U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 02:13 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
260 million immigrants and their families.. LOL...those stats are just a little off on this site..sorry...But, I appreciate you getting information to debate on..you have been very respectful of my opinions and I hope I've done the same to you

I don't try to reason whether or not illegal immigration is wrong, We all know its wrong. But, the poor verbal treatment and venom towards illegal immigrants is not acceptable. So, can the Indians hate us and speak poorly towards the white folk for invading his Atlantic Coast Border Patrol.
And the 260 million immigrants, they are not talking about now, but future, thats why they say will settle, they say america will double it's population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2006, 02:17 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And the 260 million immigrants, they are not talking about now, but future, thats why they say will settle, they say america will double it's population.
Yeah if the world was forever there would be 2 billion of them, but this ain't reality.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:22 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reality? Population estimates : by 2043 there will be 400 Million people in the US
I think it is a little closer than you think!!! They say by 2100 ( ofcourse I am dead!) it will hit the 600M mark.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:07 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
The meat packing plant that recently had a raid had a line out the door of legal citizens applying for jobs that were recently held by illegal aliens.

Those jobs were once held by citizens to begin with, they were replaced by illegal aliens. Meat Packing Industry, Farms, Warehousing, are 3 of the biggest employers of illegals.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
It doesn't matter how pathetic Mexico is, it's just as bad as the stereotypes, generalizations, and racism on this forum. It's okay to dislike illegal immigration, I completely disagree with people breaking the law crossing the border, but attacking the people is not right.

The people are the ones crossing the border, who else would you have us attack? The President of Taco Land is encouraging all those people to cross the border. He had fliers printed and handed out in Mexico showing how to cross the desert.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:04 AM

4,489 posts, read 6,657,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
The people are the ones crossing the border, who else would you have us attack? The President of Taco Land is encouraging all those people to cross the border. He had fliers printed and handed out in Mexico showing how to cross the desert.

Vicente Fox is great at "passing the buck" for his country. Encouraging his own people to basically be modern-day slaves because he don't know what to do with the poor!

Old 12-22-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Vicente Fox is great at "passing the buck" for his country. Encouraging his own people to basically be modern-day slaves because he don't know what to do with the poor!

You are correct, IMO he's pulling another Castro deal. He's getting rid of the sick, elderly and poor and expects us to foot the bill for it. I just wonder what all those meetings between Mr. Fox and our Mr. Bush was about. There's been no fines levied against any employer for hiring illegals since those meetings started. Sure makes one wonder doesn't it?

Old 12-22-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
You are correct, IMO he's pulling another Castro deal. He's getting rid of the sick, elderly and poor and expects us to foot the bill for it. I just wonder what all those meetings between Mr. Fox and our Mr. Bush was about. There's been no fines levied against any employer for hiring illegals since those meetings started. Sure makes one wonder doesn't it?
I'm thrilled you understand Spanish.

Old 12-26-2006, 10:05 PM

29,617 posts, read 65,648,793 times
What I don't appreciate is that people in our nation aren't distinguishing between legal or illegal in their comments. Just a half-hour south of me in Hazleton, a city that has made national headlines for its tough new laws on illegal immigration, some of these supposedly "upstanding" Caucasian citizens have been criminalizing and targeting any Latin person they can find as being the reason for their city's economic depression. A recent article showed that not only were illegal aliens fleeing Hazleton in droves due to this recent media circus and the ensuing racism, but also plenty of LEGALS have relocated as well.

I just don't understand how people in Hazleton can justify harboring anti-Hispanic sentiments against anyone of Latin descent, even those who are here legally and have opened businesses, pay taxes, volunteer with charities, worship beside us, speak English, and strive to make our communities a better place. Why should they suffer because some other Hispanics are arriving here illegally? This sounds like Stalin's old statement of "When you chop wood, chips fly." In other words, is it still a good thing to rid your city of its illegal immigration problem, the "wood", if legal Latinos, the "chips", are retaliated against as well? What gives these people in Hazleton the right to judge someone based solely upon their skin tone or accent?

This same racist garbage occurred many years ago here in Scranton, where the Irish immigrants often held superior positions in society over other new immigrants simply because they were fluent in English. As a result, those emigrating from other European nations were often given more menial jobs simply because of the language barrier. This created a "class divide" which lead the Irish to feel as if they were "better" in many ways than the other groups of immigrants.

I endure enough stereotyping from homophobes; I don't enjoy seeing that sort of activity being embraced in the Hispanic aspect either. What right do we have to inconvenience the LEGAL aliens in order to rid the nation of our illegals? If we can't determine a way to solve our problems without resorting to racism, then we should just give up on them until we CAN devise a better system!

Old 12-26-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
What I don't appreciate is that people in our nation aren't distinguishing between legal or illegal in their comments. Just a half-hour south of me in Hazleton, a city that has made national headlines for its tough new laws on illegal immigration, some of these supposedly "upstanding" Caucasian citizens have been criminalizing and targeting any Latin person they can find as being the reason for their city's economic depression. A recent article showed that not only were illegal aliens fleeing Hazleton in droves due to this recent media circus and the ensuing racism, but also plenty of LEGALS have relocated as well.

[...]
Wow, this is an excellent writing piece.

Last edited by Yac; 12-27-2006 at 10:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or