Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 09:18 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Legalizing is the only solution available. The only other option is to maintain the status quo. That says we will have a hidden disadvantaged socioeconomic class for three or four more decades. So we punish our society for many years rather than end the problem.
Not sure I understand what you're saying here...

but I'm guessing, our society will suffer for the lack of education for approximately 3 generations or more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 09:22 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I know before Trump was elected, a police officer couldn't ask if they were illegal, and yet, they drive without insurance, a drivers license, etc....
They steal identities....
An officer can perfectly well ask for driver's license and insurance and give a ticket or arrest if not offered.

they can certainly arrest a person using a stolen identity.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
An officer can perfectly well ask for driver's license and insurance and give a ticket or arrest if not offered.

they can certainly arrest a person using a stolen identity.
Well maybe a year or two ago, they couldn't b/c I asked my son, he is a police officer...now on the K-9 patrol, however, I'm certain that every state is different?

could you answer my question, as I'm not quit sure I know what you meant in your one post?
Thanks

wait, I think you misunderstood me, he couldn't ask if they were illegal...however, yes, you could arrest them for not having a drivers license...insurance, etc.

Now, recently and I don't know if this passed, but NJ is a dem state, with a whole lot of illegals, and they were going to give them the right to drive? Not sure if that was voted down or not?

Old 04-27-2018, 09:28 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Well maybe a year or two ago, they couldn't b/c I asked my son, he is a police officer...now on the K-9 patrol, however, I'm certain that every state is different?

could you answer my question, as I'm not quit sure I know what you meant in your one post?
Thanks
The Supreme Court ruling did not change with Trump. The fact that the police can't stop people to check for I.D. unless for cause was a Supreme Court ruling.

State laws are irrelevant. The don't negate the Supreme Court ruling.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Not sure I understand what you're saying here...

but I'm guessing, our society will suffer for the lack of education for approximately 3 generations or more?
No. Our society will have to put up with the bad effects of having a disadvantaged lower class. That class leads to the exploitation of their labor and the general lowering of wage levels. And there are the other effects of a poor and under-educated class upon society.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
No. Our society will have to put up with the bad effects of having a disadvantaged lower class. That class leads to the exploitation of their labor and the general lowering of wage levels. And there are the other effects of a poor and under-educated class upon society.
thank you, yes, that is what I thought you said....and am in total agreement with you...
it is unfortunate....we will pay a price all the way around, especially when you see how people think, or should I say do not use common sense...to think that you can open the flood gates indefinitely and have no negative repercussion is insane.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:11 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Legalizing is the only solution available. The only other option is to maintain the status quo. That says we will have a hidden disadvantaged socioeconomic class for three or four more decades. So we punish our society for many years rather than end the problem.
Another amnesty opens up decades more illegal immigration. Not only no but hell no. We are far better off doing what we are doing now. Increase ICE presence, make the environment so hostile they leave.

I'll go out on a limb here and say these people are in a far better place than where they came from so they are hardly disadvantaged. Amnesty fixes nothing it simply rewards them with even more social services.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Another amnesty opens up decades more illegal immigration. Not only no but hell no. We are far better off doing what we are doing now. Increase ICE presence, make the environment so hostile they leave.

I'll go out on a limb here and say these people are in a far better place than where they came from so they are hardly disadvantaged. Amnesty fixes nothing it simply rewards them with even more social services.
Amnesty gives us the opportunity to actually control our immigration. Without legalization there is no control. The present administration is doing no better than the last. So we have the ability to maintain the underclass at about 11 million. And that will go on perhaps forever.

So that is the choice. Limit the illegals to about 11 million and live with it...or fix the problem and stop allowing new additions to the illegals.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:46 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Amnesty gives us the opportunity to actually control our immigration. Without legalization there is no control. The present administration is doing no better than the last. So we have the ability to maintain the underclass at about 11 million. And that will go on perhaps forever.

So that is the choice. Limit the illegals to about 11 million and live with it...or fix the problem and stop allowing new additions to the illegals.
What happened after the last amnesty and no wall. 11 million more. No wall no amnesty, no amnesty ever.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What happened after the last amnesty and no wall. 11 million more. No wall no amnesty, no amnesty ever.
Again - It could happen. But the demographics are utterly different. You need to figure out where the new 11 million would come from. Won't be Mexico and unlikely across the southern border.

And the other option is live with an 11 million underclass for at least decades and maybe forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration