U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2018, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38641

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Shooting on sight has arrived. Case in point the beautiful 20 year old lady, what did they say, she was a forensic scientist. No matter what her education was, she was human being. Shot in the head by a border patrol officer. Trump is making our country into a war zone and he needs to be charged with crimes against humanity. Enough is enough with his hateful bigotry.
your reasoning would be funny if it wasn't so far fetched. Now it is his fault young and old are trying to come here without going through the proper channels. Give it up for heavens sake.

 
Old 05-31-2018, 02:41 PM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
16,469 posts, read 33,418,786 times
Reputation: 15198
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Shooting on sight has arrived. Case in point the beautiful 20 year old lady, what did they say, she was a forensic scientist. No matter what her education was, she was human being. Shot in the head by a border patrol officer. Trump is making our country into a war zone and he needs to be charged with crimes against humanity. Enough is enough with his hateful bigotry.
If she was so special, why didn't she try to enter the US through proper channels? Sorry, but shoot on sight is fine with me... if they are skulking around our border in a sketchy manner and trying to sneak into the US. As an educated woman, she ought to have known better than to do what she did.

And what was she going to do in the US being an illegal and without proper working papers?

And what do her looks have to do with anything??
 
Old 05-31-2018, 09:51 PM
 
156 posts, read 111,818 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I made this exact point to my trainer this morning (I should really keep politics out of the gym ). It amazes me that leftists are advocating/expressing outrage for ILLEGAL immigrants in a manner that they'd never do for lawbreakers who actually have a right to be in this country. As you allude to, there is no similar outrage when the children of US citizens are separated from their lawbreaking parents who are thrown in jail.
These kids are being temporarily separated from their parents. If only leftists indulged in such handwringing and outrage over the American parents who were permanently separated from their kids who were murdered by illegals. Iím just so sick of the hypocrisy.

I donít like this either, really. But, weíve got to stop this circus that is the non-enforcement of our immigration laws. Also, where can our citizens who live in violent circumstances go to claim asylum? We have victims of domestic violence and people targeted by gangs who live in fear of their lives. Can they go South and crash their borders and claim asylum? Letís bus a few thousand people from Chicago down to Mexico or Central America to ask for asylum because they face violence every day. Iím sure that would go over.
 
Old 06-01-2018, 09:00 PM
 
603 posts, read 263,027 times
Reputation: 1772
I am a legal immigrant who now has US citizenship.
I paid $$$$ for mine.
I do not recommend this country for any immigrant from anywhere. It is racially divided and if you are a person of color (brown, black) you will not be considered equal in this country ever. People hate you just for not being white.
 
Old 06-01-2018, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
15,575 posts, read 9,650,106 times
Reputation: 34371
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/4...lly-looks-like

Yep, that's exactly the purpose of the policy. But why in the world is this a bad thing to leftists??

The way I look at it, these "asylum" seekers from Honduras and other countries aren't truly seeking to keep their children from being killed by gangs, etc. No, they are looking for cushy benefits and a better life (can't really blame them) from the United States. If they were truly looking for safety, they'd stop and apply for asylum in the first/closest country where they didn't face such a risk, which is NOT the United States. Again, I can't fault people for trying to better their lives, but we cannot help everybody, and I'm particularly not interested in helping those who pass by safe countries (including safe cities within countries) en route to the United States claiming that they need "asylum."

What really frustrated me were reports that "asylum" seekers were being told to present themselves as such (despite not truly being in such a situation) as it increased their chances of not being turned around at the border and getting to stay. Well, enough is enough. I thank President Trump for having the courage to do the tough, but necessary things to prevent this fraud from infiltrating the United States.



If you want to boil down the differences between Trumpees and we , on the left, simply read the post above. It spells it out perfectly.


We see these folks as living , breathing human beings,who have the same hopes and dreams all of us have, for them and their families. They see them as sub human. No compassion, no concern at all for them or their little children. I'm convinced some of us would be happy if they lined up these immigrants and shot all of them dead.


Really gives you faith in the human race, doesn't it ? Animals are more caring than some of us are.
 
Old 06-01-2018, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert, AZ
2,838 posts, read 1,163,727 times
Reputation: 6056
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJuly View Post
I am a legal immigrant who now has US citizenship.
I paid $$$$ for mine.
I do not recommend this country for any immigrant from anywhere. It is racially divided and if you are a person of color (brown, black) you will not be considered equal in this country ever. People hate you just for not being white.
AFAIK you are not being held captive and are free to go to where ever you think would be better. If it is such a bad place, why does the US have a massive illegal immigration problem?
 
