Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 10:50 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times

Advertisements

[quote=sassyone;3380485]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
What make's you say that "

Oh I do see that, then everything is fine in this country and everything will be fine when you get everyone deported and you have your jobs back that the Ilegals stole from you...because that is the biggest problem with our goverment
It will be a GOOD start!
Americans will again be able to make a good wage doing jobs that illegals have taken or lowered the wages to!
Oh and BTW yes a very large group of Americans want them sent home! Yes that will make us very happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 11:42 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,130 times
[quote=Miborn;3381225]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
It will be a GOOD start!
Americans will again be able to make a good wage doing jobs that illegals have taken or lowered the wages to!
Oh and BTW yes a very large group of Americans want them sent home! Yes that will make us very happy!
They depress wages, overrun our education and health systems, take jobs from our lowest-paid workers (usually minorities) and from teens who need jobs in the summer so that they don't join gangs or sell drugs.

And, it does not MATTER whether they are "taking our jobs" or not - they are illegal, and that's enough for me. Can't wait to get 'em all out, asap.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
hmmm No one has come up with the answer to mach50's question. It was a good one too

Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
hmmm No one has come up with the answer to mach50's question. It was a good one too
Hey thanks...

I am still waiting for the day I see that good ole white american out picking strawberries in the field.

From what I gather, nobody really believes they will see it either. What they will do is bring in legal people from SOB, which will still not speak english, still live in poor areas, still take the jobs from Americans...thus not improving any of the xenophobes way of life.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:17 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Hey thanks...

I am still waiting for the day I see that good ole white american out picking strawberries in the field.

From what I gather, nobody really believes they will see it either. What they will do is bring in legal people from SOB, which will still not speak english, still live in poor areas, still take the jobs from Americans...thus not improving any of the xenophobes way of life.
You're welcome, and I'm also waiting for that day but we know it is not going to happen. I think maybe part of the problem might be, that if you are out of work...some money would be better than no money.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting that only "whites" are, or can be, Americans? Sure sounds like it -

Old 04-07-2008, 02:03 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Are you suggesting that only "whites" are, or can be, Americans? Sure sounds like it -
Nope, but wouldn't you think if America needs these jobs so bad, that at least 1 White American would be working as a strawberry picker?

I was using white as an example, but I would settle to see anyone non-hispanic picking strawberries. At least give me some proof of Americas diversity working these hard jobs.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Nope, but wouldn't you think if America needs these jobs so bad, that at least 1 White American would be working as a strawberry picker?

I was using white as an example, but I would settle to see anyone non-hispanic picking strawberries. At least give me some proof of Americas diversity working these hard jobs.
A) You don't know that there are not "whites" in the fields - unless you are going to try to tell me that you have been to every farm field in the United States

B) I know there are Asian - specifically, at the flower farms in So. Cal

C) I have seen people of African descent in the fields

Old 04-07-2008, 02:10 PM

307 posts, read 521,808 times
Default Responded to MACH 50, You need to learn to multi task.

Quote:
Answered his questions LAST WEEK. He never responded, Not surprised.
You don't seem to be able to multi task very well, That may explain why you think that nobody else can focus on both CHINA and ILEGAL IMIGRATION at the same time.

Here it is again so you don't have to search.

Quote:
I think many of you are missing the impetus of my question(s):

Many here on forums say: "Americans will do those jobs that illegals are doing".

If so, and we have a recession now, with layoffs, etc.

1) Why not gather those hard working people (instead of crying or guarding the border) and go get those jobs?
These are aren't the kind of jobs that will be posting on Monster.com.
Because you can't force an employer to give you a job. At least not here in America. If you were an employer whose bottom line was MONEY, would you fire your low paid illegal workers to hire legal Americans or Immigrants, and pay real wages, deal with employees who know their legal rights (actually know OSHA requirements, as well as know they are allowed X number of breaks by law, and so on) and do not fear deportation if they report you for said violations?

Quote:
2) What is stopping willing Americans from seeking these companies that hire illegals, applying for their jobs, then if they don't get the job, sue that company for discrimination against Americans? Thus creating thousands of class action lawsuits, the American way...
1) Because it takes MONEY to sue. Lawyers are not free, not unless your case looks REAL good.

2) Because proving discrimination is difficult, especially if you are not a minority and the other group is a minority

3) Because lawsuits take years to resolve and your average American wants a Job not, 10 years sitting in court.

Quote:
3) Where is the "MinuteMen" type organization that actually gathers unemployed Americans to take illegals jobs, thus putting them out of work?
See #1 above. You can't force an employer to hire you.

