Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 07:17 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times

Advertisements

It sure seems to many of us that illegals hate our country but love our money, so why do they hate us so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 07:24 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,217,168 times
I've met some illegals and they were VERY happy to be here. The ones I met do not hate America.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:49 AM

6,258 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
It sure seems to many of us that illegals hate our country but love our money, so why do they hate us so much?
About six months ago we sold our home and moved out of state. We had lived in a tiny rural community, 30 miles from the nearest real town. Just on the outskirts of that community was a small race track. Two years before we moved, the race track changed ownership. The folks who bought it expanded the race schedule, turned a small building in the community into a bar, bought up other pieces of empty land, and one of the owners took great delight in doing practice runs in the middle of the night while drunk and encouraging other racers to do the same. As well as racing up and down the streets. Cops didn't care. They also didn't care that their dog attacked me twice while I was walking. Who cares about what happens in a community of 28 people in the middle of nowhere?

More and more trash started to show up and stick around, more and more POS race cars were parked in and around the track and bar, rural low lifes who had lived in the town but kept to themselves suddenly were empowered by a new leader with apparent money and an in-your-face disregard and lack of consideration for those around them.

Eventually (and predictably) the race track and bar owners took over the little city government (yes......they actually had a volunteer city government mostly to oversee water rights and keep water prices affordable) and the trash who had unexpectedly moved in and the rural low lifes who had found a fearless leader came along for the ride.

Immediately they raised garbage and water prices, and talked of establishing a mobile home park next door to the track. My husband (retired cop) did a little research and found the unsavory background of the male in the married couple who had moved in. They were now in charge of all funds paid by community residents. We paid cash when we paid our bills (didn't want them to have our checking account info) and insisted on receipts proving payment.

We had bought a fixer upper home at a very cheap price and worked hard for a few years making it into something nice. The writing was on the wall. We put the house up for sale, sold it and got the hell out of there before the community got totally trashed and before the home we had worked so hard to fix up became worthless.

True story. Take from it what you will.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:18 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
When I lived and worked in a community that had a lot of Brazilian people most were legal some were not, they were like any other group where most worked hard for themselves and family and there were some that were not so nice and they caused problems.
I don't think any hated America but some certainly took advantage of our generosity.

A good many years ago I went to a Brazilian rodeo in a city that I once lived near. Our national anthem was played and my date and I stood with hands over our hearts. The crowd which was 90% immigrants just went on about their business of talking, laughing etc.. but when their anthem was played I felt like I was in Brazil with the fervor that they sang their anthem.
This was a real eye opener for me. They left the country they love for one they don't except when it comes to making money.

I don't think most immigrants hate America but sometimes you have to question why they choose to come here.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:36 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
I don't think that illegals hate America, but they don't love America. They still prefer and love their broken home country and culture. They have no desire to assimilate into our culture.

They are only here for the money and whatever else they can leech from us, like having US taxpayers pay for educating their anchor babies.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:28 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,404,518 times
If illegal alien hated America so much why are they here? Why do million want to come to America? The OP is a false premise.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:21 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
If illegal alien hated America so much why are they here? Why do million want to come to America? The OP is a false premise.
To illegal aliens, America is nothing but a cash cow. It becomes more of a cash cow once they birth an anchor baby. Remove the cash cow, and the vast majority will hightail it out of here. They have no loyalty to the US.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:39 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
It's probably having to do with the quality of the neighbors around them.

You know, those Anglo-Saxon descendants, Italian-descendants, and Irish-descendants, and on and on.

What it probably is, is that "illegals" are quickly labeled as "other" and vilified so that they have to create their own subcultures in order to be happier. And the only culture that they were indoctrinated and hypnotized into as gullible children was the one they were born in, so the American Anthem about "liberty for all" doesn't ring as nostalgic as the mother-tongue. When they notice that "Americans" aren't particularly "better people" then the people back home, they probably lose all the false picket-fence Hollywood dreams they had about the place.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 04-24-2018 at 03:55 PM..

Old 04-24-2018, 04:18 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
It's probably having to do with the quality of the neighbors around them.

You know, those Anglo-Saxon descendants, Italian-descendants, and Irish-descendants, and on and on.

What it probably is, is that "illegals" are quickly labeled as "other" and vilified so that they have to create their own subcultures in order to be happier. And the only culture that they were indoctrinated and hypnotized into as gullible children was the one they were born in, so the American Anthem about "liberty for all" doesn't ring as nostalgic as the mother-tongue. When they notice that "Americans" aren't particularly "better people" then the people back home, they probably lose all the false picket-fence Hollywood dreams they had about the place.
Illegal aliens, no matter where in the world they come from, no matter if they came here by sneaking across the border or overstaying a visa, all have one thing in common---and that is this---They have no business being here and need to leave.

If they feel bad about being "the other', to quote you, then one hopes they will resolve that issue by going back to their own countries.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:55 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I've met some illegals and they were VERY happy to be here. The ones I met do not hate America.
The majority of the thousands I've met at work fly their home countries flag, break every law in the book, refuse to learn English, and suck the govt programs dry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration