Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 12:42 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,459,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I know how bad Mexico is, But the big question is: why is it that bad? do yourself a little research and find the answer.
It doesn't matter how pathetic Mexico is, it's just as bad as the stereotypes, generalizations, and racism on this forum. It's okay to dislike illegal immigration, I completely disagree with people breaking the law crossing the border, but attacking the people is not right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2006, 12:45 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,645,953 times
How do they show us respect?

Old 12-21-2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
How do they show us respect?
I haven't met them all. I haven't intereviewed the 10 to 20 million illegal persons or taken a survey. But, the 95% that I've met are nice people. Sure I bet there are some out there that don't like white folk or the United States. But, I know some other people who don't like them. It goes both ways, its very clear. You can never base your stance on an issue just because of bad experiences or what you see on T.V. Your stance would be based on ignorance.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I haven't met them all. I haven't intereviewed the 10 to 20 million illegal persons or taken a survey. But, the 95% that I've met are nice people. Sure I bet there are some out there that don't like white folk or the United States. But, I know some other people who don't like them. It goes both ways, its very clear. You can never base your stance on an issue just because of bad experiences or what you see on T.V. Your stance would be based on ignorance.
I dont think that it is ignorance to base it on the fact that they KNOW what they are doing hurts us, and is illegal, then march against us when we complain waving Mexican flags and singing the national anthem in spanish while changing the words.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I dont think that it is ignorance to base it on the fact that they KNOW what they are doing hurts us, and is illegal, then march against us when we complain waving Mexican flags and singing the national anthem in spanish while changing the words.
Some were waving Mexican Flags, some were waving American Flags. Maybe, the ones who were waving Mexican Flags were happy to be Mexican or proud to be Mexican. No one knows for sure, because no one asked of their opinion, they only assume. Maybe, somebody wanted to change the national anthem to be patriotic of where they came from. No one really knows?

As I say time and time again, AMERICANS have a really difficult time with generalizations, stereotypes, and racism.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Some were waving Mexican Flags, some were waving American Flags. Maybe, the ones who were waving Mexican Flags were happy to be Mexican or proud to be Mexican. No one knows for sure, because no one asked of their opinion, they only assume. Maybe, somebody wanted to change the national anthem to be patriotic of where they came from. No one really knows?

As I say time and time again, AMERICANS have a really difficult time with generalizations, stereotypes, and racism.
I dont believe it is racism to not like people for what they are doing that is wrong. I dont call them racial slurs, or make fun of their culture. And I think it is wrong to change OUR national anthem to suit there country. We all heard their opinion that day.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:11 PM

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b30c0535a05.htm

Interesting site

Old 12-21-2006, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I dont believe it is racism to not like people for what they are doing that is wrong. I dont call them racial slurs, or make fun of their culture. And I think it is wrong to change OUR national anthem to suit there country. We all heard their opinion that day.
You're right that racism would have someone dislike another based on appearance not on what they have done.

But, disliking someone because they did something that makes you angry is a matter of personal opinion of whether its right or wrong.

I'll look at the website, but tell me how many people came up with the idea for a new national anthem.

Did we hear their opinion that day? Or did we see the flags, faces, marches, and the media's interpretation and develop a personal point of view?

Old 12-21-2006, 01:43 PM

260 million immigrants and their families.. LOL...those stats are just a little off on this site..sorry...But, I appreciate you getting information to debate on..you have been very respectful of my opinions and I hope I've done the same to you

I don't try to reason whether or not illegal immigration is wrong, We all know its wrong. But, the poor verbal treatment and venom towards illegal immigrants is not acceptable. So, can the Indians hate us and speak poorly towards the white folk for invading his Atlantic Coast Border Patrol.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
260 million immigrants and their families.. LOL...those stats are just a little off on this site..sorry...But, I appreciate you getting information to debate on..you have been very respectful of my opinions and I hope I've done the same to you

I don't try to reason whether or not illegal immigration is wrong, We all know its wrong. But, the poor verbal treatment and venom towards illegal immigrants is not acceptable. So, can the Indians hate us and speak poorly towards the white folk for invading his Atlantic Coast Border Patrol.
Ok post some real stats, websites I can go to too prove what you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration