Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 03:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Are you against a path to legalization for those here now?
Why deport/import new low cost laborers, when we already have them here?

I still don't see how getting legal people from SOB does anything to solve the issues people in America have with Spanish Speakers, Poor People moving into neighborhoods, Bad Drivers, Crime etc..that people in this forum blame on illegals.

It just seems you are saying Americans don't need these jobs and won't even try for them, no matter what. We will still hear the same ole crying game.
One 80-90% of the illegal immigrants including their US born minor age Anchor Babies leave the USA----------then, we as Americans can discuss 'amnesty' for the few left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 03:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Are you against a path to legalization for those here now?
Yes, I am opposed.

Let those here illegally return to their country of origin, and then apply to re-enter the United States, Legally.

To do otherwise would be a slap in a face to all of those who came to the United States legally.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
I just found out that the US Gov is trying to pass Amnesty thru AgJobs. I'm about to post the article.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:11 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I just found out that the US Gov is trying to pass Amnesty thru AgJobs. I'm about to post the article.
NO!!!! You're not serious????? Be still my heart

Old 04-07-2008, 04:54 PM

Sorry,,,,,,It's an old article.

This is more resent.........National Council of La Raza: Policies (http://www.nclr.org/content/policy/detail/1354/ - broken link)

Old 04-07-2008, 08:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Sorry,,,,,,It's an old article.

This is more resent.........National Council of La Raza: Policies (http://www.nclr.org/content/policy/detail/1354/ - broken link)
I never follow La Raza period, I would appreciate Brown Pride before that.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:32 PM

The AgJOBS bill has two components. First, the bill would create an earned adjustment program for undocumented farmworkers who would be eligible to apply for temporary immigration status based on their past work experience, and who could adjust to permanent resident status upon satisfaction of the program's prospective agricultural work requirement.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:31 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Well, not by the grace of our goverment I hope you are right, but I don't think you have a real clue here, of what we are going to be facing.
So continue to think that all will be nice when they are sent home, and I will go back to watching LEAVE IT TO BEAVER
We'll be dividing our resources among fewer people...which can only serve to benefit us. Jobs will also be more plentiful if there were fewer LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants here.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Answered his questions LAST WEEK. He never responded, Not surprised.
You don't seem to be able to multi task very well, That may explain why you think that nobody else can focus on both CHINA and ILEGAL IMIGRATION at the same time.

Here it is again so you don't have to search.

Because you can't force an employer to give you a job. At least not here in America. If you were an employer whose bottom line was MONEY, would you fire your low paid illegal workers to hire legal Americans or Immigrants, and pay real wages, deal with employees who know their legal rights (actually know OSHA requirements, as well as know they are allowed X number of breaks by law, and so on) and do not fear deportation if they report you for said violations?

Random
However, if we started shooting illegal immigrants to our country as the invaders they are....maybe those employers WOULD start hiring Americans for the jobs.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:49 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,419 times
Quote:
And if you look back I did respond to you, then I was warned by a mod for asking too many questions...

And yes to answer the last part of your statement, I would think there would be some proof of Americans taking over these jobs in AZ or OK...anywhere really.

You were warned by a mod for asking too many questions? Is this against the TOS? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a hinderment of freedom of speech!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration