U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 09:27 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,040,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Everything You Need to Know About E-Verify
https://www.govdocs.com/everything-need-know-e-verify/
How does E-Verify work?
Why isn't it working? It's being used as a political hammer that no one that has the ability to do it, wants to see it pass. The only time you hear about it is in campaign speeches and besides that, it does not address my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 09:36 AM

7,942 posts, read 3,932,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Building a border wall is too expensive, and going after kids brought here illegally as infants is just downright mean.

He's hardly ever mentioned punishing employers who hire illegals.

Because that's who he hires himself, at his American golf courses, plus that's who his corrupt/criminal buddies hire!

During ‘Made in America Week,’ President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club applies to hire 70 foreign workers

Who is Donald Trump hiring? Foreign workers - CSMonitor.com

www.csmonitor.comUSAPolitics

Old 04-26-2018, 11:05 AM

1,630 posts, read 1,785,003 times
I have wondered the same as the O.P. many a time. I can only surmise that conservatives are so on their knees before the almighty Bosses, plutocrats, "employers," the all-holy BIZZNIZZ classes, that they don't dare upset the applecart that enables their money-hoarding ways.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:16 AM

11,497 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Because that's who he hires himself, at his American golf courses, plus that's who his corrupt/criminal buddies hire!

During ‘Made in America Week,’ President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club applies to hire 70 foreign workers

Who is Donald Trump hiring? Foreign workers - CSMonitor.com

www.csmonitor.comUSAPolitics
First of all, Trump doesn't personally hire and interview these people.

Second, this post talks about illegals, not those on guest worker visas.

Third, those jobs are seasonal ones. Americans want to work year round. If you are interested in seasonal work, feel free to apply for a job at Mar-a-Lago

Old 04-26-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I have wondered the same as the O.P. many a time. I can only surmise that conservatives are so on their knees before the almighty Bosses, plutocrats, "employers," the all-holy BIZZNIZZ classes, that they don't dare upset the applecart that enables their money-hoarding ways.

You do know that liberals also hire illegals, don't you? I guess that "liberals are so on their knees before the almighty Bosses[sic], plutocrats, "employers", the all-holy BIZZNIZZ[sic] classes, that they don't dare upset the applecart that enables their money-hoarding ways".

Old 04-26-2018, 03:40 PM

7,942 posts, read 3,932,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
First of all, Trump doesn't personally hire and interview these people.

Second, this post talks about illegals, not those on guest worker visas.

Third, those jobs are seasonal ones. Americans want to work year round. If you are interested in seasonal work, feel free to apply for a job at Mar-a-Lago

I spose any excuse will do!

Old 04-26-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I spose any excuse will do!

Excuse? Gimme a break!

Do you want to do seasonal work? Or do you prefer steady work? Most Americans want steady work. That's a fact---not an excuse.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Excuse? Gimme a break!

Do you want to do seasonal work? Or do you prefer steady work? Most Americans want steady work. That's a fact---not an excuse.
My step son just started at Lowe's. Seasonal. UPS hires a lot of people seasonal during the holidays.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:55 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,237,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why isn't it working? It's being used as a political hammer that no one that has the ability to do it, wants to see it pass. The only time you hear about it is in campaign speeches and besides that, it does not address my post.
While I agree that workers need to be verified legal to work, building the wall is common sense, many of us who live in homes have fences, complexes have fences and walls, schools have fences and walls, the Vatican has a wall, Israel built a wall that has worked for years, do walls keep everyone out, no, but they are a good start to keep most unwanted people out.

Next comes E-Verify which is already being used by many, did you bother to look up E-Verify compliance, we can continually make new laws, heck drugs are illegal, guns are illegal for criminals to buy or posses, yet we read daily about criminals having guns and we all should know how bad the drug problem in the U.S. is, building the wall would help with part of the drug problem as well since a lot of the illegal drugs come up from South America.

IMO those who are against the wall are misguided by the fake news, they all need to look all around us to see that politicians and many people who do not want the wall, live in homes and or gated communities surrounded by barriers, so lets stop the bs of just going after employers and get behind the wall being built and any criminal illegal caught in the U.S. needing to be deported asap. What you all should be complaining about is sanctuary cities and states, they are a major part of the problem.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
While I agree that workers need to be verified legal to work, building the wall is common sense, many of us who live in homes have fences, complexes have fences and walls, schools have fences and walls, the Vatican has a wall, Israel built a wall that has worked for years, do walls keep everyone out, no, but they are a good start to keep most unwanted people out.
As long as the jobs are here people will come. Those hiring illegals could be addressed NOW, nothing needs to be done but they are not.

Quote:
Next comes E-Verify which is already being used by many, did you bother to look up E-Verify compliance, we can continually make new laws, heck drugs are illegal, guns are illegal for criminals to buy or posses, yet we read daily about criminals having guns and we all should know how bad the drug problem in the U.S. is, building the wall would help with part of the drug problem as well since a lot of the illegal drugs come up from South America.

IMO those who are against the wall are misguided by the fake news, they all need to look all around us to see that politicians and many people who do not want the wall, live in homes and or gated communities surrounded by barriers, so lets stop the bs of just going after employers and get behind the wall being built and any criminal illegal caught in the U.S. needing to be deported asap. What you all should be complaining about is sanctuary cities and states, they are a major part of the problem.
The wall is simply an excuse for not going after employers.

"Why are we not going after employers"? We need a wall.

"We could address the real problem now". We need a wall.

"Fines associated with hiring illegals would even help finance the prosecutions". We need a wall.

"The wall" is nothing more than a political smoke screen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or