U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2018, 09:21 PM

2,989 posts, read 784,097 times

Advertisements

I hope they didn't get my Landscaper. Jimmy, if you're reading this, stay strong wherever you are. The lawn will be waiting until you sneak back in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 02:41 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,075,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Really?

So, you're okay with whatever your rep and senators do, even though when what they do or don't do is detrimental to the US?
That's what elections are for.

Quote:
If you don't feel you should have to "demand the ones responsible do their job", then why are you complaining when they don't do it? If you worked with someone who didn't do his/her job, you would demand that s/he either do his/her job or get fired, no? I seriously doubt that you would sit back and allow him/her to do nothing. Yet you refuse to get in touch with your rep and senators and demand that they do their job. Your taxes pay their salary yet you won't demand they do their job?

Wow...just...wow.
Politicians know what the people want. They don't care and the people still re-elect them. No amount of letter writing will change that.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:07 AM

11,537 posts, read 5,523,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's what elections are for.

Politicians know what the people want. They don't care and the people still re-elect them. No amount of letter writing will change that.
I noticed that you didn't answer the questions posed to you.

Sorry you feel the way you do. However, if you want to do nothing about this problem, not even take the time to learn where your rep and senators stand, then don't complain about it. Turn a blind eye and move on.

I've long since learned that just complaining about this issue won't solve a thing. That's why I've gotten involved in working to effect positive change. I've supported those running for office both on a local and a national level---even directly asked where they stand on this issue. If they are pro-open borders, they don't get my vote. It's why I joined CAPS to receive "action alerts". When I receive them, my rep and senator hear from me.

How many times throughout history have people taken to the streets to demand change? And how many times have they been effective in making changes? You know the answer to that. Women got to vote due to the suffragettes who pushed hard for change, for example. There are many, many more examples.

I don't know how anyone can even think that speaking out and pushing for change never works, when clearly it does.

Believe it or not---some who run for office do care. However, they get drowned out by those politicians who are pro-open borders. Don't assume that they all know what their constituents want---many are absolutely clueless. Did you look at betterimmigration.com ? By doing so, you will clearly see which reps and senators are against open borders and illegal immigration. On the flip side, you will see who supports illegal aliens.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
I noticed that you didn't answer the questions posed to you.

Sorry you feel the way you do. However, if you want to do nothing about this problem, not even take the time to learn where your rep and senators stand, then don't complain about it.
We've covered this over and over. Neither my Senator or Rep is responsible for enforcing the laws. You are simply interested in making excuses for those who are that don't.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:31 AM

13,439 posts, read 5,227,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
NYPD Refuses To Do Their Job So ICE Steps In: Arrests Over 200 Illegals Convicted Of Crimes Including Child Rape and Murder

NYPD Refuses To Do Their Job So ICE Steps In: Arrests Over 200 Illegals Convicted Of Crimes Including Child Rape and Murder

Immigration and Customs Agents were forced to take matters into their own hands after the NYPD refused to follow orders. In a six-day blitz titled “Operation Keep Safe,” ICE agents made 225 arrests, 180 of whom were convicted of numerous crimes.
I don't understand why the NYC politicians or anyone who runs a city would want people who spend a lot of time at courthouses, except lawyers of course).

Old 04-22-2018, 11:14 AM

11,537 posts, read 5,523,897 times
Quote:
We've covered this over and over. Neither my Senator or Rep is responsible for enforcing the laws. You are simply interested in making excuses for those who are that don't.

I'm not making excuses. No one ever said that reps and senators are responsible for enforcing the laws However, you well know that they are the ones who make the laws, no?

Let's sum this up --- you complain that business owners aren't being fined often enough for having hired illegals. Yet, you don't want to get in touch with your rep and senators about this issue. As long as you don't hold your elected officials accountable, then you can't complain when they don't do their jobs and make E-verify mandatory. You can't have it both ways.

Since you're going round and round when it comes to this topic, then it's time to no longer discuss it with you. There is nothing more to say.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:

I'm not making excuses. No one ever said that reps and senators are responsible for enforcing the laws However, you well know that they are the ones who make the laws, no?
The laws are already on the books. No one is enforcing them and you want to blame everyone but those responsible for enforcing them.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:42 PM

10,806 posts, read 3,768,270 times
Quote:
The laws are already on the books. No one is enforcing them and you want to blame everyone but those responsible for enforcing them.
Actually not true. They are not funded at anywhere near the level required to enforce the laws...and such a law is not real to the extent not funded. So it basically says some small number of illegal aliens are subject to the law but most are not.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually not true. They are not funded at anywhere near the level required to enforce the laws...and such a law is not real to the extent not funded. So it basically says some small number of illegal aliens are subject to the law but most are not.
Another excuse. It would only take a few well publicized busts until people started getting the message. It does cost quite a bit to go over people individually. Not nearly as much when in a large group like where they are employed.

Besides, when you go after the business the fines cover costs.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:57 PM

10,806 posts, read 3,768,270 times
Quote:
Another excuse. It would only take a few well publicized busts until people started getting the message. It does cost quite a bit to go over people individually. Not nearly as much when in a large group like where they are employed.

Besides, when you go after the business the fines cover costs.
Again the law against employers is not simple to enforce. You end up needing to prove intent. May not be too hard in a large organization with significant numbers...but try doing it on a restaurant dish washer or a member of a dry wall crew.

And note that if you did cut off most employment by legitimate employers mostly you simply force the illegal to the black market. Something close to half are already there. So a few leave but most simply go off the books. And there are vast number of sub-contract schemes as well as quite untrackable small businesses like gardeners and house cleaners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration