Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 03:27 PM

19 posts, read 53,742 times

Advertisements

Well it seems the Mayor is TRYING to enforce immigration laws but his efforts are getting bogged down by lawsuits filed by traitorous organizations who seek to aid,abet,harbor and encourage illegal aliens to live in Danbury, CT.

If you are a resident of Danbury you better be supporting Mayor Broughton in his efforts or soon Danbury will end up like Miami, another third world country right here in the US.

Bottom line is - illegal aliens need to be deported and it is the right of our law enforcement officers to see that this happens. Doesn't matter if they have families here or not.. if they are caught trying to take American jobs at a day labor site and deported - that is the risk they have taken by being here illegally.

Read all about the controversy here

http://www.newstimes.com/news/updates.php?id=1024998&sc=1#comments (broken link)

See a copy of the silly complaint here

http://globaledge.net/Danbury_Lawsuit.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 09:16 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiness View Post
Well it seems the Mayor is TRYING to enforce immigration laws but his efforts are getting bogged down by lawsuits filed by traitorous organizations who seek to aid,abet,harbor and encourage illegal aliens to live in Danbury, CT.

If you are a resident of Danbury you better be supporting Mayor Broughton in his efforts or soon Danbury will end up like Miami, another third world country right here in the US.

Bottom line is - illegal aliens need to be deported and it is the right of our law enforcement officers to see that this happens. Doesn't matter if they have families here or not.. if they are caught trying to take American jobs at a day labor site and deported - that is the risk they have taken by being here illegally.

Read all about the controversy here

http://www.newstimes.com/news/updates.php?id=1024998&sc=1#comments (broken link)

See a copy of the silly complaint here

http://globaledge.net/Danbury_Lawsuit.pdf

I have bad news for you. There is very little your mayor can do. We have a similar situation in a neighboring town (Freehold, N.J.). The town council tried to enact rules and laws checking people from hiring the illegals, making increased inspections on rental properties and citing absentee landlords for over occupancy and code violations in those homes etc., etc., etc., There is a citizens committee that formed (PEOPLE) "Pressing Our Elected Officials to Protect Our Living Environment" that has basically become frustrated because they get no backing. The issue in the Boro has gone from single male Mexicans comming to the area for work back in the 1950s' (used to be lots of farms in the area) to whole families taking up residence in town now. They have become a burden on the town financially. There are many liberal lawyers that have championed these peoples cause (the illegals) and have basically shut down or challenged every attempt the town has made to gain some type of control. They do so at no charge to these individuals. As far a local law enforcement controlling this problem I again have bad news, it's not within their jurisdictional power to really do anything about it. In my opinion this is an issue that will never go away. People that think we have the resources (the U.S. government) to scoop up every illegal and send them back from whence they came are sadly mistaken. It's not going to happen. Maybe the answer is to try to attempt to secure our borders and check the the illegal entry of any more illegals (which is something else I don't think we can do) but more importantly learn how to deal with the ones that are here and make them start contributing so they are less of a burden. It's just my two cents. By the way there is a similar topic in this politics forum (day labor) already started.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:24 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,698 times
Yeah, a lot of local municipalities have suddenly started waking up and realizing that they can take a stance in their communities against the huge influx of illegal immigrants. A small community, Umatilla, OR about 30 miles from my hometown sent a bill to the president of Mexico last year for costs to house illegals in the jail. I believe the bill was about $350,000. Granted, this was a small farm community of maybe 20,000. This is what bankrupts these towns. The local coffers have been dry long enough and there's not much else to do but try to make some kind of local effort since our federal govt won't lift a finger. I don't think they'll get far unfortunately, cause for some reason there are people who believe that illegals actually have constitutional rights in this country.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:10 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Yeah, a lot of local municipalities have suddenly started waking up and realizing that they can take a stance in their communities against the huge influx of illegal immigrants. A small community, Umatilla, OR about 30 miles from my hometown sent a bill to the president of Mexico last year for costs to house illegals in the jail. I believe the bill was about $350,000. Granted, this was a small farm community of maybe 20,000. This is what bankrupts these towns. The local coffers have been dry long enough and there's not much else to do but try to make some kind of local effort since our federal govt won't lift a finger. I don't think they'll get far unfortunately, cause for some reason there are people who believe that illegals actually have constitutional rights in this country.

The people in this country that support the illegals, they should be deported along with the illegals and see how well they fare in Mexico.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:11 PM

48 posts, read 184,317 times
they mow your lawns
they wash your dirty dishes at the retaurants you go to.
they pick your fruits and vegetables you buy at your supermarket
they basically do all the dirty work that you don't want to do
Send them all back
and america will be crippled

Old 12-20-2006, 11:35 AM

211 posts, read 290,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawo View Post
they mow your lawns
Send them all back
Use a spell check and it's doubtful.

We survived long before the 1980s (America was 90% until the 1970s because of the 1965 immigration act) without massive, uncontrolled, third world immigration with people who come here and bring a culture of: crime, bribery, gang activity, non-assimilation, and many other social ills.

If anything, sending illegal aliens home would simply negate the amount we spend on giving them free handouts such as welfare for their anchor babies, food stamps -- for their anchor babies, burdening our hospitals, our schools, committing disproportional amount of crime-dui-gang activity, etc.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:08 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
The people in this country that support the illegals, they should be deported along with the illegals and see how well they fare in Mexico.
The people who attack the illegal immigrants should see how bad Mexico is.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:11 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
The people who attack the illegal immigrants should see how bad Mexico is.
Not our fault, why should we have to support them as well?

Old 12-20-2006, 02:16 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,288 times
Quote:
they mow your lawns
Send them all back
They can only do them jobs because they are illegal and have no choice. Not much room for advancement if you're illegal.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:32 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,169 times
Quote:
they mow your lawns
Send them all back
I just have to say this one really upsets me. I am so tired of hearing that they "do the work Americans don't want to." There is no job I won't do and I'm sure I'm not the only one. This work all got done long before they got here. I will not, however, work for peanuts or allow myself to be treated as less than human. Being a blue collar worker I see this type of treatment happening more and more with employers. I think illegals have brought down the quality of many jobs for the working class American. I also have seen hard working Americans (primarily construction workers) lose out on jobs because companies would rather have the cheaper labor--not the better labor, but the cheaper. I think we're making a huge mistake allowing this to continue. The quality of much of this work is also going down due to the inability to communicate and their lack of knowledge or experience. I've seen it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration