post

They are all just poor misunderstood dreamers that we should be ashamed of ourselves for hating, after all, they are only doing the job they set out to do, being a drug salesperson, spreading their much needed pharmaceuticals to those helpless souls who need them so badly and cannot get them because of our stupid laws, and lowering the population of those who dare to not understand them or who are against their work ethic. Heck, they are only doing what they were taught to do back home, what is wrong with us for not being accepting of their culture, we should be more like the liberals who accept that they are just being all that they can be.

Old 05-04-2018, 04:58 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You think all those California farmers are republicans????
California farmers use about 6% migrant workers for their crops. Farmers are shrinking in direct proportion to their land size. Many are using automation and legal workers. You do know there is an unlimited supply of agriculture visas if someone from south of the border wants to work in California?

This argument is very very old, along with racist-calling, tearing families apart, "they do the work Americans won't do," ad nauseam. I wonder what the new branding will be to replace these old saws. Anyone?

Simply put, the US already has immigration laws on the books. Mean old Trump did not author the laws, so let's stop blaming him. (I do not like the man but am glad he is trying to rein in the US before it looks like a Third World Country.) I and many others in so-called liberal California who are former life long Democrats are sick and tired of illegals gaming the system and our politicians treating them better than they treat us. At the current rate -- if more than 28% of the registered voters come out to vote in November -- I hope we show our disdain and vote the current government out.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:51 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
This issue has been festering for decades! You can thank your do-nothing Congress and misguided SJWs throughout the fruited plain for this mess. At least Trump is trying to course correct.
I remember the amnesty of the 80s because I lived in Los Angeles at the time and the line of people went around the federal building for 4-5 blocks. Reagan said it was the worst mistake of his presidency, making a deal with "Congress" for border security in exchange for letting those people who were already here stay. Look at where that got him. It's a corrupt system. And I support Trump in any effort he is making to try square this issue. Stop blaming it on one side or the other. This is a systemic problem.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:00 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
"they do the work Americans won't do," ad nauseam. I wonder what the new branding will be to replace these old saws. Anyone?

Say what you want but if it were not for Illegals, where I live (Branson) the labor shortage is so critical that 90% of the restaurants, and many other businesses would close. Not to mention that Tyson's food would cease to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration