Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 10:56 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I was just about to post that. Let's all go to articles and forums and post the info to inform the Loonies.

Unfortunately, I don't believe it phases them. They have an agenda, anything they can attack Trump over they will. They ignore when actual facts are presented. I've posted that article in a couple of threads on Twitter, no response, one of which I posted hours ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 11:20 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Unfortunately, I don't believe it phases them. They have an agenda, anything they can attack Trump over they will. They ignore when actual facts are presented. I've posted that article in a couple of threads on Twitter, no response, one of which I posted hours ago.

I heard that the MSM spent about 10 minutes on children being held in cages during the Obama administration and now its seem like 24/7. Not because of the children so much as it is a hate Trump agenda. These children are being used by the left.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:01 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
You are correct. Obama was not applying the law and consequences as they exist for breaking the law, that is entering the country illegally.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:17 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The law allows for separation but of course it is not a popular thing to do as we have been seeing and hearing from the sobbing talking heads from the Lefty media.

It is a zero tolerance policy that Trump is enforcing and it is easily thwarted by the illegal aliens. If they do not want to be separated from their kids then don't enter the US illegally.

What is strange is how we never heard anything about these detention centers when Obama was President. We did hear about the surge of unaccompanied minors that were entering the country illegally. Why doesn't anyone point out that the parents of these kids were willingly giving them up to make the dangerous journey on their own? At least now the kids are well taken care of with a safe place to live, sleep, play, they have food to eat and even classrooms to learn.

The option to separate was always there and Trump is using it to prove a point but it is a mean point that the Left is using and promoting as fuel for the Anti Trump propaganda machine.

I agree and wish Trump had stood by it. I can't believe he backed down.

What I'm wondering is what about our criminals in the US. Let's say you have a dad with a child. Dad is down on his luck and has turned to drug dealing to help provide for his child. He's doing what he has to do to provide for his child. Dad gets caught and goes to jail. Child cries and cries and screams for his daddy. Dad is separated from this child and goes to jail. Sure he was doing what he was doing to help provide for his kid, but you do something illegally, you pay.

We're not sending this dad to a cushy room where he can be with his kid after doing something illegal.

We're expected to treat illegal immigrants humane but not our own criminals....we separate our criminals from their kids and I'm sure on any given day you can video children crying when their parent goes to jail. We can take tons of pics of these kids crying because a parent went to jail. Do we allow the parent to go sit in jail with their kid for the kid's sake?

How are we ever going to slow down these people coming in illegally if we make things so cushy for them and provide for them?

We're going to end up the United States of Mexico.

If you want to come here, do it legally.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:42 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,175,378 times
The news coverage has NOTHING to do with the children. It is ALL about their vitriolic hate for Trump. The libs are just looking for something to hang their hat on.....they sure were silent during the Obama years!

Old 06-20-2018, 05:34 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
The news coverage has NOTHING to do with the children. It is ALL about their vitriolic hate for Trump. The libs are just looking for something to hang their hat on.....they sure were silent during the Obama years!
Speaking of silence, I guess they want to put this under the carpet quickly like the libs and medias did with immigrant children sended by human traffickers back in 2014. https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.27a0f3c33879
Even Snopes said it was true.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/di...n-traffickers/

Old 06-20-2018, 07:26 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,692,493 times
Last night on the news the photo over the children in orange jump suits and another photo were debunked. Then on the news today other aspects of the parents not knowing where their children are taken 'for a bath' where debunked.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ar...nge-jumpsuits/

Another debunked -- Kid was at a protest, not an immigrant.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/toddler-cage-photo/

Old 06-21-2018, 03:08 AM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
Amazing - these people illegally ("it's only a misdemeanor!") sneak across the border, yet three-quarters of the world are crying out over the 'babies being ripped from mothers' arms." Dragging children through South America and Mexico is dangerous child abuse with no regard by the parents for their children's welfare. Rapes, trafficking, etc. are going on during the journey. If these people are fleeing their countries' horrible living conditions, the civilized detention centers should look damn good and safer than from where they escaped.

If these migrants want to keep their children with them, then don't bring them here illegally.

Why don't the "do gooders" focus on the plight of the several million kids living in poverty, without enough food to eat, subpar education system, high crime rate right here? How about the 400,000-plus children in foster care? I shudder to think what those poor children have experienced in their short lives.

This is proof again the grandstanding is political and the hatred of Trump is palpable. I have no doubt the "open border" folks will eventually have their way. They're doing their best to beat down the rest of the common sense citizens.

PS Thank you to the posters (and Snopes) who debunked the media claims.

Last edited by Annie1004; 06-21-2018 at 03:32 AM..

Old 06-21-2018, 03:54 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
HHS rules were so lax during the Obama administration, some children were turned over to human traffickers.

Especially because of Democrats' vile actions and tweets over the past few days, and their support for these actions, it has become abundantly clear the goal needs to be that no Democrat can ever be elected again. I hope they are arrested because of their threats to the border patrol, their children and families, this administration and their children and families.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.ae80beaac8b3

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...an-traffickers

Old 06-21-2018, 09:27 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,009 times
https://youtu.be/JQJlmFqUA8w?t=48
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration