Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 09:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I'm waiting for an American to be my cook? I've been waiting...
So...get married. Cook, maid, chauffeur, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Actually, the children of illegal immigrants are costing our education system millions of dollars each year. The only reason American businesses higher illegal immigrants is so they can PAY THEM LESS. I'm providing actual data; you're providing pro-illegal immigration theories and false information that is senseless. Unless someone on here who actually knows what they're talking about wants to discuss this subject then I'm finished for now.
HOW? Aren't the teachers being paid REGARDLESS of how many students they teach? And are you aware that illegals are NOT eligible for EITHER scholarship money or financial aid for college?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
So...get married. Cook, maid, chauffeur, etc.
You believe in mistreating a woman?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:04 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Actually, the children of illegal immigrants are costing our education system millions of dollars each year. The only reason American businesses higher illegal immigrants is so they can PAY THEM LESS. I'm providing actual data; you're providing pro-illegal immigration theories and false information that is senseless. Unless someone on here who actually knows what they're talking about wants to discuss this subject then I'm finished for now.
Why do you think so many corporations and businesses are now taking their business to other countries? It is cheaper, are you against that? It is amazing that you don't hear many complaints that we are losing businesses that hire Americans (or did)

Old 04-06-2008, 10:06 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You believe in mistreating a woman?
Why, hello there Mr.Assumption!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Why do you think so many corporations and businesses are now taking their business to other countries? It is cheaper, are you against that? It is amazing that you don't hear many complaints that we are losing businesses that hire Americans (or did)
One problem has been that unions priced labor so high, that business was unable to compete. The other issue has been government regulations have made the cost of maintaining a workforce so very high -

Old 04-06-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Why, hello there Mr.Assumption!
He expects a wife to be a maid, driver, cook?

I don't have such expectations - my wife is my partner - the OP has no respect for women

Old 04-06-2008, 10:14 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
One problem has been that unions priced labor so high, that business was unable to compete. The other issue has been government regulations have made the cost of maintaining a workforce so very high -
And that is a huge problem, millions of people are losing their jobs. Why is no one protesting that?? One of these days China will probably own us, and we worry only about illegals? To me some outweigh the others.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
And that is a huge problem, millions of people are losing their jobs. Why is no one protesting that?? One of these days China will probably own us, and we worry only about illegals? To me some outweigh the others.
Seems you have not been following the national news lately - for, the issue of loss of jobs has been a major part of the campaign for the Presidential Candidates.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:21 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
China I doubt-------that country is a powder keg IMHO.

Over 1 Billion poor Chinese vs. 150 million affluent ones--------connect the dots.

Besides: the natural counterweight for China will be India; they share a land border and are close in population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration