U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 06:09 AM

2,951 posts, read 1,654,475 times

Advertisements

Building a border wall is too expensive, and going after kids brought here illegally as infants is just downright mean.

He's hardly ever mentioned punishing employers who hire illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 07:00 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,027,987 times
I've asked this for months now. You will get a rare example but even those examples generally do not stop the problem so you aren't going to get an answer.

To be fair, it is NOT only Trump on board here. Neither party wants to upset the low wage cart.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:29 AM

12,553 posts, read 18,926,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've asked this for months now. You will get a rare example but even those examples generally do not stop the problem so you aren't going to get an answer.

To be fair, it is NOT only Trump on board here. Neither party wants to upset the low wage cart.
Trump doesn't post here, does he? No wonder you don't get an answer. We've been hoping Trump would do so for a long time, just like you.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:43 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,235,910 times
Quote:
Why doesn't Trump go after employers who hire illegals?
You do realize that most illegals use other peoples social security number and id's to work, thus many times checking them would not work. Deport them all, well as many as possible, problem mostly solved. Our govt knows who many of them are, they need to start with those and arrest and deport all the others they come across along the way.

Some of you illegal lovers need to answer these and more,
if an illegal was in a hospital to get their child treated and your child was so sick that they might die if not treated right away, would you still be happy they are here?

If an illegal breaks into your home and wants to stay, would you still be happy they are here?

If an illegal gets your job and there are no unemployment benefits or welfare for you to get because they were all used up by illegals and their children, will you sill be happy they are here?

If your child has to stand in the back of the classroom because of illegals taking all the seats, would you still be happy they are here?

DEPORT THEM ALL ASAP!!

Old 04-26-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
You do realize that most illegals use other peoples social security number and id's to work, thus many times checking them would not work.
B.S., this is easy to check.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
B.S., this is easy to check.
Says you, I spent my lifetime in law enforcement and I can tell you that it is not so easy to check, so please enlighten us all how it can easily be checked?

Old 04-26-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Says you, I spent my lifetime in law enforcement and I can tell you that it is not so easy to check, so please enlighten us all how it can easily be checked?
The IRS knows who a S.S. is assigned to. If a meat packing plant sends in a S.S. that belongs to a 78 year old woman, red flag real quick.

The only way this would work is if you were able to steal an I.D. from a working age individual who is NOT working anywhere. That is a very small number. They then are NOT going to be filing a tax return. If a meat packing plant has 75 employers and 55 don't file returns..........

This is not happening in any numbers of note. As a law enforcement officer you may not be able to determine this BUT those in charge of enforcing our laws can.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
The IRS knows who a S.S. is assigned to. If a meat packing plant sends in a S.S. that belongs to a 78 year old woman, red flag real quick.

The only way this would work is if you were able to steal an I.D. from a working age individual who is NOT working anywhere. That is a very small number. They then are NOT going to be filing a tax return. If a meat packing plant has 75 employers and 55 don't file returns..........

This is not happening in any numbers of note. As a law enforcement officer you may not be able to determine this BUT those in charge of enforcing our laws can.
You do know that corporations usually do not call themselves "meat packing plant" don't you.

I was involved in all types of law enforcement over the years, I was and am a private investigator, so I know exactly what types of information is available to law enforcement at the highest levels.

One of the problems is that the govt does not wish to bother legal citizens to try to catch illegals, thus they can only do easy checks which will not pick up a lot of illegals and would never pick up those working off the books.

I receive income from two different states, one of which I have not set foot in since 2004, then I also file income from the Philippines, am I a phony, I am 70 years old, should the IRS come visit me based on your assumption above.

So agreed, the only way it can work is if they get an id and ss from a non working person who is not on welfare or other benefits, not likely to happen, so your own words prove that I am correct.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
You do know that corporations usually do not call themselves "meat packing plant" don't you.
Irrelevant throw away point.

Quote:
I was involved in all types of law enforcement over the years, I was and am a private investigator, so I know exactly what types of information is available to law enforcement at the highest levels.

One of the problems is that the govt does not wish to bother legal citizens to try to catch illegals, thus they can only do easy checks which will not pick up a lot of illegals and would never pick up those working off the books.
If you want to argue that the federal government does not want to upset the low wage workers available to those willing to hire illegals, I won't disagree with that. It's why people turn around and come back when deported.

That does not mean they can't. They won't. I do not disagree with that.

Quote:
I receive income from two different states, one of which I have not set foot in since 2004, then I also file income from the Philippines, am I a phony, I am 70 years old, should the IRS come visit me based on your assumption above.

So agreed, the only way it can work is if they get an id and ss from a non working person who is not on welfare or other benefits, not likely to happen, so your own words prove that I am correct.
You used a very small number to try and dismiss the much larger number. The federal government could address the vast majority here. There will always be a small number that get by with something but the problem is the big number. A number only the federal government can address and refuses to do so.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Irrelevant throw away point.

If you want to argue that the federal government does not want to upset the low wage workers available to those willing to hire illegals, I won't disagree with that. It's why people turn around and come back when deported.

That does not mean they can't. They won't. I do not disagree with that.

You used a very small number to try and dismiss the much larger number. The federal government could address the vast majority here. There will always be a small number that get by with something but the problem is the big number. A number only the federal government can address and refuses to do so.
Everything You Need to Know About E-Verify
https://www.govdocs.com/everything-need-know-e-verify/
How does E-Verify work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or