U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-20-2018, 04:17 PM
 
71,504 posts, read 30,040,230 times
Reputation: 14078

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I certainly don't have all the answers, but let me revise my last post.


Make e-verify the absolute standard (or whatever is the best way to screen illegals).
Vigorously prosecute any and all employers who hire illegals.
Build wall and increase border security.
Feverishly deport ALL illegals.
Any business willing to break current laws will not care about new ones either. Aggressively going after those who hire iiilegals is the only thing that will work. You and everyone else know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2018, 04:27 PM
 
11,496 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9869
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL, I said what I thought. It was nothing like what you asked.



If you have cancer and an ingrown toenail, getting the toenail addressed while ignoring the cancer may give you a brief feeling of being better but you are not.

You have to make up stupid crap because you refuse to address the real problem. We can deport the "vile" and next month they will be back.
Seriously? What, exactly, did I make up? Are you saying the links I posted are all fake?

Unless you have links that refute what I posted, then you have nothing to back up your assertions.

As for your analogy---I've always said that illegal immigration is a cancer that has metastasized and should have been dealt with years ago.

With that in mind, what do you propose should happen? Should door-to-door searches be done along with asking for "papers"? If you are in favor of that, are you willing to pay more in taxes to fund such a draconian action? If not that, what do you want to happen?

Very little was done during the Obama years. In fact, he exacerbated the problem by dictating DACA, then trying to dictate DAPA. Thankfully, DAPA was halted.

Now we have ICE working hard to catch up. You don't expect everything to be fixed overnight, do you?

So, once again, what is your solution? You say you're not waving the white flag but yet don't say what you expect to be done that isn't getting done.

Do you vote for people who want to do something about this (and I don't mean amnesty)? Did you look at www.betterimmigration.com to see where your rep and senators stand on this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2018, 04:31 PM
 
11,496 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9869
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Any business willing to break current laws will not care about new ones either. Aggressively going after those who hire iiilegals is the only thing that will work. You and everyone else know that.
Of course this^^^^should happen. Again, get in touch with your rep and senators and let them know you want E-verify to be the law of the land. Plus you want it used to screen out illegals and other ID thieves. It's easy to do, Join CAPS and you can send "action alerts" for free:

https://www.capsweb.org/

You don't have to live in CA to join.

Are you going to take action? Or do you just want to do nothing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2018, 04:54 PM
 
71,504 posts, read 30,040,230 times
Reputation: 14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Seriously? What, exactly, did I make up? Are you saying the links I posted are all fake?

Unless you have links that refute what I posted, then you have nothing to back up your assertions.

As for your analogy---I've always said that illegal immigration is a cancer that has metastasized and should have been dealt with years ago.

With that in mind, what do you propose should happen?
I've stated what should happen over and over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2018, 04:55 PM
 
71,504 posts, read 30,040,230 times
Reputation: 14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Of course this^^^^should happen. Again, get in touch with your rep and senators and let them know you want E-verify to be the law of the land. Plus you want it used to screen out illegals and other ID thieves. It's easy to do, Join CAPS and you can send "action alerts" for free:

https://www.capsweb.org/

You don't have to live in CA to join.

Are you going to take action? Or do you just want to do nothing?
Seems you want everyone to deal with this other than those who are actually responsible to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2018, 05:05 PM
 
11,496 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9869
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Seems you want everyone to deal with this other than those who are actually responsible to do it.


I have no idea what you mean.

Congress and the senate make our laws, no? So who do you expect to do something about it?

BTW, I'm still waiting to see your links that back up your assertions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2018, 05:06 PM
 
11,496 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9869
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've stated what should happen over and over.
Can you please point me to the exact spot where you detailed what you think should happen? Either that or spell it out very clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2018, 05:24 PM
 
71,504 posts, read 30,040,230 times
Reputation: 14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Can you please point me to the exact spot where you detailed what you think should happen? Either that or spell it out very clearly.
Read the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2018, 05:34 PM
 
11,496 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9869
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Read the thread.
What post number?

I haven't seen anything where you talked in detail about what needed to be done.

I'm still waiting to see your links where you refute the ones I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2018, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,564 posts, read 624,926 times
Reputation: 1289
Glad someone is doing their job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top