Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 03:17 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times

Advertisements

A foreign national adult enters the United States illegally. Soon he and another illegal alien (maybe his wife, maybe not) have a child on U.S. soil. By current interpretation of law, the child is a U.S. citizen because he was born here. But the parents are not.

When the child is 2 years old, ICE officers find the parents are illegal aliens, and a judge rules that they must be deported to the country they came from.

What happens to the 2-year-old child?

And whose fault is it?

The illegal alien parents knew before they came in, that they were breaking the law and were subject to be deported for it, by law. Yet they decided to have a child on U.S. soil anyway.

Why did they put this new child into such a situation? What were their plans for the child in the event they got caught and deported?

The child is a U.S. citizen, and ICE knows they have no grounds to deport him.

Do the parents take the child with them back to the parent's country? Or do they leave him in the U.S., with relatives or good friends or etc.? It's the parents' choice and no one else's.

If they decide to leave the child in the U.S., who exactly is responsible for "breaking up the family"?

What had the parents planned to do with the child in the event they (the illegal-alien parents) were busted and deported?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 04:37 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
A foreign national adult enters the United States illegally. Soon he and another illegal alien (maybe his wife, maybe not) have a child on U.S. soil. By current interpretation of law, the child is a U.S. citizen because he was born here. But the parents are not.

When the child is 2 years old, ICE officers find the parents are illegal aliens, and a judge rules that they must be deported to the country they came from.

What happens to the 2-year-old child?

And whose fault is it?

The illegal alien parents knew before they came in, that they were breaking the law and were subject to be deported for it, by law. Yet they decided to have a child on U.S. soil anyway.

Why did they put this new child into such a situation? What were their plans for the child in the event they got caught and deported?

The child is a U.S. citizen, and ICE knows they have no grounds to deport him.

Do the parents take the child with them back to the parent's country? Or do they leave him in the U.S., with relatives or good friends or etc.? It's the parents' choice and no one else's.

If they decide to leave the child in the U.S., who exactly is responsible for "breaking up the family"?

What had the parents planned to do with the child in the event they (the illegal-alien parents) were busted and deported?
I worked in Florida schools with children of migrant workers. It might shock you to know that majority of cases Mommy was a US citizen and Daddy was an illegal. Not married. A female US citizen gives birth and her child is a citizen. Who's your Daddy? Deport all of them?

Old 06-04-2018, 05:39 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I worked in Florida schools with children of migrant workers. It might shock you to know that majority of cases Mommy was a US citizen and Daddy was an illegal. Not married. A female US citizen gives birth and her child is a citizen. Who's your Daddy? Deport all of them?
All illegal aliens should be deported, as U.S. law has specified for decades. It doesn't matter which one is a daddy or a mommy.

But the question is, what should happen the the 2-year-old child (a U.S. citizen)?

His two illegal-alien parents knew going in, that they might be busted and deported any time, since that's what the laws of the country say. What did they plan would happen to their child if the parents got busted and deported? And whose fault is it for putting the child in that position, risking "breaking up the family"?

Old 06-04-2018, 07:30 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
If one parent is a US citizen (in your experience Mom) then the child can remain in the US with her. Illegal Dad gets the boot. Mom is a dope for having a child with an illegal but that's not grounds for deportation. But do not be whining about how the family will be separated.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:54 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
I'll note that the child is almost certainly also a citizen of his/her parents' home country. While the parents are free to leave the child in the US with family and/or friends who are US citizens, they are also more than free to take their child with them when they are deported. No one is forcing the "breakup" of the family.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:55 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
All illegal aliens should be deported, as U.S. law has specified for decades. It doesn't matter which one is a daddy or a mommy.

But the question is, what should happen the the 2-year-old child (a U.S. citizen)?

His two illegal-alien parents knew going in, that they might be busted and deported any time, since that's what the laws of the country say. What did they plan would happen to their child if the parents got busted and deported? And whose fault is it for putting the child in that position, risking "breaking up the family"?
So what is your feeling about Russian Anchor Babies born at Trump luxury properties? Neither parents are citizens, but the kids are. You can bet the Parents will eventually get to be citizens once their kids grow up and they petition the Dictator (Maybe Ivanka by then).....

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia...to-us-citizens

Should an adversary of ours be allowed to come here ONLY for the purpose of spewing out their babies and gaining US Citizenship? These families are probably the future spies for Russia.

Unlike many "illegals" these people cannot claim economic hardship, political persecution or other hardships. Not "give me your tired and poor and huddled masses yearning to breathe free", but "give me your Commies, your Oligarchs, your Godless masses yearning to topple the USA and the West".

Old 06-05-2018, 07:18 AM

36,498 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'll note that the child is almost certainly also a citizen of his/her parents' home country. While the parents are free to leave the child in the US with family and/or friends who are US citizens, they are also more than free to take their child with them when they are deported. No one is forcing the "breakup" of the family.
Exactly.
And as to the plan. The plan was they would not be deported. We have been so lax in our immigration enforcement in past years deportation wasn't a threat.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:33 AM

36,498 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So what is your feeling about Russian Anchor Babies born at Trump luxury properties? Neither parents are citizens, but the kids are. You can bet the Parents will eventually get to be citizens once their kids grow up and they petition the Dictator (Maybe Ivanka by then).....

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia...to-us-citizens

Should an adversary of ours be allowed to come here ONLY for the purpose of spewing out their babies and gaining US Citizenship? These families are probably the future spies for Russia.

Unlike many "illegals" these people cannot claim economic hardship, political persecution or other hardships. Not "give me your tired and poor and huddled masses yearning to breathe free", but "give me your Commies, your Oligarchs, your Godless masses yearning to topple the USA and the West".

Apparently Russians like Asian are entering the country legally with passports/visas just before a birth so that their child gains US citizenship. Those south of the border do the same, over staying visas or entering illegally. What the country needs to do is do away with birthright citizenship.

I'm not sure how you believe the government can control what hotel or properties these "tourists" book for their stay or how you believe Trump can stop pregnant coming to the US legally. Every time he tries to limit immigration or put in place a travel ban the outrage begins and he is blocked by every liberal democrat.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:04 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Well the Dems have been dangling the carrot called amnesty for years now and I'm sure that many illegals that have sneaked into the country or overstayed their visas were certain that Hillary was going to win and amnesty was mere months away for them.

The illegal aliens know that they are breaking the law and taking a big chance that they just might be picked up and sent packing someday but until then they will live their lives "in the shadows".

The only difference between these law breakers and domestic law breakers is that the illegals have the option to take their kids with them unlike citizens that break the law and go to prison and can only see their kids during visiting hours.

Maybe we need a nation wide public service announcement that if you are illegal it is only a matter of time before you are picked up and deported. If I hoped in my car and sped all through my town I would expect to be stopped by the Police and given a ticket. I would not expect leniency for breaking the law so why should these illegal aliens expect anything but deportation.

The problem is they have all been lied to by the Democrats.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:05 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,829,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Maybe we need a nation wide public service announcement that if you are illegal it is only a matter of time before you are picked up and deported.

Trump has this covered already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration