Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 08:48 PM

8,503 posts, read 10,916,437 times

Advertisements

This is unacceptable .

Ever notice when an illegal alien does a small crime, he/she/ is called an undocumented immigrant, but when they do a major crime, like murder, they are called an illegal alien.

They are ALL illegal aliens, and it's high time we start calling them what they are, and treating them as such.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 10:08 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 19 hours ago)

27,541 posts, read 16,022,699 times
And treating them as such, yes.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:58 AM

24,332 posts, read 17,072,043 times
Undocumented immigrant, undocumented worker, undocumented migrant, migratory worker, dreamer, asylum seeker, unenrolled democrat voter... they are all illegal aliens and there is no way to deny that no matter what you call them.

What really gets me, and my local paper did it this morning in an editorial where they said "Trump is attacking immigrant families..." ahh no he is attacking ILLEGAL immigrants, he is not attacking LEGAL immigrants.

I hate it when the Left calls illegal aliens "immigrants".

It's like calling the drug dealer on the corner an independent business man.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:37 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times
While they are undocumented they are all illegals. I have never been able to understand why the left wants to simply call them undocumented.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:00 AM

24,332 posts, read 17,072,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
While they are undocumented they are all illegals. I have never been able to understand why the left wants to simply call them undocumented.

It is a campaign to soften the image of them. The same thing happens when the media barely reports or glosses over crimes that are carried out by illegal aliens and then they highlight when they do something good.

They want to create this image that illegal aliens can do no wrong and all they want is to join our society to work and pay their taxes while portraying Trump and the GOP as the evil nazis that are stopping them.

They say that Trump hates ALL immigrants yet they forget he is married to one? No Trump dislikes illegal immigrants that come to take advantage of our generosity and thank us by committing crimes.

Babies ripped from mothers arms at the border pulls on the heart strings of America so it is front page news but what is not reported are the MS13 guys with the face tattoos that are smuggling drugs and guns into the country.

Don't fall for the Lefty propaganda when it comes to illegal aliens.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:24 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,811,072 times
You guys are way off base as to the origin of the terms illegal alien and alien. The change was made on purpose by the USCIS. I've explained it before, but here it goes again.

Once upon a time non citizens who had "green cards" in the US were called "resident aliens" Those words were printed in big letters at the top of the card. The USCIS made the change to "permanent resident" since they thought the term "resident alien" was outdated.

The act of crossing the US border without permission is known as "EWI" entering without inspection. So these persons are figuratively and literately undocumented immigrants.

Of course no one is ever going to explain this since the term illegal alien sounds more menacing and sinister and makes for better news headlines.

The term "undocumented resident" would be a much better descriptor and its unfortunate that the term "illegal alien" caught on.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:43 AM

15,409 posts, read 25,725,485 times
The USCIS website uses the term illegal alien on many pages.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:55 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,811,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The USCIS website uses the term illegal alien on many pages.

Can you show me where on this site https://www.uscis.gov/
which is the official site of USCIS.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:26 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,185,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
b/c in their mind, then they are not criminals.....

Old 08-22-2018, 11:02 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is a campaign to soften the image of them. The same thing happens when the media barely reports or glosses over crimes that are carried out by illegal aliens and then they highlight when they do something good.

They want to create this image that illegal aliens can do no wrong and all they want is to join our society to work and pay their taxes while portraying Trump and the GOP as the evil nazis that are stopping them.

They say that Trump hates ALL immigrants yet they forget he is married to one? No Trump dislikes illegal immigrants that come to take advantage of our generosity and thank us by committing crimes.

Babies ripped from mothers arms at the border pulls on the heart strings of America so it is front page news but what is not reported are the MS13 guys with the face tattoos that are smuggling drugs and guns into the country.

Don't fall for the Lefty propaganda when it comes to illegal aliens.
babies ripped is one that really ticks me off. I wrote a letter to our daily paper and yes, it was published. We live in a conservative region and our paper still leans right, even though it is becoming more left all the time. My subject was: It is the parents of these kids that are disgusting not the border patrol. they know when they try to come across the border the kids could be snatched from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration