U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 10:22 AM

23,890 posts, read 17,582,241 times

Advertisements

hooray!
a sign of sanity at last.
Quote:
Arizona colleges can't give in-state tuition to young immigrants covered under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, the Arizona Supreme Court ruled Monday.

The court issued a brief decision order saying justices unanimously agreed with the Arizona Court of Appeals' ruling that said existing federal and state laws don't allow the Maricopa Community Colleges to grant in-state tuition rates for DACA recipients.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...aca/500141002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 10:55 AM

925 posts, read 493,786 times
Sounds like a win for Arizona taxpayers.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:07 AM

62,405 posts, read 27,771,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
hooray!
a sign of sanity at last.
Quote:
Arizona colleges can't give in-state tuition to young immigrants covered under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, the Arizona Supreme Court ruled Monday.

The court issued a brief decision order saying justices unanimously agreed with the Arizona Court of Appeals' ruling that said existing federal and state laws don't allow the Maricopa Community Colleges to grant in-state tuition rates for DACA recipients.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...aca/500141002/

It should be blatantly clear that giving in-state tuition to illegal aliens is encouraging/inducing, if not aiding/abetting, both of which are a violation of Federal Law.

Harboring -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation.

Encouraging/Inducing -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv) makes it an offense for any person who -- encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law.

Conspiracy/Aiding or Abetting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(v) expressly makes it an offense to engage in a conspiracy to commit or aid or abet the commission of the foregoing offenses.

...With regard to violations of 8 U.S.C. 1324(a)(1)(ii)-(iv) and (v)(ii), domestic transportation, harboring, encouraging/inducing, or aiding/abetting, the basic statutory maximum term of imprisonment is 5 years, unless the offense was committed for commercial advantage or private financial gain, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is 10 years.

https://www.justice.gov/usam/crimina...1324a-offenses

Old 04-10-2018, 12:53 PM

7,598 posts, read 1,757,432 times
Heard that good news today. Eh, they can go to California.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:32 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,237,032 times
The more that head over to Cali the faster the state will go broke, and while I would never wish that on the many good people of Cali, it will be the just reward that the liberals of Cali sooooo deserve for the stupid policies that they have there. Americans should always come first, and in the case of illegals in any state, they should not come last, they should not come at all (not get anything from us). Go Arizona, finally intelligence is winning over.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:32 PM

4,521 posts, read 1,943,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's too late high school juniors to do that.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:38 PM

18,548 posts, read 13,683,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
The more that head over to Cali the faster the state will go broke, and while I would never wish that on the many good people of Cali, it will be the just reward that the liberals of Cali sooooo deserve for the stupid policies that they have there. Americans should always come first, and in the case of illegals in any state, they should not come last, they should not come at all (not get anything from us). Go Arizona, finally intelligence is winning over.
Thats one of the advantages we have as a country. Citizens are free to travel to the states that fit their wants/needs. California just wants the entire worlds population to move there, not just citizens.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:15 PM

3,005 posts, read 470,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
It's too late high school juniors to do that.
Right. Full year residency to apply for in state tuition for US citizens, yet non citizens have been getting benefits citizens do not ? It is everywhere. Sorry, but for the poor mouth put on by illegal s they are some of the most arrogant bunch in town. I m just glad the day laborers are off every street corner. They were such a distraction. I was hit head on by a dope waving to his sidewalk pals, then before the ambulance and PD arrived for me left in the middle of the road with a smashed car, the whole lot of them RAN !!! Cowards . Left me there , injured. I ll never lift a finger for any of them.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:37 PM

1,017 posts, read 553,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Hey! Watch that ...

Old 04-10-2018, 06:46 PM

1,017 posts, read 553,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Very well said. I have been waiting for a big earthquake to run a lot of people out of the state (as happened in 1989). I do not know of any fellow native Californians who approve of the way the state is being run. I wish someone would explain to me why we are treated as second-rate citizens while illegal aliens are welcomed in California. Of course, Brown will not allow the National Guard down on our southern border where many illegals just walk on through.

Bravo, Arizona!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or