U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 05:55 PM

31,888 posts, read 14,685,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
PS: The US criminal justice system is obviously racist and cruel in the extreme. Why respect such evil?

You must be joking.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:56 PM

3,013 posts, read 1,424,940 times
While, I'm against the move, Donald Trump was elected to do this and he is doing what he was elected for. I bet Postville voted for Trump during the election and the entire incident happened under Obama's watch, so you can't even blame Postville on Republicans etcetera.

As a result Postville now has a unique population of a small amount of Somalis (5%) who filled in the jobs left by the deported illegals), Hispanic Immigrants (30%) and a small amount of Orthodox Jews (5-14% or so) as well as White Americans (51-60%) and others.

I think this again proves the assertion some made that certain Americans won't work at places like meat processing facilities, or won't do it unless their paid more than a certain amount seeing as Somalis who I assume are Americans where the predominant group to move in and take up jobs at the plant.

I personally think as this continues to happen the economic and demographic effects of such moves especially in a situation that is larger than Postville will be interesting to see.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:01 PM

31,888 posts, read 14,685,001 times
I love it when these pro-illegals attack Christians for wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced they are totally clueless. Jesus said to obey the laws of the land not take from others what doesn't belong to you and to obey his Ten Commandments. Illegal aliens are guilty of violating all three but we're supposed to feel sorry for them?

Old 05-13-2018, 06:02 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,564,739 times
Tight community but not their president
When americans work in that plant it too will be a tight community
President nieto welcomes you home

Old 05-13-2018, 06:02 PM

5,334 posts, read 4,818,098 times
Good for ICE
It needs to be done across the country.

The fault lies with the illegals, and, with the towns that look the other way to let them in, in such numbers that the town is seriously affected when the illegals are removed. They've only harmed themselves in allowing lawbreakers in.

Quote:
I hope none of you claim to be Christian.
I do. And, you're not going to make anyone feel guilty with that tired old chestnut, but it's all you have it seems. You don't know the bible that much if you (willingly) overlook the verses that talk about obeying the laws of the land, such as this one...

1 Peter Chapter 2

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:04 PM

11,575 posts, read 5,555,146 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
They all do. They are what I call Christian hypocrites much like their so called leader.
Uh huh.

Apparently neither of you know that Jesus told his followers to obey the laws of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his. You know, things that illegal aliens refuse to do.

Both of you are free to move several illegal alien families into your own homes. You are free to provide them with food, clothing and shelter. I'm sure that you can't wait to do so.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:11 PM

4,775 posts, read 1,197,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Good. If you're community is full of illegals, we will find you and solve the problem for you.
Agreed. We are a nations of laws and those laws must be followed.

We also have the highest percentage of immigrants of any country, so it's not like we haven't earned our stripes. Let some other country have them.

It's bad enough we have birthright citizenship.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:36 PM

32,911 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Quote:
PS: The US criminal justice system is obviously racist and cruel in the extreme. Why respect such evil?
Illegal isn't a race. But, keep trying to make it a race issue.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:47 PM

25,365 posts, read 37,612,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Illegal isn't a race. But, keep trying to make it a race issue.
Illegals, indeed come from all backgrounds, colors and different religions so anyone who ever mentions “racism” is trying to push propaganda.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:10 PM

30,953 posts, read 24,353,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
This.

I am also a legal immigrant (now American citizen). I did what you did - paid the fees, filled out the forms, got the fingerprints and FBI background checks, had the physicals, traveled hundreds of miles to wait in line for many hours in order to be interviewed multiple times. Filled out more forms. Paid more money. Traveled hundreds of miles again (and again). And then waited. For years.

Do I feel sorry for illegals who settled illegally into American towns, worked illegally in American jobs? Do I feel sorry for "good families" who increased the burden on already overburdened American social safety nets, education systems, health care systems and criminal justice systems? Do I feel sorry for illegals whose lives are now in disarray on American soil? The answer to all of those questions is no.

No. I don't.

I went through the process legally. It was a lot of work, worry and frustration, but I never had to look over my shoulder wondering when the hammer was going to come down. Wonder when and if the feds would knock on my front door.

I went through the process legally, and never had to worry about whether one day the mood of the country would swing against me (and so would the president of the country) and my illegal presence would no longer be welcome.

I was a legal immigrant. And now I am an American citizen.
let me welcome you to this country, we need more people like you. june shows that LEGAL immigrants are just fine in this country, they came here legally, and followed the laws to gain US citizenship, and we should be welcoming people like her with open arms. and i realize the process to come here, and stay here legally is a long and frustrating one, a friend of mine went through it with his wife years ago. he was a citizen, she wasnt but she wanted to stay here, and the amount of red tape and money they had to go through was large and frustrating.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
They all do. They are what I call Christian hypocrites much like their so called leader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I do. And, you're not going to make anyone feel guilty with that tired old chestnut, but it's all you have it seems. You don't know the bible that much if you (willingly) overlook the verses that talk about obeying the laws of the land, such as this one...

1 Peter Chapter 2

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Uh huh.

Apparently neither of you know that Jesus told his followers to obey the laws of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his. You know, things that illegal aliens refuse to do.

Both of you are free to move several illegal alien families into your own homes. You are free to provide them with food, clothing and shelter. I'm sure that you can't wait to do so.
i also am a christian, and like the other two remember things like jesus telling those that tried to trap him, render unto cesear that which belongs to cesear, and render unto god that which belongs to god. and while he was talking about taxes at that particular moment, he also said follow the laws of man unless they go against the laws of god.

and that means my friend allen, that god recognizes the various kingdoms of man, and he recognizes that they all have their own laws regarding many things, including immigration, to those countries.

but perhaps you allen are a master of the bible and you would care to enlighten everyone all the passages that pertain to immigration? can you point to all of us christians where god laid down the immigration laws that we have to follow? i seriously doubt it since god doesnt deal in such trivial matters.

Quote:
you missed putting up an emoticon indicating sarcasm, or you are deluded enough to think that you are somehow right.

if you think that you are right, then you have some serious learning to do about the various criminal justice systems around the world, since you have absolutely no clue of which you speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or