Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 03:59 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Oh yes ... they have no business rioting and destroying peoples property and just running amuck ... oh wait, oops
It's very clear that you have no idea of the devastation caused to neighborhoods and schools by illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 04:47 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
So the corporation invaded our country? The corporation stole a Social Security number? The corporation committed multiple frauds in the hiring process (mail fraud, electronic fraud, etc and so forth)??

How in the HELL are they "equal"?

Stop shilling for these invader-thieves.
Huh? If anyone is adamantly against illegal immigration it's me. As I said, both the employers and their illegal hires are equally guilty of breaking the law and that's just a fact.

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-07-2018 at 05:00 PM..

Old 06-07-2018, 04:59 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
This statement drives me insane because its buying into the fake news propaganda. There is a huge massive and fundamental difference between take and give... if I take your car I've committed felony theft if you give me your car you did it of your own free will. Mexicans do not steal jobs it is impossible for someone to take/steal a job!

A position of employment must be given to you by an employer. You cannot take steel or abscond with a position of employment...Propagandists and all the most successful Liars know that a small Twist of the truth and word swapping is the most effective way to fool your audience. The simple swap of a very important fundamental term in this case steal/ take or give/ bestow is the fundamental difference in this propagandist argument. The propagandists want you to blame the foreign worker when you really should be focusing on the corrupt corporation and the lack of enforcement of current American law causing American jobs to bleed out of this country....that and of course the much vilified Free Trade Agreements are the reason that Americans are losing their quality of life not the presence of illegal labor forces.

I speak Spanish and have worked in the illegal labor trade when I was between jobs although I am a white male it was very easy for me to commiserate communicate and cooperate with these foreign illegal workers and understand their situation. Don't forget with exchange rates the small sums of money these people get paid can exponentially increase in their native country. I know of several cases where an industrial person worked hard and saved their money then retired to their home country with a king's Ransom and although I hate Steven Crowder...(speaking of propagandists) he has made a very good point in this video.

https://youtu.be/Lq4WBOkFNtE
I don't care about semantics.

They shouldn't have any jobs at all.

They didn't come here the legal way

If they are employed they are taking the job away from a legal citizen, period.

End of story.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:07 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post

I speak Spanish and have worked in the illegal labor trade when I was between jobs although I am a white male it was very easy for me to commiserate communicate and cooperate with these foreign illegal workers and understand their situation. Don't forget with exchange rates the small sums of money these people get paid can exponentially increase in their native country. I know of several cases where an industrial person worked hard and saved their money then retired to their home country with a king's Ransom and although I hate Steven Crowder...(speaking of propagandists) he has made a very good point in this video.

https://youtu.be/Lq4WBOkFNtE

So you've worked with illegals? So, you've run into some of the attitude seen in this video also I imagine. I'm a plumber and have seen it quite a bit. They make nearly 60,000 a year tax free. Not too shabby. Some use benefits offered here also, makes for a decent living.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq4WBOkFNtE

They make pretty good money on the street corner laboring contrary to what most people are saying. Like you've stated, they have no intention of staying here and becoming Americans, they just want to make money.

Looks like Ice is going after more businesses and contractors now. That should make a difference.

The worst are the farmers. Those jobs are the worst for the illegals too. It's very abusive and dangerous atmosphere.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The bottom line is that both the employers and their illegal hires are equally guilty of breaking the law and stealing jobs from Americans. No one forces these illegals over the border to work here and they know what they are doing is wrong. Otherwise, it's claiming that only the bank robber is guilty but not the person driving the get-away car.

Why should Americans work for less than a fair wage to compete with illegal aliens who don't even have a right to be in our country? There is no job that an American won't do for a fair wage. Illegal aliens also send billions out of our country back to their homelands not spent in our economy while their employers pass their enormous social costs onto the taxpayer. There is no defense for having illegal aliens in our country.....none whatsoever! They have no right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them.
For the most part illegals are paid exactly the same wage as citizens, and employers withhold payroll taxes from their wages. The problem is that employers KNOW they are hiring people with fake credentials and they get away with it, because no one wants to go after the employers, agra, construction and the chamber of commerce would withhold campaign contributions from any legislator pushing for harsh penalties for employers.

So..why would an employer hire an illegal rather than a citizen?