Old 06-01-2018, 10:28 PM
 
11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Reputation: 9863
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If you want to boil down the differences between Trumpees and we , on the left, simply read the post above. It spells it out perfectly.


We see these folks as living , breathing human beings,who have the same hopes and dreams all of us have, for them and their families. They see them as sub human. No compassion, no concern at all for them or their little children. I'm convinced some of us would be happy if they lined up these immigrants and shot all of them dead.


Really gives you faith in the human race, doesn't it ? Animals are more caring than some of us are.
By your own admission, you live in a gated community. How would you like to have a flophouse next door with 15-20 illegal aliens living in it?

There are many people who didn't vote for Trump who are unhappy that there are millions of illegal aliens living in this country.



Until you've seen your own neighborhood and schools devastated by illegal aliens, you won't understand the magnitude of this problem. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I, most likely, wouldn't have been fully aware of the extent of the devastation.

You, apparently, don't know anyone who has lost his/her livelihood due to illegal immigration. Many people in the construction industries have lost their livelihoods because they couldn't compete against sleazy contractors who hire illegal aliens and pay them under the table. Honest contractors who pay a decent wage, pay their taxes and offer safe working conditions can't compete with sleazy ones. More often than not, cheap labor amounts to shoddy work.

You are deliberately blurring the line between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. The former obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited (sometimes for many years) to get permission to come here. If you took the time to talk to legal immigrants, you will find that illegal immigration makes them very angry---and rightly so.

If you are so "caring", then why haven't you moved several illegal aliens into your home? I'm guessing that you talk the talk but won't walk the walk.

BTW, we can't take in the entire third world without descending into third world status ourselves. Is that what you want for your grandchildren? I know that I want better for them than that.
 
Old 06-02-2018, 07:51 AM
 
5,644 posts, read 3,194,565 times
Reputation: 6627
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
By your own admission, you live in a gated community. How would you like to have a flophouse next door with 15-20 illegal aliens living in it?

There are many people who didn't vote for Trump who are unhappy that there are millions of illegal aliens living in this country.



Until you've seen your own neighborhood and schools devastated by illegal aliens, you won't understand the magnitude of this problem. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I, most likely, wouldn't have been fully aware of the extent of the devastation.

You, apparently, don't know anyone who has lost his/her livelihood due to illegal immigration. Many people in the construction industries have lost their livelihoods because they couldn't compete against sleazy contractors who hire illegal aliens and pay them under the table. Honest contractors who pay a decent wage, pay their taxes and offer safe working conditions can't compete with sleazy ones. More often than not, cheap labor amounts to shoddy work.

You are deliberately blurring the line between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. The former obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited (sometimes for many years) to get permission to come here. If you took the time to talk to legal immigrants, you will find that illegal immigration makes them very angry---and rightly so.

If you are so "caring", then why haven't you moved several illegal aliens into your home? I'm guessing that you talk the talk but won't walk the walk.

BTW, we can't take in the entire third world without descending into third world status ourselves. Is that what you want for your grandchildren? I know that I want better for them than that.
I lived in a gated community about 30 miles from where don1945 lives. There are a whole LOT of gated communities in SW Florida. "Gated communities" means nothing unless you want to drive into one. Walk through some bushes? You can get inside.

Flop Houses? Have you ever heard of Grow Houses? That is what you have in SW Florida, and not very far away from some very nice communities. Cars coming and going at all times of the day and night to these houses. I am sure Don knows what I mean. Are these "customers" all illegals too?

Illegals taking away jobs? How about citizens IN other countries taking your job away? IT and offshoring. The person does not actually even need to be physically present in the country to take away your job. This happened to my husband three times. What immigrant, legal or not?
 
Old 06-02-2018, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Metro Washington DC
12,553 posts, read 18,926,430 times
Reputation: 7195
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJuly View Post
I am a legal immigrant who now has US citizenship.
I paid $$$$ for mine.
I do not recommend this country for any immigrant from anywhere. It is racially divided and if you are a person of color (brown, black) you will not be considered equal in this country ever. People hate you just for not being white.

That is false. The majority do not treat you like that. Yes, there are a minority of people who will do that.
 
Old 06-02-2018, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38641
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJuly View Post
I am a legal immigrant who now has US citizenship.
I paid $$$$ for mine.
I do not recommend this country for any immigrant from anywhere. It is racially divided and if you are a person of color (brown, black) you will not be considered equal in this country ever. People hate you just for not being white.
Have you thought of returning to your native country? And have you talked to those who are glad they are part of America, who are proud to be able to live in this country and are glad they choose to live here? I am thinking you are very biased and that is too bad. Not all here from other countries would agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top