U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-30-2018, 11:08 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
6,730 posts, read 1,902,730 times
Reputation: 3420

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Where has the compassion for humanity gone? Just because we now have bigots, big time in the Trump administration and he is the bigot in chief, does not mean we all have to be morally wrong.
Where has the compassion for those who must foot the bill gone? Just because someone tries to steal their way in doesn't mean that we should welcome every intruder or any intruders. We allow over 1million legal immigrants a year, far more than anyone else. Not only do we not owe any more compassion illegals to, we simply can't afford it.

 
Old 05-31-2018, 04:16 AM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
16,475 posts, read 33,447,811 times
Reputation: 15211
Let's address and solve our problem with our homeless veterans and others, before taking in "refugees" who aren't truly refugees.

And imo Americans are willing to do all jobs, but they don't feel welcome to work where there are already tons of Haitians and Hispanics speaking their native tongue. And also, those employers should be paying higher wages for those jobs, instead of taking advantage of those refugees, new immigrants and illegals.
 
Old 05-31-2018, 05:04 AM
 
204 posts, read 375,431 times
Reputation: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Where has the compassion for humanity gone? Just because we now have bigots, big time in the Trump administration and he is the bigot in chief, does not mean we all have to be morally wrong.
Do you want to pay more taxes for illegal immigrants?
your fine with illegal immigrants getting free college and grants, while your kids are drowning in student loan debt?
Should illegals get free healthcare while the average American can't even afford an doctor?
Should your kids have a crappy education because the schools are stretched thin teaching illegal immigrant kids english?
We have legal immigrants who learn the language and got proper citizenship to come over.



Please do your home work before you cry that people are racists.
 
Old 05-31-2018, 09:21 AM
 
3,002 posts, read 886,524 times
Reputation: 2358
Parents are arrested and thrown in jail crossing the border illegally, their children are separated as they won't be thrown in jail. This isn't "Trump policy" it's standard procedure.

Asylum seekers are handled accordingly. Turns out most of these people are bogus, and are arrested when they cross illegally. See above.

They don't cross the border illegally and therefore not arrested and children not separated.
 
Old 05-31-2018, 10:43 AM
 
7,648 posts, read 1,764,298 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Things in America were different then, what has changed is our moral compass.
And our benefits system.
 
Old 05-31-2018, 10:45 AM
 
7,648 posts, read 1,764,298 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
We can't take in the entire third world without descending into third world status ourselves.

Loony Leftists can't see past their own noses. Actions have consequences.
 
Old 05-31-2018, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,628 posts, read 1,356,127 times
Reputation: 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Thousands and thousands? I thought the numbers were down. These are people who are presenting themselves to authorities at the border. Thank God my ancestors were not treated so cruelly at Ellis Island.
It is unimaginable, as a mom and grandmother I am ashamed.

People who entered the US thru Ellis Island came to and were granted entry into the US did it legally. People who are waited in line today, and have been for years, for entry into the US are doing it legally.


Illegal Alien along with their liberal open borders surrogates who are advocating for them are not in the same class...period.


As I said in a prior post there are about 200 countries in the world for these people to go to...why only the US...that is a rhetorical question and you really should know the answer...duh
 
Old 05-31-2018, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,628 posts, read 1,356,127 times
Reputation: 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I made this exact point to my trainer this morning (I should really keep politics out of the gym ). It amazes me that leftists are advocating/expressing outrage for ILLEGAL immigrants in a manner that they'd never do for lawbreakers who actually have a right to be in this country. As you allude to, there is no similar outrage when the children of US citizens are separated from their lawbreaking parents who are thrown in jail.
Actually your point is a straw man argument.

Parents can lose control of their children without breaking any criminal laws and sometimes lose their children as a consequence to such things as neglect. Do you have a problem with that?

But let me give an example here...you go into a grocery store and pick up an apple and move on and pick up an orange....do you notice a difference in the two? Comparing legal Aliens and American citizens are like that those two products. Apple and oranges.
 
Old 05-31-2018, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,628 posts, read 1,356,127 times
Reputation: 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Actually they are trying to manipulate the system. They had opportunities to seek asylum in other countries on the way to the USA, but they wanted the USA and only the USA. They endangered their children by doing so.

100% agreement and they know open border liberals are waiting with open arms to assist them.
 
Old 05-31-2018, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,357 posts, read 79,541,504 times
Reputation: 38690
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Where has the compassion for humanity gone? Just because we now have bigots, big time in the Trump administration and he is the bigot in chief, does not mean we all have to be morally wrong.
so we should just let these kids and or families, mostly from central America come to our country illegally, allow them to stay or in the case of some families let the rest of the family in because these kids are being separated from their families. Do you realize how much of this also went on under Obama. When a family decides to send their kids to another country or tries to come here illegally they know what the outcome could be. I blame them, not Trump or any other president for trying to protect our country. We should come first, not those who are citizens of other countries. And just to add one more thing, I am known as a passionate person with feelings and my heart goes out to them. What my heart does not go out to are the families that are responsible for this mess. No I am not a bigot in anyway, nor am I a bleeding heart liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top