Citizens do not want temporary agricultural work, they can't support their family working the crops for 6 weeks at a time, but the biggest reason is that illegals don't complain, they don't report industrial accidents, they will work without bathroom breaks and are willing to work more than 40 hours a week without getting overtime.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
So you've worked with illegals? So, you've run into some of the attitude seen in this video also I imagine. I'm a plumber and have seen it quite a bit. They make nearly 60,000 a year tax free. Not too shabby. Some use benefits offered here also, makes for a decent living.

They make pretty good money on the street corner laboring contrary to what most people are saying. Like you've stated, they have no intention of staying here and becoming Americans, they just want to make money.

Looks like Ice is going after more businesses and contractors now. That should make a difference.

The worst are the farmers. Those jobs are the worst for the illegals too. It's very abusive and dangerous atmosphere.
Give me a break, I know citizens who are plumbers and they don't make 60k a year. For the most part large contractors hire citizens, it's the handyman unlicensed contractor who picks up their help in the Home Depot parking lot.

And you say they have no intention of becoming Americans? Once they enter the US illegally they can't apply for citizenship no matter how badly they want it. If you are here illegally you can't apply for citizenship.

You can't get welfare benefits unless you are a citizen so that claim of yours is utterly false.

What contractors is ICE going after? I'd like to know more about that.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
So the corporation invaded our country? The corporation stole a Social Security number? The corporation committed multiple frauds in the hiring process (mail fraud, electronic fraud, etc and so forth)??

How in the HELL are they "equal"?

Stop shilling for these invader-thieves.
Contractors are the magnet. They hire illegals without any fear of consequences. They know a fake ID when they are offered one, but they hire these people anyway. You want to stop illegal entry into the US, start putting employers who hire them in jail

Old 06-07-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Pull over a bus-load of illegals working at the Tyson chicken plant causing production problems and.....by lunch-time the company is going to be burning a hole in the ear of the governor, senator(s) etc.

By the next day, the commander in the area will have a size 11 up his backside and will make sure the rank and file don't do it again.
BINGO! you nailed it and it's been going on since the 80's, everyone knows it but pretends it's not happening because those campaign contributions from Tyson, Armor, Perdue and Cargill are too lucrative to give up.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:16 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And you say they have no intention of becoming Americans? Once they enter the US illegally they can't apply for citizenship no matter how badly they want it. If you are here illegally you can't apply for citizenship.

You can't get welfare benefits unless you are a citizen so that claim of yours is utterly false.

Sure you can. If you're illegal but have kids that are citizens you can get all kinds of welfare. Do you think the illegal parents don't live under the roof supplied for the kids or eat their share from the food stamps awarded for the kids? And there are publicly supported hospitals and clinics that do not turn away illegals.

They can apply for citizenship by marrying a citizen. Yes I know there are inadmissibility provisions for being here illegally and you must apply outside the country but they aren't stupid. They know to claim they've never been here.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Sure you can. If you're illegal but have kids that are citizens you can get all kinds of welfare. Do you think the illegal parents don't live under the roof supplied for the kids or eat their share from the food stamps awarded for the kids? And there are publicly supported hospitals and clinics that do not turn away illegals.
Illegals can get treatment in emergency rooms under EMTALA, they cannot get medicaid or subsidized health insurance. Yes they can get benefits for their kids but if you think that an entire family can feed themselves on the food stamps that one or two kids get you probably should go look that up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
They can apply for citizenship by marrying a citizen. Yes I know there are inadmissibility provisions for being here illegally and you must apply outside the country but they aren't stupid. They know to claim they've never been here.
"Whether the immigrant can "adjust status" -- that is, apply for a green card without leaving the United States -- depends on whether he or she fits into one of a few narrow exceptions. The immigrant can adjust status only if he or she either: legally entered the U.S. with a visa or after inspection by an immigration officer (and wasn't just using the visa with the intention of applying for a green card based on marriage, which happens to be visa fraud) and is either marrying a U.S. citizen or still on a valid visa, or
had a visa petition or labor certification filed for him or her several years ago when a law called "245(i)" was still in force.
If, however, the immigrant entered the United States by unlawful means, such as having been a stowaway or crossing over the border through a fence, adjustment of status is not an option. The only possibility is to apply for the green card through "consular processing," meaning the immigrant will attend an interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate in his or her home country. That, however, carries a risk of not being allowed back into the U.S. for many years -- three years if the period of unlawful presence was 180 days or more, and ten years if the period of unlawful stay was one year or more. " Can an Illegal Immigrant Get a Green Card By Marriage To U.S. Citizen or Resident? - AllLaw.com So basically there is no reasonable means by which a person in this country without authorization can become a citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration