Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:50 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I think this is the real problem, these Mexicans are not from the north.

We are also talking about decades of illegals (from all over SOB) trickling over the entire border and planting in Arizona. Now the reverse flow is a fire hose of people who are not from that region of Mexico.

It may be seen as crying, I see it as logistical planning.
Wait a minute.......Are you saying that the US should take any and all that 'trickle' over the boarder, and if a US citizen doesn't like it ----- tough!

But when those same people go back the other way, and Mexico doesn't like it, its called a logistical planning problem? Why is that? Mexico isn't racist or xenophobic, huh? I guess they don't particularily like having a drain on their local economy or services. Who'da thought? At least they don't have to change their signage....

Old 04-03-2008, 01:57 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Wait a minute.......Are you saying that the US should take any and all that 'trickle' over the boarder, and if a US citizen doesn't like it ----- tough!

But when those same people go back the other way, and Mexico doesn't like it, its called a logistical planning problem? Why is that? Mexico isn't racist or xenophobic, huh? I guess they don't particularily like having a drain on their local economy or services. Who'da thought? At least they don't have to change their signage....
Trickle vs Fire-hose is my point, it is the sheer numbers that will flow back into a particular region that is the concern.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,605,252 times
I am not sure many border agents would agree with your trickle theory. Firehose seem apt in both cases. While we may be better equiped to deal with our influx than Mexico is able to deal with the drain back effect, ours is still a much higher volume.

I am reminded of the tongue in cheek saying..."Since when does poor planning on your part make an emergency on my part?"

Old 04-03-2008, 02:03 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
I am not sure many border agents would agree with your trickle theory. Firehose seem apt in both cases. While we may be better equiped to deal with our influx than Mexico is able to deal with the drain back effect, ours is still a much higher volume.

I am reminded of the tongue in cheek saying..."Since when does poor planning on your part make an emergency on my part?"
Obviously is was poor planning on our part first, since we didn't have enforcement of laws and allowed this all to happen. What is wrong with Mexico trying to actually plan for the influx and work with Arizona? Isn't that pretty smart on their part?

Old 04-03-2008, 02:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Obviously is was poor planning on our part first, since we didn't have enforcement of laws and allowed this all to happen. What is wrong with Mexico trying to actually plan for the influx and work with Arizona? Isn't that pretty smart on their part?
You are correct: there was 'poor planning' involved---------the difference being that us Gringos are correcting the errors.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:25 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
hmmmmm and I am supposed to be concerned about how the Mexican Legislators view...for WHAT reason?????

Old 04-03-2008, 02:49 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
. <- That would be the world's smallest violin playing a sad tone for them.

Aside from that, maybe they should think about how it gouges our economy when illegals get paid under the table (non-taxed) and a good portion of that tax-free money leaves the country. I guess Karma is really kicking in on this one.

Seems cruel, but you reap what you sow. The Mexican Government passed out literature about how to get here illegally and earn money. Now that our government is actually cracking down on the people here ILLEGALLY, they are leaving by choice and by force. Now they get to deal with a large number of people coming home with almost nothing.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:21 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Now let me see,...... what is it that happens every time we try to enforce our laws? La Raza, MALDEF, Lulac, SPLC, the catholic church, hispanic politicians and a cast of thousands start screaming, "Racism!". I agree our laws have not been enforced. The aforementioned groups are part of the reason why.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:29 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Now let me see,...... what is it that happens every time we try to enforce our laws? La Raza, MALDEF, Lulac, SPLC, the catholic church, hispanic politicians and a cast of thousands start screaming, "Racism!". I agree our laws have not been enforced. The aforementioned groups are part of the reason why.
So those aforementioned groups are enabling illegal Hispanic immigrants to commit ethnic cleansing of entire neighberhoods, cites, and states all across America. I read every day, such and such town is seeing a increase in its Hispanic population. Well that increase was not achieved through legal channels.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
I think this is the real problem, these Mexicans are not from the north.

We are also talking about decades of illegals (from all over SOB) trickling over the entire border and planting in Arizona. Now the reverse flow is a fire hose of people who are not from that region of Mexico.

It may be seen as crying, I see it as logistical planning.
??? What? The Mexicans in the north don't want Mexicans from the south in their territory? What racists!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration