Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 09:45 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,690,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

But individually, I don't hate each illegal alien, but I do hate the way they have taken advantage of our porous borders and take advantage of any legal loophole to stay and get freebies they don't deserve. But on a one-to-one basis, I don't hate illegals, but they do need to be deported, along with their anchor/DACA children.
A friend's daughter is an RN that works for a company that travels around the world. She witnessed women coming from other countries (she mentioned Japan) a heavily pregnant woman coming to LA, having the baby while there, it's like this gold mine for the family that they now have a US citizen that can bring them into the country. Have the baby then fly back home. This happens more than you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 10:18 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
All the limousine lefties have illegal gardener and housekeeper here
Time to go home friend he is not your president
It’s time for the lazy son and daughter of that limousine lefty to push that lawnmower and wash those dishes
Ps. I Speak fluent Spanish and went to school in Mexico
If I go back to Mexico City and try to argue with them about my right to work and live in Mexico -
You know what happens next

Who are all these "limousine lefties"? Most liberals are not wealthy, but solidly lower or middle class. I really don't know who you're talking about.

So that experience in Mexico didn't actually teach you any humility or empathy, huh? Shame. I guess it takes a bigger person to learn things like that.

You wouldn't need to argue with anyone. Living and working in Mexico legally is FAR easier than trying to in the US. The standards for doing so are much more accessible. How do you not know this if you spent all that time there?

Old 04-21-2018, 10:22 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWonderWoman View Post
Why do I keep working? It doesn't make sense when my money is going to support illegal aliens (and other entities obviously,).....why do the liberals think they can continue to take MY MONEY AWAY FROM ME??? I am earning it. I'm sick of supporting others. When is it MY TURN???
Your tax money is much more likely to go towards paying for corporate tax breaks, funding the war machine or things like social security than to any immigrant. But if you want, you're free to quit your job and try to live on welfare (something undocumented immigrants legally can't use). Let's see how much you enjoy it and if it's really the good life you think it is.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:26 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Some of them are criminals, and/or work for the drug cartels in the drug trade.
Some of them are gang member like MS-13.
Some of them could be terrorists.
MANY will steal identities, and SS #'s to get benefits, and Driver's licenses. This can unknowingly destroy people's credit, and finances.

We just don't know who they are as we can not vet them. Borders are designed to keep a country, and its citizens secure. Illegal aliens THREATEN THAT. I don't hate the hard working illegal aliens that come here from a better life, but they just not be incentivized by corporations to do so, and they should not be able to stay, nor anchor themselves with children.

Last edited by Pilot1; 04-21-2018 at 11:10 AM..

Old 04-21-2018, 11:07 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
I don't hate illegals, they're human beings just like I am, but they broke the law and should not be rewarded for doing so.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:38 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Your tax money is much more likely to go towards paying for corporate tax breaks
No one pays for corporate tax breaks, the corporations just keep more of the money they already own. There's no transfer of funds from the Fed Gov to corporations as there are frequently in refundable tax credits to individuals. Many times, refundable tax credits actually yield a NEGATIVE effective federal income tax rate.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:26 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,236 times
The title of this thread is along the lines of "When did you stop beating your wife?" No one HATES illegals, but many of us dislike their behavior. We have no problem with legal immigrants, even when they use our services. (and yes, they do.)

Old 04-24-2018, 01:47 AM

766 posts, read 1,253,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No one pays for corporate tax breaks, the corporations just keep more of the money they already own. There's no transfer of funds from the Fed Gov to corporations as there are frequently in refundable tax credits to individuals. Many times, refundable tax credits actually yield a NEGATIVE effective federal income tax rate.
Tax breaks are corporate welfare. This country is getting plundered by the rich while the elite distract you with these poor immigrants. Get real.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:43 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Tax breaks are corporate welfare.
Welfare is actually listed in annual federal spending. There are spending amounts listed for Food Stamps, Medicaid, etc. Can you show me where in reports on federal spending the line item for any supposed corporate welfare is?

You can't. Why? Letting people or corporations keep the money they earn isn't welfare.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:51 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
If you own a house or pay rent - and your taxes or rent are increased due to having to fund the education of illegals - you have every right to be angry. Many illegals in my area are blatantly open about them being here illegally, do work for contractors under the table, and refuse to assimilate into our society. They leach off the system and all one has to do is visit an ER to see how they game it for their benefit and our detriment. Why any American can support them is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration