Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 10:37 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Do you want the First Lady deported? She came illegally.

And Trump wants to dramatically slash LEGAL immigration. He is clearly anti-immigrant and nativist.

She probably married him just for her legal status... and money!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 10:41 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Then the American taxpayer must be a bunch of criminals also. Because that's all they want as well. And taking money away from them, to fund the leaches that break into this country and steal our tax dollars, is wrong.

Nobody is denying that they are people. But you are denying that they are criminals.

So is a person who drives 80 in a 65 mph freeway. I just see them as trying to make their lives better.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:57 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,148 times
Quote:
LOL! You have no clue about illegal immigration.

The majority of illegals do exactly what Melania did. They come on visas, then work illegally. Her story is typical (right up to the part where she met Trump).

How do you think an illegal comes to the U.S.? They aren't walking from China or Russia. They fly in, and you cannot fly in without visa.

If you're illegal, and didn't walk here through the desert from Mexico, you almost certainly have the same story as Melania. You cannot enter the U.S. without a visa of some sort.

I know probably 50 illegals, BTW, and every one I know came with a legal visa, then worked illegally, just like Melania. It is easy to get a tourist visa from abroad, it is almost impossible to get a work visa from abroad.

I know illegals from Russia, Ukraine, Albania, Turkey, Germany, Morocco and Algeria. In fact I have employed a few. Kinda hard to walk into the U.S. from these places. My handyman/gardner is illegal, and I don't care, as he does good work. He's reliable, honest and precise. I also pay him a good wage.
Good for you and good for them, they did not come in illegally like most from SA do and if they changed their status to legal, anyway they did it, then it is a lot different than those who are still here ILLEGALLY.

My opinion is deport them all and the sooner the better and if she was here illegally (without a visa), then she needed to be deported as well.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
She probably married him just for her legal status... and money!! LOL
I already proved that wrong in post #176

Old 05-17-2018, 11:03 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Good for you and good for them, they did not come in illegally like most from SA do and if they changed their status to legal, anyway they did it, then it is a lot different than those who are still here ILLEGALLY.
Wait, so your problem with illegals is that they didn't change their status to legal, like Melania did?

So you support illegals receiving legal status, correct?
Quote:
My opinion is deport them all and the sooner the better and if she was here illegally (without a visa), then she needed to be deported as well.
OK, at least you're consistent, I'll give you that. I think you're the first Trump supporter who admitted that Melania should probably be deported.

I don't think she should be deported, but I can't stand the hypocrisy of being anti-illegal and pro-Trump, when Trump is married to a former illegal and has employed thousand of illegals.

Trump is pretty much the last person on earth to have any legitimacy re. immigration status. The dude hired an army of illegals to build Trump Tower, and was repeatedly fined by NY State.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Wait, so your problem with illegals is that they didn't change their status to legal, like Melania did?

So you support illegals receiving legal status, correct?

OK, at least you're consistent, I'll give you that. I think you're the first Trump supporter who admitted that Melania should probably be deported.

I don't think she should be deported, but I can't stand the hypocrisy of being anti-illegal and pro-Trump, when Trump is married to a former illegal and has employed thousand of illegals.

Trump is pretty much the last person on earth to have any legitimacy re. immigration status. The dude hired an army of illegals to build Trump Tower, and was repeatedly fined by NY State.
No I do not support ILLEGALS receiving LEGAL status unless they do so the LEGAL way on their own, not with a wave of the wand of some politician.

You keep repeating your lie, she was not illegal, she came in legally, there is a big difference and besides that she became totally legal via the proper channels, not so with most illegal aliens or they would not be ILLEGAL ALIENS.

My wife came in LEGALLY, she had to fill out all the forms and pay the fees and wait a period of time to come in to be legal, it is an insult to her and the many others who came in LEGALLY when others do it ILLEGALLY or even overstay their visas.

I think all illegal aliens need to go home and come back in legally, that would be the proper way for things to be handled, not allowing them to jump the line that others have to wait to do it LEGALLY.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
You keep repeating your lie, she was not illegal, she came in legally, there is a big difference and besides that she became totally legal via the proper channels, not so with most illegal aliens or they would not be ILLEGAL ALIENS.
No, you are lying. Melania came in ILLEGALLY. She was an illegal immigrant. There is zero evidence that she came here legally. You cannot work while under tourist visa.

Yes, of course she eventually became legal, but that is basically what all illegals want. Why should Melania be treated different from any other illegal?

And she lied on her application for legal residency, which specifically asks whether she worked while under tourist visa. She did work for pay, as the pay stubs are now public. This is prior to her having any rights to work in U.S.
Quote:
My wife came in LEGALLY, she had to fill out all the forms and pay the fees and wait a period of time to come in to be legal, it is an insult to her and the many others who came in LEGALLY when others do it ILLEGALLY or even overstay their visas.
OK, fine, but then you have to be against Trump, who has hired thousands of illegals, and support deporting Melania. Otherwise, you're a complete hypocrite.

I don't understand why you think it's an insult to legal immigrants to have a path for illegals. That makes zero sense. Illegal immigrants are illegal because they can't come legally. It's not like they thought it would be more fun to work under the table and hide from authorities.

I and my wife are both legal immigrants and we are strong supporters of a legal path for illegals.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:39 AM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Do you really believe that?? I see many "illegals" living in garages that are remotely converted into a living area. They also live 3 families to a two bedroom apartment. That is why many hang out outside in the yards, or maybe picnic at the park so their kids can play, there simply isn't enough room inside for everyone.

They live as minimal as possible to save whatever they can save. I don't see Americans living like they do.

The Hispanics that are legal, they're the ones who might live closer to how we Americans would live. That is just from my experience from living in an agriculture rich community where many field workers live.
Do you condone living like that?

Of course, Americans don't live like that. Over 100 years ago, there was a push to deal with crowded living conditions and finally put an end to it. Such conditions create fire hazards and spread diseases. We were past all that until we got infested with illegals to the point where it got out of control.

Illegals living the way you describe end up destroying whole neighborhoods. I know---it happened in my area. When I once talked with a local deputy, he described going into houses with 16 people living in them and the conditions were deplorable.

They also put huge strains on the local schools. There are formulas to figure out how many kids there are in school districts. Flophouses put those numbers into chaos.

16-20 people living in a 3 bedroom 1 bath house. Guess where the second bathroom is? Answer----it's the backyard.

I have no sympathy for illegals who live like that. They have no business being in this country and need to leave.

However, I have sympathy for those who have seen their property values drop due to flophouses in their neighborhoods.

Those field workers who live like that are working for sleazy farmers who refuse to use the agricultural guest worker program. One condition in this visa program is that housing is to be provided for the workers. It's despicable that there are farmers who deliberately and knowingly hire cheap, exploitable, illegal labor.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
However, I have sympathy for those who have seen their property values drop due to flophouses in their neighborhoods.
Property values rise due to immigration, obviously. Visit NYC, SF, LA, Miami, etc.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
No, you are lying. Melania came in ILLEGALLY. She was an illegal immigrant. There is zero evidence that she came here legally. You cannot work while under tourist visa.
You have to be blind to your own hatred, in your own sentence you acknowledge that she had a tourist visa, thus she was LEGALLY in the U.S., I am done wasting my time with someone who cannot get their facts correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration