U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 01:17 AM

1,017 posts, read 553,174 times

Advertisements

Sanctuary States need to realize that they have no say about who can stay and who can go, and never did. It's the federal government that has responsibility for illegal aliens (meaning immigration among other things) and just because a state is belligerent about challenges to it doesn't change that.

California is number one in poverty, the worst traffic, high taxes and comes in 50th of the 50 states in quality of life. And the education system churns out the third lowest-scoring students in the country. What's wrong with this picture? Thank you, Jerry Brown and his band of renown. I sadly remember when California was a great state, golden, in fact.

As my mother said to me many years ago, "You tried it one way that didn't work, isn't it time you try another way?" Along those lines, we need a new state government that puts its residents ahead of the illegal invaders. Otherwise, we will continue on this very rough road with no end in sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 09:53 AM

2,810 posts, read 2,806,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Then that's where all the businesses would move to.
What businesses? haha
Cleaning houses
Construction
Landscaping
Mexican restuarants

Please get real , we don't need illegals for the economy.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:00 PM

1,020 posts, read 290,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
LMAO, I'd love to see Trudeau's reaction to that one.
He would say "Thank you for providing cheap labor for my cronies."

Old 05-30-2018, 09:52 AM

3,965 posts, read 1,920,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You don't speak for me. I will gladly pay extra to hire someone who is here legally or an American citizen plus is licensed and insured.
You're in the minority then.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:10 PM

6,730 posts, read 1,897,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
You're in the minority then.
Not really as most folks simply assume that their contractor is honest. Others like yourself assume that a greedy contractors willing to break laws and use illegals, some how grow a heart and pass on the savings to the consumer.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:59 AM

5,823 posts, read 3,768,940 times
I hear there is a lot of new, vacant land on the big island in Hawaii that you could give them to homestead. The state government there wants the US to let them come in scot free. A plane ticket is much cheaper than keeping them in the continental US.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:31 PM

6,547 posts, read 11,621,205 times
Yes if the Obama stacked courts rule certain illegals must be allowed to stay after being caught in the act of illegal border crossing, resettle them all in San Francisco, Chicago, Seattle, Portland and Boston.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:11 AM

5,891 posts, read 12,252,279 times
Sure, send them to sanctuary cities but then give them green cards too while you’re at it....then they can go right back to working in the fields, factories and meat processing plants where they have jobs waiting for them.

Ok, everything about this topic is just absurd.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:45 PM

886 posts, read 439,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
We have enough of them already here in California. Send them to Sacramento and Beverly Hills to live with LIB politicians and the Liberal elite of Hollywood.

No thanks. The politicians are from all over the state we don't need more leeches

Old 06-08-2018, 09:20 AM

2,201 posts, read 735,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
What businesses? haha
Cleaning houses
Construction
Landscaping
Mexican restuarants

Please get real , we don't need illegals for the economy.
I was glad to not see farming on this list, because that seems to be the scapegoat for those who support open borders. Only a small fraction of illegals work fields and it's been that way for a long time now. I grew on a dairy farm (we hired no one), and at that time only the men snuck over illegally to work in fields. That all started to change at some point in the late 70's when they started to include their wives and children.

Construction is the one I really have a problem with. Decades ago that was a job that paid workers a decent wage to wield a hammer, but that all changed when they decided to get cheap. Too bad their savings never trickled down to the prices of homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or