U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-04-2008, 06:19 PM

4,726 posts, read 4,115,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Thats 30 million illegals in the U.S. And even that is an exaggerated number. Immigration Counters.com - Live Data <-- that website is a bit more of an understadable number. But where is your source to claim this 30%?!

If your not going to read the entire page, then dont bother me with inane questions, just keep reading the article and you will see it.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; there is an enclave of Mexicans (Sunnyslope neighborhood of Phoenix) who are from Oaxaca (?) and tend to almost 'chocolate' in skin tone------that piece of trivia coming from the so-called 'regular' Hispanics.

I used to live on 12th st and Dunlap for about 2 years...right next to the bowling alley

Old 04-04-2008, 06:35 PM

21,157 posts, read 25,093,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I used to live on 12th st and Dunlap for about 2 years...right next to the bowling alley
And I used to work @ 3rd St/Dunlap back in 1991-92; back then, there were few fewer 'Hispanics'------at least of the foreign national variety.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 04-04-2008 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: Wrong date

Old 04-04-2008, 06:36 PM

1,267 posts, read 8,769 times
Quote:
If your not going to read the entire page, then dont bother me with inane questions, just keep reading the article and you will see it.
Quote:
Most of them are thought to be illegal aliens
In other words, we're not sure.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:40 PM

10,592 posts, read 21,392,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
According to one person on this forum (maybe more), they came here to deal drugs, kill, and rape people.
I have known many people who came from Central and South American to make a better life for themselves and their family. Unfortunately the ones who come here and disregard our laws, make it worse for the ones that are honest.

My apartment was broken into by a man that The Univeristy of Texas At Arlington, he worked in maintenance. I described him to the police, they investigated and found who he was but by the time they found him, he had fled back over the boarder, of course it was then they realized they had no idea who he was since he had stolen someone's identity.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:19 PM

47,586 posts, read 32,295,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I think this is the real problem, these Mexicans are not from the north.

We are also talking about decades of illegals (from all over SOB) trickling over the entire border and planting in Arizona. Now the reverse flow is a fire hose of people who are not from that region of Mexico.

It may be seen as crying, I see it as logistical planning.

Not exactly decades. There were a number of huge amnesties starting in 1986 that went well into the 1990's. The existing illegals of those days were given their amnesty, what we've got now are the millions who poured over the border since that time.

Many illegals have been here less than 10 years, and many that have been here 20 years still speak no or very little English, have really not adapted well to our culture of liability insurance. They are completely fluent in the language of Mexico -- not ours, it really should not matter if they're from the north or the south because the Spanish they speak can be spoken in either region.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:28 PM

47,586 posts, read 32,295,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Trickle vs Fire-hose is my point, it is the sheer numbers that will flow back into a particular region that is the concern.
Mexico should be able to figure out what to do about that.

The best thing it can do is help these people get back to their families and villages and that shouldn't really be all that tough for Mexico to do.

The Mexican government has claimed over and over how great illegals are for an economy, how many taxes they pay in but don't take services out, and how cheap labor will make houses, schools, all buildings more affordable, food more inexpensive and so on.

It is quite absurd that Mexico would now try to claim they are a burden instead of great taxpaying/cheap hard workers so that we take them back off their hands.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Mexico should be able to figure out what to do about that.

The best thing it can do is help these people get back to their families and villages and that shouldn't really be all that tough for Mexico to do.

The Mexican government has claimed over and over how great illegals are for an economy, how many taxes they pay in but don't take services out, and how cheap labor will make houses, schools, all buildings more affordable, food more inexpensive and so on.

It is quite absurd that Mexico would now try to claim they are a burden instead of great taxpaying/cheap hard workers so that we take them back off their hands.
LOL...how true!

Old 04-05-2008, 03:09 PM

164 posts, read 332,852 times
Quote:
That is a self defeating argument---you now have a workforce that can build houses and schools for the community. I mean, they all came here to work...right?
Hey, they'll do the jobs that American's supposedly won't, so it should be a win-win situation!

Old 07-25-2010, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 380 times
Not a single newspaper or tv station ran this story. You should do more research before you post ANYTHING to a website. You are breeding fear and ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.