U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 10:27 PM

3,006 posts, read 888,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I support the only possible solution...which is to legalize all until the problem can be contained with rational resources. And I am not totally comfortable with that solution. It is, to a large extent, what they tried in the late 80s. And it is clear how well that worked.

More hope this time as we know what happened last time and hopefully the deal will be a lot better locked down. And the demography has greatly shifted in Mexico so that country will not drive another invasion. Then again we will need to be careful of the over stayers...who could come up to make it a challenge.

But my view is much cleaner than the idiocy being shouted by many pushing hopeless solutions. And that includes yours.
Rewarding law breakers is not a solution. Only exacerbates the issue. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 07:33 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,085,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I support the only possible solution...which is to legalize all until the problem can be contained with rational resources. And I am not totally comfortable with that solution. It is, to a large extent, what they tried in the late 80s. And it is clear how well that worked.
Do you think the markets are going to support that? That means they have to raise wages.

Quote:
More hope this time as we know what happened last time and hopefully the deal will be a lot better locked down. And the demography has greatly shifted in Mexico so that country will not drive another invasion. Then again we will need to be careful of the over stayers...who could come up to make it a challenge.

But my view is much cleaner than the idiocy being shouted by many pushing hopeless solutions. And that includes yours.
I do not think you know my position.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
How would I know. Have you heard of this person? Maybe write to your representative. Start a campaign.
A solution without any particulars isn't much of a solution.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
That's what we did with TARP. I understand your position here. Tell me, how we do get rid of 10-30 million people?

Old 04-27-2018, 08:23 AM

25,475 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Building a border wall is too expensive, and going after kids brought here illegally as infants is just downright mean.

He's hardly ever mentioned punishing employers who hire illegals.
the wall will help, but as in all things, nothing is 100% full proof and he should be putting other laws into effect, revising and implementing the laws that are already on the books, also, he could walk into any restaurant in the U.S. and probly find illegals, as well as gardening, landscaping and construction.

I feel he needs to do that....

and have no problem with anyone coming to the U.S. if they go thru the process legally, but we are paying out the gazoo for these illegals, in school, healthcare, taxes, illegal criminals that are in prison, or rearrested time after time...etc...they need to start paying their share....

Old 04-27-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
the wall will help, but as in all things, nothing is 100% full proof and he should be putting other laws into effect, revising and implementing the laws that are already on the books, also, he could walk into any restaurant in the U.S. and probly find illegals, as well as gardening, landscaping and construction.

I feel he needs to do that....

and have no problem with anyone coming to the U.S. if they go thru the process legally, but we are paying out the gazoo for these illegals, in school, healthcare, taxes, illegal criminals that are in prison, or rearrested time after time...etc...they need to start paying their share....
There we go.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:29 AM

3,006 posts, read 888,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's what we did with TARP. I understand your position here. Tell me, how we do get rid of 10-30 million people?
I understand the strawman question, how do we instantly grt rid of millions of people? It's not feasible. Nobody should be asking asinine questions like that one.

It's a problem with many faces, and requires implementation of different solutions, including crack down on employers, build a wall, stricter enforcement from ICE, stricter enforcement and vetting of visas. The problem is illegal alien sympathizers shoot down any one idea that doesn't solve 100% of the problem as their strategy. That's what gets argued here to no end.

Americans should be expanding and developing on these possible solutions instead of arguing against them or putting up barriers (sanctuary laws). Before any of that, we all need to agree illegal aliens broke the law and are trespassers.

Last edited by max210; 04-27-2018 at 08:37 AM..

Old 04-27-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I understand the strawman question, how do we instantly grt rid of millions of people? It's not feasible. Nobody should be asking asinine questions like that one.
I had posted a reply but then you added to it. My initial reply still is valid here. Changing my argument is dishonest.

Quote:
It's a problem with many faces, and requires implementation of different solutions, including crack down on employers, build a wall, stricter enforcement from ICE, stricter enforcement and vetting of visas. The problem is illegal alien sympathizers shoot down any one idea that doesn't solve 100% of the problem as their strategy. That's what gets argued here to no end.
"Illegal alien sympathizers" can NOT stop the administration from cracking down on employers. You want to blame people who are not responsible for the inaction's.

Quote:
Americans should be expanding and developing on these possible solutions instead of arguing against them or putting up barriers (sanctuary laws). Before any of that, we all need to agree illegal aliens broke the law and are trespassers.
Simply agreeing will accomplish what? There isn't a single "Sanctuary law" that stops the Feds from doing anything on the books.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:03 AM

10,804 posts, read 3,773,053 times
Quote:
Legalizing is the only solution available. The only other option is to maintain the status quo. That says we will have a hidden disadvantaged socioeconomic class for three or four more decades. So we punish our society for many years rather than end the problem.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:16 AM

25,475 posts, read 23,306,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Says you, I spent my lifetime in law enforcement and I can tell you that it is not so easy to check, so please enlighten us all how it can easily be checked?
I know before Trump was elected, a police officer couldn't ask if they were illegal, and yet, they drive without insurance, a drivers license, etc....
They steal identities....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or