Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 09:50 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,843 times

Advertisements

There’s an organization that exists in almost every major university (and some high schools) in the western US known as MEChA; that is a Spanish acronym for the Mexican Student Movement for Aztlan. They have a very clear goal in mind for our country. They wish to detach the southwestern part of the US, expel all the non-Hispanics, and make it an independent country. The name of this new nation would be known as Aztlan. The motto of MEChA: For the race everything, for those outside the race nothing. What they are essentially calling for is an ethnic cleansing of America (at least the entire west coast). You may have seen some of their sympathizers on TV during the illegal immigration rallies this summer, yelling for the white people to go back to europe. Anybody heard about the comments by the leader of one of the biggest latino lobbies in the US (La Raza: translates 'the race')? Their leader actually called for the outright killing of 'gringos'--if it had to come to that. This is a organization courted by congressmen as legitimate!!! Is this really how our newcoming immigrants actually feel about our fellow Americans, I hope not.

Now, I understand free speech and our need to protect this, but should our government, universities, and high schools for that matter, be giving a forum and possibly funds to these types of very radical organizations? Isn't this the equivalent of allowing there to be a mainstream Nazi party with government sanction? Just my opinion folks, I hope you're a little more optimistic about this than me.

Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 PM

I think this video has a good summary of the issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM9uH...elated&search=

Old 12-11-2006, 11:13 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,394,538 times
I think both the initial assessment and the video are coming from biased sources serving their own particular agendas by attempting to present the extremist fringe of the organization as the norm which in my mind is no different than presenting a Neo-Nazi rally and white nationalism as an example of conservatism.

For a more fair look at what MECHA is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEChA

And to answer the question posed in the thread title, no, Aztlan will never become a reality.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:46 AM

923 posts, read 3,513,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
I think both the initial assessment and the video are coming from biased sources serving their own particular agendas by attempting to [color="Red"]present the extremist fringe of the organization as the norm which in my mind is no different than presenting a Neo-Nazi rally and white nationalism as an example of conservatism.[/COLOR]It has to do with The "La Raza/Chicano/Atlan Movement" IS an Extremist/Militant/Hate Group!!!

For a more fair look at what MECHA is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEChA

And to answer the question posed in the thread title, no, Aztlan will never become a reality.
Are you In Denial about The Atzlan Movement?

Old 12-12-2006, 06:50 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,415 times
Will Aztlan one day be a reality?

Yes, look how far we have fallen in this country. Look how we allow anything and everything, it will not be long. Why? because we have done it to ourselves.

O God help us!

Old 12-12-2006, 08:09 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
I hope either it never becomes a reality or that it's not that severe since some of my relatives live around San Diego. I don't know if any of them know Spanish or if that'd even matter as they all look "very gringo."

Old 12-12-2006, 08:53 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,901,182 times
Ha, great ads with this topic.

Quote:
Third Reich films on DVD - Newsreels, documentaries, features Historical German Films 1933-45 (www.archivdvd.org)

How Green Were the *****? - Environmental & the Third Reich a book from Ohio University Press (www.ohiou.edu/oupress)

Latino Hispanic T-shirts - Che, Zapata, P Villa, Aztec, Mexico Low Price, High Quality, Wholesale (www.tuxedotshirts.com) (broken link)
No, I don't think Aztlan will be anymore a reality than the loony White Nation Stormfront wants.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:59 AM

Apparently just bringing up this post struck a nerve with people that it had to be moved. How can you say this isn't a mainstream movement when you have elected officials and heads of the most powerful latino movements essentially promoting this??? It's downright frightening in my mind. I'd like to get some perspective from people who actually saw these demonstrations in CA, hear what they have to say.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
I think both the initial assessment and the video are coming from biased sources serving their own particular agendas by attempting to present the extremist fringe of the organization as the norm which in my mind is no different than presenting a Neo-Nazi rally and white nationalism as an example of conservatism.
Yes, I understand the video is coming from a biased source, and anyone watching it is well aware. But what you can't argue is that they were taking direct quotes from some of the most powerful latinos in America (like the mayor of LA, head of La Raza). But, while you make comparisons to the white supremecists as an example of fringe conservatism--are these people supported by our elected officials? Yeah right! They would be ran out immediately because of the crap that was spewing out of their mouths and Americans wouldn't stand for it. I don't think we should stand for our government courting groups that advocate this kind of treasonous behaviour within our own country. I mean, they are advocating a revolt and reconquista of the western U.S., isn't that treasonous? Granted, I support their free speech, but we should not allow them to have a forum for these types of radical ideas and provide government sanction.

Last edited by WazzuCoop21; 12-12-2006 at 10:37 AM..

Old 12-12-2006, 11:26 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
It's much ado about nothing, and I agree with Dullnboring. Look at the attitude of Latinos who vote in Arizona...they vote for American interests, not Mexican. And guess why?? They're AMERICAN! Fancy that concept
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration