Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 11:17 AM

20,703 posts, read 8,472,156 times

Advertisements

Here are FACTS not feeeeeeeelings. DHS Sec Nielsen gave the presstitutes a good spanking. They were whining like the toddlers they are. More than ever you can see that most are not journalists, but left wing political activists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1exA8ik5QI&t=1s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 11:28 AM

11,673 posts, read 5,696,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why should Canada take them? What makes you think Mexico is safe? Seems like there are lots of folks here dancing as fast as they can trying to give Trump cover for what is probably the worst policy he has implemented since he was sworn in.
2sleepy - why can't they stay in Mexico? Why travel across that country to get here? Here's part of the answer:

If you immigrate to Mexico, Article 32 states you must speak Spanish and must be a professional who is useful to the Mexican society.

Mexico got something right!

Old 06-19-2018, 12:09 PM

3,570 posts, read 2,510,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Here are FACTS not feeeeeeeelings. DHS Sec Nielsen gave the presstitutes a good spanking. They were whining like the toddlers they are. More than ever you can see that most are not journalists, but left wing political activists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1exA8ik5QI&t=1s
It is disappointing that so many Americans are supplicant to fascists from their party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I welcome you to send a check to your representative to offset those of us who don't want to pay for illegals - start a go fund me acct - open your home to them - but do something besides complaining about the lack of others support.
Immigrants are positive for the US economy, including unlawful immigrants. Many unlawful immigrants pay taxes. Want them to pay more? Legalize their status. If unlawful immigrants are made lawful, agricultural and other employers won't be able to take advantage of them and there won't be an undercutting of lawful labor. There will be less incentive to immigrate for unskilled jobs if those jobs are no longer available at exploitative wages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
If 2000 children aren't a problem then I invite the Canadians to take care of them.
There was no justifiable reason for the parents of those children to endanger them needlessly. Just imagine the drama of dragging those children the length of Mexico, when Mexico could have provided them refuge.
I agree that simply separating the children to to legal status isn't the answer. I also believe that any parent who willingly and intentionally endangers their child in hopes of gaining extra freebies, need to be evaluated, they might not be fit parents.
Perhaps you should focus on the US government removing children from their parents, putting children in cages, and having no plan to reunite those children with their parents. It is an atrocity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm so sick of people whining and gnashing their teeth over this issue. I'm seriously FED UP.

If you don't want your children separated from you, DON'T SNEAK OVER THE BORDER.

If you don't want to be treated like the criminal that YOU ARE, don't commit the crime of sneaking into the United States.

I am so sick of these trashy, functionally illiterate people coming into our country and taking advantage of our generosity. This applies to any and all bums who come into this country, legally or illegally, who then latch onto the American taxpayer's teat. Deport them ALL.
How quickly Republicans have moved on from frothing about government overreach when Obama and Democrats passed the ACA to licking the boots of a Republican separating children from their parents and putting children in cages.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
It is disappointing that so many Americans are supplicant to fascists from their party.

Perhaps you should focus on the US government removing children from their parents, putting children in cages, and having no plan to reunite those children with their parents. It is an atrocity.
Your first comment was in response to the press briefing with Sec. Nielsen but you forgot to refute the facts she gave. It's a shame Loony Leftists areso easily emotionally manipulated by corrupt Dems with an agenda to get more votes.

If a parent took his child on a hike in the desert with no water and they had to be rescued by authorities, that child would likely be removed by Child Protective Services. Plenty of kids are removed from bad parents. You would think my local school puts kids in cages because they have similar chain link enclosures when they play outside. It's for their own safety as there are a lot of pedophiles in the area as well as criminals who would love to go 'shopping' after school.

Let's not forget that of the 12000 illegals in these detention centers, 10,000 of them are unaccompanied minors. I agree that they should be with their parents so why aren't we deporting them?

Old 06-19-2018, 12:53 PM

Someone spotted something in the propaganda video of children crying "Mommy!" "Daddy!" Why aren't they speaking Spanish? Fake News.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:07 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,725,412 times
Can we all start getting into arguments about how our government can treat our own citizens better?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:04 PM

Turn on Fox now. Laura Ingraham of The Angle is on the border now till 11pm ET/8pm PT.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:00 PM

1,059 posts, read 827,494 times
Quote:
Turn on Fox now. Laura Ingraham of The Angle is on the border now till 11pm ET/8pm PT.
I am watching now. How about the father she interviewed whose son was brutally murdered by an illegal alien who has disappeared, and is accused of killing another man In Mexico? Talk about a permanent separation.

We should all listen to the border patrol agents who are working on the borders instead of politicians and talk show hosts spewing accusations they are Nazis. This is worse than disgusting. The world is watching while our country is practically in a civil war over this, instead of showing that we are a sovereign nation that has the right to allow or disallow those illegally crossing our borders.

Why don't those really seeking asylum go to the US Consulate in their countries?

The immigration lawyer (Gloria Valdes) on Ingram's show who is of Mexican descent, lives on the border and represents asylum seekers, is calling foul. She has visited where the 2,000 children are being kept and said they are fine.

The more this goes on, the more this is becoming yet another political non-story.

Why aren't we talking about the thousands of American children living in squalor and abject poverty right here in our own country? Because this newest media-driven crisis is politics as usual.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:08 PM

42,783 posts, read 26,085,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
The immigration lawyer (Gloria Valdes) on Ingram's show who is of Mexican descent, lives on the border and represents asylum seekers, is calling foul. She has visited where the 2,000 children are being kept and said they are doing well.
I don't know if you have children, but if you do and someone grabbed your kids and took them from you and put them in a detention center and fed them well and gave them clean clothes and toys do you really think that would mean they are OK? You don't think they would feel lost and abandoned, and that it might take years for them to get over that?

I swear to God I cannot understand how a person can be so in love with Trump that they will struggle to make excuses for taking babies from their mothers.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:14 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,851,991 times
Quote:
Someone spotted something in the propaganda video of children crying "Mommy!" "Daddy!" Why aren't they speaking Spanish? Fake News.
Oh, come on. The sobbing children were speaking Spanish, crying "Mama! Papa!" - a translator used the terms "Mommy" and "Daddy".

It appears you are unable to distinguish small children's voices from that of an adult - the translator.

Or, on the other hand, if you - or "someone" - are attempting to deliberately mislead, this disingenuous effort is unlikely to persuade anyone who took the trouble to listen to the tape - not a video, a sound tape - himself or herself.

Actually, that heartbreaking tape has been played over and over again, so it's hard to see how anyone with the slightest interest in this deplorable situation could have avoided hearing it. Unless, of course, you are referring to an actual video.

There are a few videos out there, showing older kids - all boys, oddly enough, where are the little girls and older girls?? - some of whom might speak a little English, since these boys are old enough to have studied it in school - and since they are actual unaccompanied minors, who may have been held for some time, it's likely they might have picked up some rudimentary English by osmosis. However, I have not seen any videos of the older kids in which they are crying either "Mama! Papa!", or "Mommy! Daddy!"

So which is it, PilgrimsProgress? A sound tape - or an actual video? If it's the latter, do let us know where it can be seen, okay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration