Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:37 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,132,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Really? It's clear that this was the U.S. a few decades ago? You are aware that a decade is ten years, right?

The last time Mexico owned any land in the U.S. (which they only owned for 25 years anyway) was 1846, one hundred and sixty-two years ago. At that time, territory of Mexico included Alta California which ended approximately around modern day Carmel by the Sea, a portion of Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. They never owned territories to the extent shown on the Absolut map.

To blacknight--I don't give a rat's behind if anyone contacts the idiot responsible for this advertising campaign, I just thought folks would like to know who is behind this gem of marketing ingenuity. Personally, I do not appreciate the fact that Absolut is feeding into the garbage reconquista movement mindset by resetting political boundries in order to sell alcohol. We have enough problems with people who think of the U.S. as land stolen from Mexico without this moron adding to the feeding frenzy.
I know all the history mam. Saying "hundreds" of years wouldn't of been correct, so I said "decades", a more suitable term for 162 years. Yes, there was an Alta California who's last Governor (Pio Pico) was a Mexican of African Decent. His land that he bought was later turned into Whittier, California.

This marketing is not a piece of propganda, thats probably the last thing they care about. It is evident they want to switch Mexicans from Tequila, to Vodka. This is pretty much the same thing as someone saying "Buy this beer, it was the beer of our forefathers. Drink American Beer".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 09:03 AM

334 posts, read 826,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Truth be known: it would not hurt my feelings to see all hard liquor advertising banned.

Alcohol is poison for especially American Indians......many of them cannot metabolize it.
You don't have much fun, do you . . . .

Old 04-04-2008, 09:17 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,602,028 times
That advert is about as funny as a hypothetical German beer advert claiming that Hitler's expansionist territorial delusions are what the German beerdrinker really craves or dreams about. How extremely unAmerican of you, exedous and blacknight, if this philosophy is that to which you adhere, shame!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:10 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,387,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
*claps*. Brilliant marketing technique. But what does this have to do with immigration? It is clear that this was the map of the world a few decades ago.
The world you live in consists of the USA and Mexico? Wow, what a limited world you live in. There are other continents that make up the world I live in.

A few decades ago goes as far back as about 1960. Try harder next time.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:20 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,917,082 times
So... how in the world is a revised map supposed to make one want to drink that? Why not show an accurate map, with the same ad. Would that not accomplish the same? If not, why?

Old 04-04-2008, 12:45 PM

334 posts, read 826,976 times
Apparently, you guys were not the target of the ad, otherwise they really missed their goal! Keep twisting a simple ad for your perverted sense of humor (Hitler - wow).

Old 04-04-2008, 01:00 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,602,028 times
Hitler had delusions of conquering his adjacent neighbors, with pale "mandates" of former sovereignty, as his excuse (Sudetenland, anyone?) In slighting the sinister implications of this ad, Dave Rosarito, do you? This is fanning the dastardly extremist reconquistas as surely as KKK rallies fan the hates of the dastardly remaining Aryan supremetists. It matters not that they are tiny minorities, but that it caters to their hatreds, reconquistas and KKKs alike. Both are wrong, both are out of touch, and both are dangerous as they continue to this day in acting on their hatreds.

Last edited by fastfilm; 04-04-2008 at 01:09 PM..

Old 04-04-2008, 01:14 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,132,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The world you live in consists of the USA and Mexico? Wow, what a limited world you live in. There are other continents that make up the world I live in.

A few decades ago goes as far back as about 1960. Try harder next time.

Really? Oh wow! I didn't know. +rep for telling me

Old 04-04-2008, 01:57 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,087,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
You don't have much fun, do you . . . .
I can have lots of fun----------------sober!

NOTE: I am not referring to a person having 1-2 drinks, etc.

Now: my tolerance level is zero for two fisted drinkers/party animals. I LMAO whenever I hear about a bunch of those fools getting arrested for acting stupid and thrown in jail.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:03 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,130,620 times
DAMNATION!!!! My drug of choice, Absolut vodka, has turned traitor!!!
It's going to be a dry spring!

What GOOD booze is made in the United States of America by AMERICANS,...does anyone know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration