U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 04-06-2008, 05:06 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 5,589,972 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Then that book is based on complete BS. Race has nothing to do with this. It is America's laboring class who's suffering, despite their color.
Read the book yourself and then form an opinion. That is not the only chapter of the book. It is a very interesting read that depicts the cold, hard facts on illegal immigration and how it is affecting the U.S. negatively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-06-2008, 05:12 PM
 
Location: California
1,267 posts, read 72,612 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Read the book yourself and then form an opinion. That is not the only chapter of the book. It is a very interesting read that depicts the cold, hard facts on illegal immigration and how it is affecting the U.S. negatively.
There have been studies upon studies on this issue. I believe it's inconclusive by the fact that economists can't seem to agree with anything on this issue. Even university professors have split on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 05:13 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 5,589,972 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
There have been studies upon studies on this issue. I believe it's inconclusive by the fact that economists can't seem to agree with anything on this issue. Even university professors have split on this issue.
I see the negative effects every day in my city. I don't need studies to prove anything, even though, in terms of that book (and the studies you talk about), prove absolutely true because they are based on actual FACTS and DATA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 05:17 PM
 
Location: California
1,267 posts, read 72,612 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
I see the negative effects every day in my city. I don't need studies to prove anything, even though, in terms of that book (and the studies you talk about), prove absolutely true because they are based on actual FACTS and DATA.
While it may affect your city, we must think about the "bigger picture". Using illegal labor cuts costs and maximizes profits. You have to take into account all this money and subtract it from the total amount of money they use up whether it be social programs to education and many of other things. Since the Government hasn't coughed up anything regarding this, the only data we have was provided by anti-illegal individuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 05:19 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 5,589,972 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
While it may affect your city, we must think about the "bigger picture". Using illegal labor cuts costs and maximizes profits. You have to take into account all this money and subtract it from the total amount of money they use up whether it be social programs to education and many of other things. Since the Government hasn't coughed up anything regarding this, the only data we have was provided by anti-illegal individuals.
Actually, the children of illegal immigrants are costing our education system millions of dollars each year. The only reason American businesses higher illegal immigrants is so they can PAY THEM LESS. I'm providing actual data; you're providing pro-illegal immigration theories and false information that is senseless. Unless someone on here who actually knows what they're talking about wants to discuss this subject then I'm finished for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 05:22 PM
 
Location: California
1,267 posts, read 72,612 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Actually, the children of illegal immigrants are costing our education system millions of dollars each year. The only reason American businesses higher illegal immigrants is so they can PAY THEM LESS. I'm providing actual data; you're providing pro-illegal immigration theories and false information that is senseless. Unless someone on here who actually knows what they're talking about wants to discuss this subject then I'm finished for now.
I'm not providing pro-illegal theories, I'm not even pro-illegal. I'm providing fact and the fact of the matter is the federal Government will not speak on this issue. They know everything thats going on and what this is doing to laboring class Americans and their companies and are doing nothing to help them.. It is the state Governments who are actually "putting hand" on the issue while the federal Government just stands by and looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 08:10 PM
 
47,586 posts, read 34,504,005 times
Reputation: 21540
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
No offense but that does not speak highly of him.

Chavez and the UFW actually did "wet patrols", (their words). Chavez was not a Mexican nor an immigrant. He was an American labor union leader. Cesar Chavez himself referred to illegals as *******s, they were seen as scabs brought in to bust the union strike.

Foothill Pages.com - Americans Blockade U.S. Border (http://www.foothillpages.com/index.php?Itemid=2&id=85&option=com_content&task=v iew - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
 
47,586 posts, read 34,504,005 times
Reputation: 21540
César Chavez Timeline: Barbara Boxer, US Senator, California (http://boxer.senate.gov/students/resources/features/chavez/timeline.cfm - broken link)

1969 Cesar Chaves

Chavez organized a march from Coachella and Imperial Valleys to protest the use of undocumented immigrants from Mexico as strikebreakers, he is joined along the way by Rev. Ralph Abernathy and Sen. Walter Mondale.


--- they don't make liberals like they used to --- today's liberals are on the side of big corporate greed and their insistence on unlimited cheap labor. It's no longer about rights of American citizens at all, only about the rights of those who wish to make a big profit by keeping wages way down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 09:56 PM
 
635 posts, read 1,147,193 times
Reputation: 111
I'm waiting for an American to be my cook? I've been waiting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2008, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,100 posts, read 23,928,438 times
Reputation: 4808
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I'm waiting for an American to be my cook? I've been waiting...
Gee - I have not found that to be a problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top