U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 10:12 PM

1,667 posts, read 689,716 times

Advertisements

Ongoing topic:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/p...-end-in-mexico

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/02/w...ico-trump.html

TIJUANA, Mexico (CNN) - Busloads of Central American migrants arrived in this Mexican border city on Tuesday. And more are coming. 4-24-18
https://www.click2houston.com/news/i...in-border-city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 05:50 PM

27,814 posts, read 37,852,315 times
The showdown on the border is about to begin. Soon the world will see US border patrol pulling crying babies from the arms of screaming mothers. Husbands and wives being separated. Families kept apart for months. Then will come the rapes and child molestation by the guards in the camps. Well, maybe it will encourage others not to come to the US seeking asylum.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:57 PM

10,699 posts, read 3,742,867 times
I do not think Trump or ICE is that dumb. Expect a reasonably peaceful scene with everyone entering getting whisked off on buses.
If it gets harsh it will be out of sight.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:36 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Subversives formenting treason here in the USA by encouraging and enabling should be monitored by the FBI and arrested when they cross the line by enabling these invaders to circumvent our laws by lies and false claims of persecution!

Old 04-29-2018, 02:31 PM

9,785 posts, read 7,106,581 times
Sooo if members of this caravan gets to the border and is let in what kind of message is that going to send to millions of others?
I just heard a news snippet on NPR that said there are people that are waiting for these illegal migrants and when they are released by ICE they plan on taking them home. I wonder if that means that these do gooders will guarantee that their new charges do not become a problem for the state by either going on welfare or getting tied up in the criminal justice system.

It used to be that immigrants had to either have the money to support themselves, have a skill that they could employ to support themselves or have a sponsor that would support them.

If these invaders are allowed into America and the do gooders take them under their wings I wonder if we checked in with them say in 6 months if the do gooders will be able to tell us where their illegal immigrant is or if they vanished?

Old 04-29-2018, 02:51 PM

10,699 posts, read 3,742,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Sooo if members of this caravan gets to the border and is let in what kind of message is that going to send to millions of others?
I just heard a news snippet on NPR that said there are people that are waiting for these illegal migrants and when they are released by ICE they plan on taking them home. I wonder if that means that these do gooders will guarantee that their new charges do not become a problem for the state by either going on welfare or getting tied up in the criminal justice system.

It used to be that immigrants had to either have the money to support themselves, have a skill that they could employ to support themselves or have a sponsor that would support them.

If these invaders are allowed into America and the do gooders take them under their wings I wonder if we checked in with them say in 6 months if the do gooders will be able to tell us where their illegal immigrant is or if they vanished?
There is little choice. Once in the US Mexico will not take them back and US laws and regulation allows for a hearing if they claim asylum. In some cases the US could detain them. But then you have the two kids to deal with. If you do not wish to support them then you need to give them permission to work. That basically makes them legal aliens.

And this has always been the policy on refugees.

Old 04-29-2018, 04:02 PM

4,851 posts, read 1,461,384 times
The notion that a group of aliens should be able to come to the border and force their way in is why , although I have voted Dem the past 3 POTUS elections for various reasons, I will not be voting Dem in the future.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:07 PM

6,889 posts, read 4,296,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Subversives formenting treason here in the USA by encouraging and enabling should be monitored by the FBI and arrested when they cross the line by enabling these invaders to circumvent our laws by lies and false claims of persecution!
Hannity directly fomented treason. And Trump supports said they would foment treason too unless they got what they wanted!

Old 04-29-2018, 08:10 PM

4,999 posts, read 1,722,213 times
That a large visible group of non-citizens thinks it can more or less rush the border in a bid to successfully gain residency is prima facie evidence that our national border politics have become too compromised by extremists.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:47 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,235,910 times
Just more proof that we need the wall ASAP to stop this type of invasion, thank you illegal alien caravan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration