U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 06:15 AM

11,376 posts, read 3,689,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Not sure who the clueless one is in this discussion. Your orange buddy is trying to restrict a lot of the "legal" immigrants that you claim will fill these jobs. (except if they work at Mar A Lago)

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...r-visa-program
Restricting it from the people who defy it the most. Good. Needs to happen until they learn to play by the rules.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:18 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,027,987 times
Quote:
The truth is, you and I do not want these types of jobs, and most of our fellow Americans don't either.
A vast meaningless generalization. The truth is, you don't want to pay a wee bit more for your hamburger. People don't want these jobs at sub minimum wage.

Quote:
We lie and say they are "taking our jobs" but that is BS. I don't see many illegals working in cushy office or corporate jobs, they take the lowest of the low and are happy to have them.
Meat cutting had long been a very respectable job.

Quote:
Just wait till all of these people are no longer there to process our meat, pick our fruits and vegetables, and do all of these backbreaking jobs. When you start paying twice as much for your food, remember what caused it to happen. Then we will see how you feel.
Now is there enough people to replace as many as it would take? Maybe not. It's why this is not a cut and dry solution.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:29 AM

15,734 posts, read 8,546,450 times
See what happens when individuals and companies flout the law?

This would have never happened if these people didn't decide they were above the law.
There families would never have been ripped apart.
There communities would not be picking up the pieces left in the wake of the economic impact this CORRECT AND JUST action has brought about.

There is a disastrous price that is paid when people break the law. THis is a JUST law. It is a right law and as a nation we would be wrong to ignore it.

I feel terrible for the families of the LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS who have been so terribly affected by the ransacking of their communities by these illegal aliens and the rogue companies that employed them.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:32 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,027,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
See what happens when individuals and companies flout the law?

This would have never happened if these people didn't decide they were above the law.
There families would never have been ripped apart.
There communities would not be picking up the pieces left in the wake of the economic impact this CORRECT AND JUST action has brought about.

There is a disastrous price that is paid when people break the law. THis is a JUST law. It is a right law and as a nation we would be wrong to ignore it.

I feel terrible for the families of the LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS who have been so terribly affected by the ransacking of their communities by these illegal aliens and the rogue companies that employed them.
The people worked the system we set up.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:54 AM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Quote:
Not sure who the clueless one is in this discussion. Your orange buddy is trying to restrict a lot of the "legal" immigrants that you claim will fill these jobs. (except if they work at Mar A Lago)

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...r-visa-program

Nice deflection to avoid answering the question: WHY ARE THE FARMS AND FACTORIES NOT USING THE EXISTING VISA AND WORKER'S PROGRAMS?!

Besides, what do you care about what goes on in the legal immigration world, anyway? It's not like you people think those laws exist for any reason anyway, right?

Because "OHMYGah, muh froots prices!" is not an argument.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:29 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
This thread is all over the place and is not going anywhere constructive. I'm closing it before it turns into a big fist fight.
Closed.
Yac.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:14 PM

3,194 posts, read 2,864,856 times
Quote:
The truth is, you and I do not want these types of jobs, and most of our fellow Americans don't either. We lie and say they are "taking our jobs" but that is BS. I don't see many illegals working in cushy office or corporate jobs, they take the lowest of the low and are happy to have them.

Just wait till all of these people are no longer there to process our meat, pick our fruits and vegetables, and do all of these backbreaking jobs. When you start paying twice as much for your food, remember what caused it to happen. Then we will see how you feel.
This post is a whole lot of nonsense I am sorry to say. I have watched for the last 20 years as American men, and women, have been slowly pushed out of the jobs they loved by the illegal invasion. The false narrative that is being pushed here is the one you are pushing. That Americans don't want these types of jobs. We are not just talking about immigrants who work in the fields anymore sir, I can promise you that.

I am a carpenter. I work hard, but I love my work. And through hard work and perseverance I have managed to keep working even though the tide of illegals into my field and fields associated with my line of work has been relentless. But many of the American men and women that I used to work with have long since been pushed out of the market, driven out by illegals willing to work for 1/2 the pay or less. Painters, framers, electricians, plumbers, roofers, etc. All the trades have been decimated by these workers who are willing to work for pennies. And the quality of the work has gravely suffered because of it. But guess what, the builders and corporate execs who are financing all the new building don't care. They are selling Americans an inferior product, but they know that by the time the real problems become apparent, they'll be in the clear.

Do you know I have worked for 2 different construction companies who literally set aside money to bring in real American workers after the main job was complete......to fix all the crap the unskilled illegal workers messed up. When I asked the job sup why they didn't just hire real workers in the first place, he said that even though they had to basically get the job done 1 1/2 times, they still saved money letting the low wagers come through first and then just cleaning up behind them. So honestly, it's not just the fault of these invading workers, it's also the fault of these greedy builders and large construction company owners who only care about the bottom line and who do not require their subs to provide legal workers.

However, be that as it may, my true point here is there are plenty of Americans to fill many of these jobs you don't think we want to do. In fact, there are many Americans who would simply love to get back to work doing them. And look, if it helps, think about it this way. If we can get more Americans working again, we'll be sticking it to the rich guys, who will have to start paying their workers what they should be making, rather than cheating these immigrants and paying them far less than what they should be. making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or