Quote:
4) I keep hearing about "Americans were lining up for the illegals jobs", so where is the evidence of that?
I just keep hearing about companies closing their doors, because they can no longer find labor.
What sort of Evidence do you want?

Government Statistics? Those take one to three years to acquiring and another few years to debate.

News reports? It isn't going to be reported as news because "If doesn't Bleed, It Doesn't Lead". The Media doesn't even get the story.

Which of these two scenarios do you see happening?

1) An employer calling up the News Paper and saying "You know I commiting a crime by paying illegal aliens a substandard wage to work for me, but now that I have been forced to get rid of them I am now hiring Americans. And though I make less profit I still am in business."

or

2) An Employer saying "Aghhhhh, I didn't know my workers were poor illegals, I can't find workers and will go out of business and my family will starve in the streets!!!"

Which one is the media more likely to report?

The only other person who can call is the legal employee. Lets look at that conversation.

"Hello, NY Times, I'd like you to report that I got a job...Hello....Hello...."

"Hello LA Times, I was hired by a place that I think used to hire illegals. Do I have proof they used to do that, Well NO.....Hello....Hello"

Quote:
5) It just seems most Americans want to sit on their hands on cry over it, when there is no evidence that illegals jobs will be replaced by Americans and we will just bring in more people from SOB legally, hich in effect will achieve what exactly?
EVEN if it were true that legal workers would need to come in, Legal workers are better then illegal. We know who they are, Background Checks can be done, They fear doing anything illegal and kicked out and thus loosing the job AND benefits. They don't use other people ID. They get proper medical checks for disease. And so on.

Random

Old 04-07-2008, 02:14 PM

307 posts, read 521,808 times
Default Heres your Answer

Quote:
Hey thanks...

Answered your questions LAST WEEK. You never responded, Not surprised.

Here it is again so you don't have to search.

Quote:
I think many of you are missing the impetus of my question(s):

Many here on forums say: "Americans will do those jobs that illegals are doing".

If so, and we have a recession now, with layoffs, etc.

1) Why not gather those hard working people (instead of crying or guarding the border) and go get those jobs?
These are aren't the kind of jobs that will be posting on Monster.com.
Because you can't force an employer to give you a job. At least not here in America. If you were an employer whose bottom line was MONEY, would you fire your low paid illegal workers to hire legal Americans or Immigrants, and pay real wages, deal with employees who know their legal rights (actually know OSHA requirements, as well as know they are allowed X number of breaks by law, and so on) and do not fear deportation if they report you for said violations?

Quote:
2) What is stopping willing Americans from seeking these companies that hire illegals, applying for their jobs, then if they don't get the job, sue that company for discrimination against Americans? Thus creating thousands of class action lawsuits, the American way...
1) Because it takes MONEY to sue. Lawyers are not free, not unless your case looks REAL good.

2) Because proving discrimination is difficult, especially if you are not a minority and the other group is a minority

3) Because lawsuits take years to resolve and your average American wants a Job not, 10 years sitting in court.

Quote:
3) Where is the "MinuteMen" type organization that actually gathers unemployed Americans to take illegals jobs, thus putting them out of work?
See #1 above. You can't force an employer to hire you.

Quote:
4) I keep hearing about "Americans were lining up for the illegals jobs", so where is the evidence of that?
I just keep hearing about companies closing their doors, because they can no longer find labor.
What sort of Evidence do you want?

Government Statistics? Those take one to three years to acquiring and another few years to debate.

News reports? It isn't going to be reported as news because "If doesn't Bleed, It Doesn't Lead". The Media doesn't even get the story.

Which of these two scenarios do you see happening?

1) An employer calling up the News Paper and saying "You know I commiting a crime by paying illegal aliens a substandard wage to work for me, but now that I have been forced to get rid of them I am now hiring Americans. And though I make less profit I still am in business."

or

2) An Employer saying "Aghhhhh, I didn't know my workers were poor illegals, I can't find workers and will go out of business and my family will starve in the streets!!!"

Which one is the media more likely to report?

The only other person who can call is the legal employee. Lets look at that conversation.

"Hello, NY Times, I'd like you to report that I got a job...Hello....Hello...."

"Hello LA Times, I was hired by a place that I think used to hire illegals. Do I have proof they used to do that, Well NO.....Hello....Hello"

Quote:
5) It just seems most Americans want to sit on their hands on cry over it, when there is no evidence that illegals jobs will be replaced by Americans and we will just bring in more people from SOB legally, hich in effect will achieve what exactly?
EVEN if it were true that legal workers would need to come in, Legal workers are better then illegal. We know who they are, Background Checks can be done, They fear doing anything illegal and kicked out and thus loosing the job AND benefits. They don't use other people ID. They get proper medical checks for disease. And so on.

Random
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration