U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 04:10 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Politics. If they did their job they were be closing down businesses, left and right.
Oh, really? Do you honestly think they have the manpower to "be closing down businesses left and right"?

As I pointed out, years of not being allowed to do their jobs means they have a lot of catching up to do. Are you willing to pay more federal taxes to hire more ICE agents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 06:08 PM

71,504 posts, read 30,040,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, really? Do you honestly think they have the manpower to "be closing down businesses left and right"?
They absolutely do.

Quote:
As I pointed out, years of not being allowed to do their jobs means they have a lot of catching up to do. Are you willing to pay more federal taxes to hire more ICE agents?
They are doing little now. Why should we hire more to do nothing?

Old 04-19-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
They absolutely do.

They are doing little now. Why should we hire more to do nothing?
Do you have any links to back up your assertions? Particularly, your claim that they have ample agents on staff.

They're "doing little now"? Simply not true. As I pointed out, Obama prevented them from doing their jobs. Now that they can do their jobs again, they have a lot of catching up. Do you have a link that says otherwise?

Old 04-19-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Do you have any links to back up your assertions? Particularly, your claim that they have ample agents on staff.
They aren't doing squat. It doesn't take many to do that. There is an estimated 20,000. How many employers have they busted the last 10 years? The last year?

Quote:
They're "doing little now"? Simply not true. As I pointed out, Obama prevented them from doing their jobs. Now that they can do their jobs again, they have a lot of catching up. Do you have a link that says otherwise?
As many as you have where they are addressing the actual problem.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:46 PM

So, pass along your links that back your assertions. I did say that if you didn't like my links, then pass along links that you like.

Show us how many employers have been busted since Obama left office vs. how many were busted when he was in office.

I, for one, am pleased to see that once again ICE is being allowed to do their job. Aren't you pleased, too? If not, why not?

Old 04-19-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
So, pass along your links that back your assertions. I did say that if you didn't like my links, then pass along links that you like.

Show us how many employers have been busted since Obama left office vs. how many were busted when he was in office.
Again, politics. Obama did little to nothing about immigration. That doesn't excuse the current ignoring of the problem. Why bring Obama up? Politics.

Quote:
I, for one, am pleased to see that once again ICE is being allowed to do their job. Aren't you pleased, too? If not, why not?
Why? I answered that. I'll be happy when they go after the problem. Employers.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:10 PM

927 posts, read 493,237 times
Quote:

Why? I answered that. I'll be happy when they go after the problem. Employers.
Hmm...so taking manslaughterers, sex offenders and child rapists off the street doesn’t impress you huh?

Your Trump hate is pathetic...Try again.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Hmm...so taking manslaughterers, sex offenders and child rapists off the street doesn’t impress you huh?

^^^^This is spot on!

I couldn't rep you again.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post

It's not happening. I'm just not so gullible and I have removed my blinders. If anyone commits these crimes and are caught, they are arrested and tried.

But sadly, the extreme partisans on both sides will excuse absolutely anything.

Employers actually are knowingly employing illegals. It's why they come here.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:25 AM

12,553 posts, read 18,931,506 times
Here's a link: DHS reveals dozens of MS-13, other gang members released by 'sanctuary' policies | Fox News

Releasing dangerous criminals back on the streets instead of cooperating with ICE is not helpful. Going after employers is good, but it's not enough. There are multiple fronts in this battle. To solve illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration