Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 10:25 AM

1,743 posts, read 991,977 times

Advertisements

Get your crying towels out everyone!

Quote:
Gabriela Hernandez and her two boys joined the "migrant caravan" of travelers across Mexico toward the United States, some hoping to cross the border. This is her story of the journey, compiled from multiple visits and interviews.

She is late.

Gabriela Hernandez has missed the caravan marching north.

As she realizes her mistake, she also knows she can't let it go.

She scrounges up enough coins to pay for a taxi. Not knowing exactly where the group is, they simply head north, asking along the way in the hope they will catch up with the group.

The pregnant mother of two has never before left Honduras. Now, she has fled her country, crossed Guatemala and found herself in the southern Mexican border city of Tapachula.

"I was very scared. I didn't even have a dollar for a hotel," she says later.

When she arrived with her two little boys, she didn't know whom to trust.

And in the back of her mind, she is also thinking about the talk among the migrants. She has heard about "la hieleras," the coolers, the migrants' nickname for cold ICE detention facilities.

She has heard she could be held for months. But, it's the talk of family separation that worries her most right now.

Immigration authorities say they do not normally split mothers from their children, but that does not stop the fear.
"Omar already tells me, 'I don't want to be far away from you. I will cry.'"
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/27/us/me...ary/index.html

Last edited by claymoore; 04-28-2018 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 11:13 AM

Mexico gave her 20 days to travel to the U.S.

Refugees are obliged to stop in the first place of refuge.

Guatemala and then Mexico are the first countries she entered, the places she is supposed to seek refuge. They speak her language there, and their culture is closer to her own.

Quote:
As they pull into a shelter’s parking lot, other migrants and supporters are cheering, holding signs that read, “The fight continues,” “No Trump” and “Viva Honduras.”

Yet they’re leaving Honduras for the United States.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:03 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
We need to stop all money being given to mexico, until they start stopping these people from coming thru their country to get here. Require e verify for all employers and fines for 1st violation and deportation of illegal employees, and jail time 1 yr min for business owner and gen mgr for 2nd violation.Third time they lose business licence, and ban from receiving any business lic in future, heavy fines and longer jail time.
Jail time for any person harboring illegal aliens, and loss of right to be here/deportation for anyone previously granted visa/green card/work permit/citizenship other than birth citizenship.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:04 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
This is stuff is all BS.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:39 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
This is stuff is all BS.
Exactly! She should of scraped up enough coins for birth control if she couldn't afford kids or provide for them, either that or ask the Catholic Church to support her as they encourage these LOSERS to pump out kids they can't provide for.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:45 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
"The pregnant mother of two...." aptly sums it up.

The only thing they excel at is popping out babies. So what to do next?

Oh yeah, make a desperate attempt to get to America!

Good Gawd! I'm sure there will be thousands of American liberals signing up to take them in.

NOT! (But they sure as hell expect your tax dollars to take care of her and her litter). Next year, the story will be "The pregnant mother of three....".

Old 04-28-2018, 09:25 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
She wants cash, not asylum. Microchip these people after they fill out their application and let them wait in Mexico to see if they are approved. Trump should do a deal with Mexico to partly fund a FEMA type camp across the border for them to live in the meantime.

Old 04-29-2018, 12:36 AM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
So where is the father of currently pregnant mama with two young boys? And trying to get into California. Is anyone aware that the entire state is suffering from a severe housing shortage and out-of-control homelessness while charging its residents extremely high taxes and a sky high cost-of-living, the highest in the country? We have no more room, especially for more burdens dumped on us to support. It was bad enough before but now something has to give.

I really resent the flood of people coming here while, as a lifelong Californian, I often run out of funds before the end of the month. I wish everyone would just go home. The free ride needs to end. It's too late, I know, but this has reached crisis proportions for the fast disappearing middle class who BELONGS here.

Sorry for the rant, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:26 AM

There is a showdown starting to form at the border right now.
Watching the protest on the local network.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:58 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
She's safe in Mexico and there she will stay. At least I hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration