U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 12:07 PM

10,705 posts, read 3,742,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm of Hispanic descent; I have a problem with illegal aliens no matter where in the world they come from. Illegal aliens are all parasites who take far, far more than they give. Also, factor in that many of them are functionally illiterate and bring children into this world all the while knowing that they can't support them. They've figured out that once they birth an anchor baby, said baby is eligible for all sorts of welfare programs, which benefit the entire family, such as Section 8 housing. To add insult to injury, they send their kids to school not knowing a word of English plus the Spanish they do know is atrocious. For example, they don't know colors and can't tell red from blue. Teachers will tell you that these kids never fully catch up.

Yet, you seem to have no problem with all of the above^^^^. Why is that?

To sum up, I don't care where in the world an illegal alien is from. Nor do I care if they got here by sneaking across a border or overstaying a visa. They all have one thing in common, and that is this --- they have no business being here and need to leave.

So, please, don't pull the race card. It doesn't work anymore.
Well you are pushing toward racist in the above. For instance less than 13% might be functionally illiterate. And half are a high school graduate or better. And the waiting line for Section 8 housing is well past 19 years in most places of interest. And half speak English well or better.

And the practical problem continues regardless of the desirability of the illegals. There simply is no way to deport 11 million people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 01:17 PM

2,427 posts, read 784,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Well you are pushing toward racist in the above. For instance less than 13% might be functionally illiterate. And half are a high school graduate or better. And the waiting line for Section 8 housing is well past 19 years in most places of interest. And half speak English well or better.

And the practical problem continues regardless of the desirability of the illegals. There simply is no way to deport 11 million people.
The 11 million will self deport if we criminally prosecute anyone who hires them, suburban housewives included. Cut off access to our schools and hospitals and any entitlement they're tapping into and they'll self deport rather quickly as well.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:22 PM

1,017 posts, read 553,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Speaks their language. You and others have a problem with brown people, legal or not. Don't even pretend you don't. See, THAT'S the issue I have with this particular forum. So many posters insist it's about illegal immigration when it's really about non-Anglos. I've read the posts.
You are out of line with your accusation, but then, I am not surprised. My husband is legally from Mexico and got a laugh out of the comment. He doesn't like illegals, either, because they are breaking the law. Using this accusation is insulting and typical when one has nothing of substance to add to the conversation.

Last edited by Annie1004; 05-04-2018 at 05:32 PM..

Old 05-04-2018, 05:31 PM

482 posts, read 428,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Just more proof that we need the wall ASAP to stop this type of invasion, thank you illegal alien caravan.
How would a border wall help? These people aren't trying to sneak in, they are walking right up to the border crossing and asking to be apprehended so they can apply for asylum. A border wall would do nothing (in fact the Tijuana crossing area already has a wall). What we need is to change the laws governing how people can apply for asylum.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:40 PM

18,540 posts, read 13,678,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
How would a border wall help? These people aren't trying to sneak in, they are walking right up to the border crossing and asking to be apprehended so they can apply for asylum. A border wall would do nothing (in fact the Tijuana crossing area already has a wall). What we need is to change the laws governing how people can apply for asylum.
Absolutely. I would prefer to use the Wall money for Surveillance and more Border Patrol agents.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:39 AM

2,951 posts, read 1,654,475 times
Default BREAKING: Over 500 ‘Migrant Caravaners’ Arrested With Suicide Vests

According to Eduardo El Guapo Cardinal, his troops went tent by tent, waking the occupant when something fishy was found:

“What we found were more than 500 ISIS soldiers posing as ‘immigrants’ fast asleep with their suicide belts right next to them. We’re lucky nobody was blown up in the raid.”

BREAKING: Over 500

Old 05-05-2018, 08:33 AM

13,638 posts, read 8,659,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Speaks their language. You and others have a problem with brown people, legal or not. Don't even pretend you don't. See, THAT'S the issue I have with this particular forum. So many posters insist it's about illegal immigration when it's really about non-Anglos. I've read the posts.
You might have point there. I am not sure I would stop the Swedish Bikini team types from illegally crossing the border.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:35 AM

13,638 posts, read 8,659,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
What we need is to change the laws governing how people can apply for asylum.
What change do you have in mind? Anyone can apply. Problem is what happens AFTER they apply. Looks like they get to stay. In fact, during the Obama years, they were given bus tickets and spending money to go where they please.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:47 PM

4,999 posts, read 1,722,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Sure there is. Money solves all problems. The "not enough money" excuse has been used for decades, and in each case the cost, at that time, was a paltry amount compared to the long term costs were of letting them stay. In addition, inflation has always worked to reduce the cost in the historical long view. In other words, we could well justify spending the money and they would be successfully deported.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:49 PM

4,999 posts, read 1,722,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
These asylum seekers should have sought refuge in Mexico. You know, the closest semi-safe country (that even speaks their language). I say bully to these "asylum seekers." It's just another tactic to gain entry into the Land of Milk 'n' Honey.
True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration