Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 06:53 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Anybody can ask for asylum, but there is very strict criteria for that. If that criteria is not met, then those lying about "running from danger" are nothing but criminals trying to sneak into our country illegally.

Nothing sociopathic about wanting folks to obey laws. In fact, thinking the law doesn't apply to you is a sign of being a sociopath.
Majority of those turn out not to meet criteria for refugee status, they then choose to break the law and are treated accordingly. Please stop spreading lies.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:56 AM

36,482 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They have asked for and seeking asylum after running from danger. There is nothing illegal about that...derp derp!

It's sociopathic!! And only a sociopath does not recognize sociopathy when it stares them in the face.

Trump, Sessions and their cohorts deserve to be drawn and quartered for crimes against humanity.

Just as we have laws and procedures and quotas (which we have not enforced) for immigration we have laws/procedures and quotas for asylum. These people now showing up at the boarder seeking asylum did not follow procedure derp.... derp. No its not illegal to show up at port of entry seeking asylum but that does not mean we have to accept you. Just with legal immigration many deserving individuals have followed procedure and have been waiting their turn to be accepted as refugees and just like with illegal immigration other think they can skip line, come across the border with no consequences.

They are not running from danger, they are running to hand outs. Refugees are atomically given food, housing, employment, counseling and medial assistance.
Most are turned away or denied because they do not meet the requirements for refugees: any person outside of the U.S. that is of special humanitarian concern to the U.S. and “has a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.”
Now tell me how peoples from Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico are persecuted by government or rebels due to their race. Their religion. Nationality. Membership in a particular group, political even?

The quota is 50K refugees for 2017 which is lower than in previous years. Most coming from war torn countries like Syria, Somalia, Burma where people have suffered military oppressive governments, civil war, murder, homelessness, persecution.
An article interview with one woman with children seeking asylum at the border sited domestic violence as a reason she needed to come to the US. So we are the ones who are sociopaths for denying this woman asylum with its free housing, medical, food stamps, education etc. because she married an abusive man? And we are sociopaths for arresting her and treating her as we do citizens who break the law if she tries to smuggle her children over the border illegally?

Old 06-05-2018, 07:00 AM

36,482 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
You are parroting right wing rhetoric. It is not illegal to seek asylum and while the case is being investigated you DONT RIP KIDS AWAY from their mothers It's a ****ing no brainer if one is a human being that can withstand DNA testing to prove that they are in fact human.
And that is NOT what is happening. Those coming to port of entry seeking asylum are not separated. Those crossing illegally with children are breaking the law, thus arrested, thus their children are separated from them. Just like what happens to the rest of us who are arrested. We don't take our kids to jail with us.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:54 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,233 times
Quote:
SOCIOPATHIC!!! Children should not be ripped from their mothers while the process is unfolding. SADISTIC...own it!

Tax dollars are paying private contractors to warehouse babies in closed Walmart stores and not allowing inspections. SOCIOPATHIC and CORRUPT!!!!!

Save the Fetus/Screw the Child!!!
STHU . These LOSERS are engaged in Mexican baby waving, it's used to gain sympathy with clueless and STOOOPID Liberals, apparently it worked on you. You fell for it !!!

Do you feel sorry for American criminals that are jailed and fictionally "ripped" apart from their children ?? What a CLUELESS hypocrite sap some people are !!!

Old 06-06-2018, 08:58 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/4...lly-looks-like

Yep, that's exactly the purpose of the policy. But why in the world is this a bad thing to leftists??

The way I look at it, these "asylum" seekers from Honduras and other countries aren't truly seeking to keep their children from being killed by gangs, etc. No, they are looking for cushy benefits and a better life (can't really blame them) from the United States. If they were truly looking for safety, they'd stop and apply for asylum in the first/closest country where they didn't face such a risk, which is NOT the United States. Again, I can't fault people for trying to better their lives, but we cannot help everybody, and I'm particularly not interested in helping those who pass by safe countries (including safe cities within countries) en route to the United States claiming that they need "asylum."

What really frustrated me were reports that "asylum" seekers were being told to present themselves as such (despite not truly being in such a situation) as it increased their chances of not being turned around at the border and getting to stay. Well, enough is enough. I thank President Trump for having the courage to do the tough, but necessary things to prevent this fraud from infiltrating the United States.
This is a despicable action that even Trump calls horrible. The fact that you are supporting it and trying to find justification for it despite what Trump said makes one wonder what kind of person you truly are.

I have no words for people like you, but will take the action of silencing you.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:07 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
STHU . These LOSERS are engaged in Mexican baby waving, it's used to gain sympathy with clueless and STOOOPID Liberals, apparently it worked on you. You fell for it !!!

Do you feel sorry for American criminals that are jailed and fictionally "ripped" apart from their children ?? What a CLUELESS hypocrite sap some people are !!!
These people are asylum seekers, do you think they really want to risk their lives coming to the US if they truly have a choice in their own country? As a former asylum seeker myself, I'm appalled by some of the posters on this thread and truly am embarrassed for my American countrymen and women.

...On second thought, don't bother responding because you too are silenced.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:56 PM

22,443 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
These people are asylum seekers, do you think they really want to risk their lives coming to the US if they truly have a choice in their own country? As a former asylum seeker myself, I'm appalled by some of the posters on this thread and truly am embarrassed for my American countrymen and women.

If they were truly "asylum seekers", then they would have asked Mexico for asylum instead of dragging their kids hundreds of miles and risking their safety.

We all know why they want the US---it's for the freebies.

I, for one, am glad that the US is changing how they handle these bogus asylum claims. In the past, they just released them and gave them a court date. No surprise that over 90% of them failed to show up when the court date came around.

It's long past time that we stopped letting those with bogus asylum claims take advantage of us. I, for one, am proud that the US is getting tough and saying enough is enough. It's sad that you are "ashamed" that lawbreakers and con artists are being stopped from pulling this nonsense.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:05 PM

1,066 posts, read 628,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post

Theres only enough freedom in America for our real citizens, I cannot support asylum seekers from other countries anymore. 95% of them do not need it, and well they ruin it for the other 5%. I really hope Mexico gets billed for all the deported and other countries as well. I have no sympathy and I never will. I served my nation for our citizens, not anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.