Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 12:56 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Better life...do like we did in America 220 years ago...fight for it, but moving to the US is the coward's way out.

Wow...so democratic leaning businesses like Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon doesn't hire illegals? You do know that some of largest employers in the US are liberal leaning don't you? Most, if not all, of the high tech businesses in California Silicon Valley heavily support democratic causes? Even the state of California just hired an illegal alien to head the commission to increase college access for minority communities and illegal residents.
Yep, the state of California is guilty of knowingly hiring an illegal alien.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 01:08 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep, the state of California is guilty of knowingly hiring an illegal alien.
And Obama INVITED an illegal into the WH!!! Not to mention the illegal aliens INVITED to speak at the DNC convention..

Old 04-09-2018, 01:14 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And Obama INVITED an illegal into the WH!!! Not to mention the illegal aliens INVITED to speak at the DNC convention..
no kidding wtf. This is what gets me. They get special treatment form the left? Why? Why are they so special? They broke the law and now they are getting the red carpet rolled out? This bothers me even though I know deep down the left only does this to have a political platform to run on.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:20 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,699 times
It's funny how people are.

You are BLESSED and LUCKY you were either born here or could easily emigrate here.

Imagine you were born in Mexico to a poor family and living in a country where the odds of getting out of that predicament are against you.

I do think there has to be some control on immigration, but labeling them as criminals for wanting a better life is kind of ****ty. I have never had an issue on cracking down on illegal immigration on keeping control on the borders. But I also don't believe labeling them as bad people and criminals are fair. Especially the ones that come here to make a better life for themselves. Lack of compassion.

I am sure you all have broken the law at some point in your life. Guess you're a criminal too then huh?

Old 04-09-2018, 01:22 PM

17,577 posts, read 13,355,792 times
No hate

Just let them immigrate legally like most of our families did

Old 04-09-2018, 01:41 PM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post

You are BLESSED and LUCKY you were either born here or could easily emigrate here.

Imagine you were born in Mexico to a poor family and living in a country where the odds of getting out of that predicament are against you.

I do think there has to be some control on immigration, but labeling them as criminals for wanting a better life is kind of ****ty. I have never had an issue on cracking down on illegal immigration on keeping control on the borders. But I also don't believe labeling them as bad people and criminals are fair. Especially the ones that come here to make a better life for themselves. Lack of compassion.

I am sure you all have broken the law at some point in your life. Guess you're a criminal too then huh?

It's not their desires that make them criminals it's their actions of breaking of our laws that does including violating our immigration laws, taking jobs they aren't lawfully entitled to and stealing ID's or evading taxes. Americans have families to feed also. They also cost the taxpayer over $100 billion a year. No one has a right to a better life by violating our immigration laws and borders and taking from our own citizens. Where is their compassion for the American people?

When Americans break the law the appropriate punishment is applied. When illegal aliens are caught they are to be deported. The punishment fits the crime. Just because people break other laws does not negate our immigration laws nor the enforcement of them.

Last edited by Oldglory; 04-09-2018 at 02:13 PM..

Old 04-09-2018, 01:47 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post

No one has a problem with anyone wanting a better life. There are LEGAL ways to immigrate to the U.S., if that's what one wishes. That's what should be done. Anyone who deliberately violates federal law for their own selfish reasons deserves to be called a criminal. Just like bank robbers (also a violation of federal law) are called criminals. Bank robbers don't get to keep the stolen money. Illegal aliens don't get to keep the stolen residency in the U.S. That's fair for all.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:52 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
All the limousine lefties have illegal gardener and housekeeper here
Time to go home friend he is not your president
It’s time for the lazy son and daughter of that limousine lefty to push that lawnmower and wash those dishes
Ps. I Speak fluent Spanish and went to school in Mexico
If I go back to Mexico City and try to argue with them about my right to work and live in Mexico -
You know what happens next
It is not just "limousine lefties" who employ illegals. I live in a development in a city in a state that are all red. Every one of my rightie neighbors has an illegal landscaper, housekeeper and often a poolman. Every builder subs to crews of illegals. Get anything done to your house and its all illegal workers who do the actual labor. The ag fields are plowed, planted and harvested by illegal labor. I think if illegals were taken out of the sun belt it would be too costly to be the magnet it now is for retirees who rail about illegals at the same time as handing them the cash.

I might add that we have e-verify laws in Arizona. But independent workers and contractors who hire and pay under the table don't get caught up in them. They have been quite effective in the restaurant business though FWIW.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:58 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
no kidding wtf. This is what gets me. They get special treatment form the left? Why? Why are they so special? They broke the law and now they are getting the red carpet rolled out? This bothers me even though I know deep down the left only does this to have a political platform to run on.
I know..last I checked, thats called "aiding and abbeting" a criminal..

Old 04-09-2018, 02:03 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
I am not really so much against the illegals who come here to work and pretty much have good values and behavior as I am against their children both citizen and non-citizen, half of whom never finish high school and end up thugs and drunks and criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration