U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 11:37 AM

31,717 posts, read 14,631,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
How is protecting our borders inhumane? We are called as a nation to keep our borders protected. Period. End of story.
It's inhumane to our own citizens not to protect our borders but bleeding heart liberals and ethnocentrics don't care about them.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:55 AM

2,635 posts, read 1,359,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
You really think this is acceptable?

Are you aware that year-old babies are being snatched away from their mothers and placed in so-called "shelters", often in other states from where the parents - who are seeking asylum as refugees, aka fleeing persecution - are kept? Do you know what this kind of separation does to infants and small children? Are you aware that over seventeen hundred children in this kind of government "care" have gone missing and cannot be located by our government?

What kind of cold, heartless person proposes or supports this completely unnecessary and harmful action? Separating children from adults was a Nazi practice. Why is our government engaging in it?? Even when Japanese-American families were (shamefully) sent to relocation camps during WWII, they were allowed to remain together.

I am not a leftist. I am a moderate Democrat. But I am strongly opposed to such a cruel, heartless, damaging, and un-American practice such as this.

If you have ever loved or cared about a child, just think how you'd feel were that child treated as these innocents are being treated. Imagine being that child you care about, terrified, being forced from your parents by armed strangers who speak a different language.

Imagine never knowing if or when you'd ever see your parents again. Imagine being sent away to live with other children and cared for by strangers who don't love you or have enough resources to properly care for you and the other children locked up with you. Imagine being bullied by the older, stronger, unsupervised children. Imagine your fear - and your grief.

Now, imagine being five years old. Even younger.

How would you feel?

I am embarrassed by and ashamed of my country right now, and I want it to return to what it was until Trump took office. I want to make America America again, a place I can proudly call my own. Free. Democratic with a small "d". Honorable. A place that protects and nurtures the weak and the powerless into strength. A place which protects its resources, educates its children, respects its people. I want my representatives to truly represent me, not special interests. I want my country to return to being that shining city on a hill. I want an end to cruelty, lies, and corruption.

I want my country back.

My concern is for Legal American citizens and not illegal aliens looking for handouts. No one is forcing anyone with or with children to invade our country.

There are nearly 200 countries in the world so why do illegals pick the US? Duh....

Old 05-28-2018, 06:11 AM

1,761 posts, read 711,864 times
how is this baby-snatching policy going to deter young males who join MS-13? Also, why not just send families back intact? And who is caring for all these kids? Are the Feds dumping them into state foster systems? Who is paying for it?

Old 05-28-2018, 06:29 AM

1,275 posts, read 324,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Is it ideal? No. But nor are thousands and thousands of people flooding our border trying to take advantage of asylum laws (or just jumping the border). If this is what it takes to deter this madness, then so be it.

I thank God for President Trump for enforcing our laws and defending our borders.
Thousands and thousands? I thought the numbers were down. These are people who are presenting themselves to authorities at the border. Thank God my ancestors were not treated so cruelly at Ellis Island.
It is unimaginable, as a mom and grandmother I am ashamed.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:57 AM

204 posts, read 375,958 times
They could just stay in their own country instead of trying to come to the USA. We are already the world's police we don't need to be the world's nanny.

Our Liberal Governor in Jersey is trying to raise taxes for legal citizens to pay for Illegal Immigrants to get free college and other hand outs.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:57 AM

1,903 posts, read 1,136,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Then kick out ALL the illegals
Where has the compassion for humanity gone? Just because we now have bigots, big time in the Trump administration and he is the bigot in chief, does not mean we all have to be morally wrong.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:08 AM

1,903 posts, read 1,136,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
It could be worse. Shooting them on sight would be inhumane. What they're doing now is just a deterrent, but it won't last.

Eventually, and hopefully not very soon, I fully expect the liberals to open up the borders again and we'll be back to square one. We are fighting a losing battle. The U.S. will run out of money before Mexico, El Salvador, et al. ever runs out of migrants that come here illegally.
Shooting on sight has arrived. Case in point the beautiful 20 year old lady, what did they say, she was a forensic scientist. No matter what her education was, she was human being. Shot in the head by a border patrol officer. Trump is making our country into a war zone and he needs to be charged with crimes against humanity. Enough is enough with his hateful bigotry.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:18 AM

9,784 posts, read 7,679,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
It could be worse. Shooting them on sight would be inhumane. What they're doing now is just a deterrent, but it won't last.

Eventually, and hopefully not very soon, I fully expect the liberals to open up the borders again and we'll be back to square one. We are fighting a losing battle. The U.S. will run out of money before Mexico, El Salvador, et al. ever runs out of migrants that come here illegally.
They did that, too. Do keep up.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:39 AM

9,784 posts, read 7,679,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
They could just stay in their own country instead of trying to come to the USA. We are already the world's police we don't need to be the world's nanny.

Our Liberal Governor in Jersey is trying to raise taxes for legal citizens to pay for Illegal Immigrants to get free college and other hand outs.

Are you aware that many of these people are refugees, fleeing deadly violence? Many came to our borders out of desperation, intending to apply for political asylum, which is legal. They have not broken our laws, but are being cruelly punished and their children terrified by being separated from their parents for no good or legal reason whatsoever.

If families or the parents of refugee families fleeing violence or other persecution need to be detained while their cases are being considered, they should be detained together. This new enforcement of the policy of separating innocent children from their parents and frequently sending them hundreds of miles away is not acceptable. It is immoral, and shameful.

And you know, regardless of whether or not the parents are attempting to gain illegal entry, one wrong does not excuse another. Regardless of their parents' intentions and status, the children are innocent. Using the threat of separation against their parents is morally repugnant, cruel, inhumane, and inexcusable. It punishes the most innocent of all most cruelly - the children.

If Jesus were at that border, do you think he would be ripping babies and small children from their parents? Do you think he would be shooting 20 year old young women in the head? Do you think he would discount the almost 1,500 children who cannot be found since they were turned over to the tender mercies of our government?

What would Jesus do? Even if you are not a Christian, think about it. If you are a Christian, remember that Christians are called upon to be the Hands of Christ in the World.

The hands enforcing this hellish measure are not those of Christ.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:54 AM

4,071 posts, read 4,969,374 times
They should have thought of that before they came here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or