U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:31 AM

7,731 posts, read 11,943,900 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Locals Crack Down on Illegal Immigration

Quote:
HOUSTON (AP) - Mayra Figueroa _ a naturalized U.S. citizen, community organizer and licensed driver _ had no reason to fear being arrested, no need to worry about deported.

Then she was pulled over by a Houston police officer, who told her he found it suspicious that a Latina was driving a late-model car.
[Moderator Cut: Copyright violation]

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-29-2008 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 07:03 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
More and more of the 'law of unintended consequences' at work here-------even since those idiots flew the Mexican, etc. flags at the illegal immigrants 'rights' rallies 2 years ago.

The above rallies were basically our '9-11/Pearl Harbor' in waking up the American people.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:34 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
More and more of the 'law of unintended consequences' at work here-------even since those idiots flew the Mexican, etc. flags at the illegal immigrants 'rights' rallies 2 years ago.

The above rallies were basically our '9-11/Pearl Harbor' in waking up the American people.
She should have sued for discrimination.
Then she was pulled over by a Houston police officer, who told her he found it suspicious that a Latina was driving a late-model car.
He did not think a Latina could afford to drive a late model car?

Old 03-29-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
She should have sued for discrimination.
He did not think a Latina could afford to drive a late model car?
I hate to pop your bubble; but, 30+ years ago I was subject to 'profiling' due to being a generic White guy with long hair and a beard.

I was pissed but; thinking back on it, looking at so many boneheads in my generation--------I now understand why the 'Man' hassled me.

Oh well.

As far as I am concerned: I have zero problem with so-called 'racial profiling'---------it is a legit law enforcement tool

Old 03-30-2008, 07:31 AM

9,598 posts, read 9,467,492 times
If there were no illegal aliens, these mistakes would not occur. Without illegal aliens, LEGAL latinos can walk around without having to worry about people assuming they are illegal. Getting rid of the illegals is the best thing we can do for the legal hispanic community.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
If there were no illegal aliens, these mistakes would not occur. Without illegal aliens, LEGAL latinos can walk around without having to worry about people assuming they are illegal. Getting rid of the illegals is the best thing we can do for the legal hispanic community.
Yeppers.

Besides: I have known of several 'Anglos' who looked stereotypically Mestizo who have caught flak for their appearance.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:42 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Nonsense, why do legal latinos have to suffer because of the inability of the federal government to secure it's borders?

Why don't you blame the government who allowed them to come in and the people who hire them??

Old 03-30-2008, 07:43 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I hate to pop your bubble; but, 30+ years ago I was subject to 'profiling' due to being a generic White guy with long hair and a beard.

I was pissed but; thinking back on it, looking at so many boneheads in my generation--------I now understand why the 'Man' hassled me.

Oh well.

As far as I am concerned: I have zero problem with so-called 'racial profiling'---------it is a legit law enforcement tool
Off course you don't have a problem with it because you are white.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:01 AM

9,598 posts, read 9,467,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nonsense, why do legal latinos have to suffer because of the inability of the federal government to secure it's borders?

Why don't you blame the government who allowed them to come in and the people who hire them??
Oh, I absolutely do. I wasn't blaming only the aliens. I think there is plenty of blame to go around. Where we place the blame is really inconsequential to the sentiment I was making. When people see an immigrant from Nigeria, or India, or just about anywhere, they dont automatically assume they are illegal. There are SO MANY illegal Mexicans that, right or wrong, people assume they ARE illegal when they see them. I think this is very sad. I wish it were different. It will never be different until we clear the country of illegal aliens. Then legal Mexican immigrants can proudly walk around and be looked upon like their Nigerian counterparts. That is why getting rid of the illegals is the best thing we can do for the LEGAL latino population.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Off course you don't have a problem with it because you are white.
For the record; 'racial profiling' can go both ways.

Jesse Jackson was allegedly quoted as saying one time he heard the sounds of people running toward him, turned around and realized that the above were White whereupon he relaxed.

Smells like 'anti Black' racial profiling to me--------or, was that just common sense on Jackson's part?

You decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or